Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 11:09:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  The Long Road: OOC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Long Road: OOC  (Read 10228 times)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

Yes, when I logged into the wiki that's when I got the message saying I wasn't authorized to post. However I don't think I ever registered for the wiki, though I am registered for the forum, and the wiki requested my forum login.

Hmm odd. Now it seems to be letting me do it. Oh well.  Grin Vashkar added to the wiki... hope I squashed all the bugs this time!

Have an AD.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »

Regarding xp and leveling:
Referee's to award xp. Given these are to be short adventure often this will not result in a level up. Players to note and keep tabs of thier character's xp and apply level ups when earned.
New characters average of pre-existing characters signed up for next adventure minus one (min. third).

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 04:04:46 AM »

Copied over from the recruiting thread, would like a second pair of eyes on it to make sure I've not forgotten something.

(click to show/hide)

Should be finished. I'd appreciate someone giving it a once-over to see if I missed anything. Also, I'm giving 247 silver to the caravan, and unless I find something better to spend them on, the 30 reputation as well. I'm thinking 15 rep towards size of caravan (someone else'll have to pay the remainder 5 rep so we end up at an even 50) and 15 rep towards Tradesman, to represent the caravan NPC's working/earning coin.

Although he's aiming for Vow of Harmony, he'll also favor Vow of Purity, and will act as though he's already under the vows, even if he's not 'formally' taken them yet. Basically he's an ascetic pacifist, who'll only attack when all other options have been exhausted and he's very adverse to killing. Most enemies he'll take alive, and he'll encourage his companions to do likewise, but ultimately he's not his brother's keeper and won't try to stop them if they decide someone needs to die.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 04:59:11 AM »

Copied over from the recruiting thread, would like a second pair of eyes on it to make sure I've not forgotten something.

(click to show/hide)

Should be finished. I'd appreciate someone giving it a once-over to see if I missed anything. Also, I'm giving 247 silver to the caravan, and unless I find something better to spend them on, the 30 reputation as well. I'm thinking 15 rep towards size of caravan (someone else'll have to pay the remainder 5 rep so we end up at an even 50) and 15 rep towards Tradesman, to represent the caravan NPC's working/earning coin.

Although he's aiming for Vow of Harmony, he'll also favor Vow of Purity, and will act as though he's already under the vows, even if he's not 'formally' taken them yet. Basically he's an ascetic pacifist, who'll only attack when all other options have been exhausted and he's very adverse to killing. Most enemies he'll take alive, and he'll encourage his companions to do likewise, but ultimately he's not his brother's keeper and won't try to stop them if they decide someone needs to die.

Looks like our our has a very generous start.  Smiley

"I just do eyes"
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 06:44:55 AM »

Benefit of playing an ascetic, I suppose. So, character looks ok, then? I'll put it on the wiki later today if I don't hear anything.

- Aesop
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »

Here it is still unfinished but recopied to this thread....

Industrious Peasant - Keeper 3 .... I made a slight adjustment and switched out Bandage for Basic Skill Mastery/Horseman

(click to show/hide)

Yes, I split up his Lifestyle with a +1 to Panache and +2 to Prudence with no Charisma bonus, this gives him a Prudence of +7.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »

Wiki page created. Also, surprisingly difficult to find good pictures of elven monks, so this is the best I've found so far.

Also, I decided that he's content with being in the background, letting others get all the glory, so the only thing I contemplated spending Reputation on (Renown) I've decided to not do. So, if someone else can contribute at least 5 Reputation, we'll have a scale 8 caravan with a +8 Tradesman (I'm thinking the related skill is Impress) as the other NPC's earning money while we're off doing whatever.

- Aesop
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 05:32:18 PM »

barter may also work since seting up a shop would be good then we can try a higher percentage than 50.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »

so how much rep do i need to spend on the caravan? is all but 5 coming from one person or is this including my offer to cover half. i just need to know for the sake of keeping records.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 01:47:44 AM »

Looks like I've misread the other thread, all the other 'I'll give X to the caravan' was money, not Reputation, so we're at 15 Reputation for size and 15 for a Tradesman from me, and I believe you volunteered 15 Reputation as well? If so, we're at 30 Reputation, or Scale 6, and one Tradesman. If you (or someone else) can spare some more Reputation, there's several options available. 10, 20 or 45 Reputation to increase Scale, there's one or two Rooms that could conceivably be a part of a caravan, we could use some light Fortifications and there's always room for more Tradesmen.

Also, I don't know if we can call upon Tradesmen to actually perform checks for us. The impression I get is that they're independent professionals that you've agreed to give a place to ply their trade for a cut of the profits, and thus doesn't really owe it to you to do anything. If you want a dedicated merchant for the caravan, I'd suggest buying a contact and naming him 'chief barterer of the caravan' or something.

- Aesop
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 02:34:45 AM »

was not to clear on those rules. i still like the idea. also how about bolo's bastards as a name?

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 04:14:32 AM »

Well I suggest someone put thier hand up to list and tally up all the donated rep and coin then take it on themselves to make draft a list of the group assets.

When this is posted I'll give the others chance to suggest alterations etc.

I hope to get started on the first adventure this weekend.

"I just do eyes"
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 04:57:20 AM »

I've gone through the threads and compiled all the definite declarations of donations that I could see, and threw it up on google docs.

- Aesop
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »

(click to show/hide)
        (click to show/hide)

Fiendbasher
        Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
        « Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »

Hm I could be wrong (and often am) but if you're running that character and the PL with mounted combat rules, won't the sword need to have a Defense value? Mounted combat uses the lowest bonus for defense.

Then again maybe a +0 defense was intentional for stylistic reasons.  Wink

"I knew you were going to say that..."
        Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
        « previous next »
        Jump to: