Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 04:54:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  The Long Road: OOC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Long Road: OOC  (Read 9959 times)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:36:31 AM »

character creation notes and ooc talk goes here.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:42:28 AM »

enough to get started, i still have some gear to pick up i will do that tomorrow.

Bolo Sandydown,  pech,  nomad,  assassin
male

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:01:19 PM by foproy » Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:03:33 AM »

repeated from the recruitment thread

Travelling performers?
Mercinary Band of the Long Road?
Well originally the idea was for chance met companions on the road but I have to say I like the idea of some PC's having a history or ties that bind.

How about this?
Any player can suggest a group to exist. Group membership is optional. These can be small groups or large ones like religeons.
Groups that share equipment have 'shares' (in game explanation can be anything you like but OOC this would be the rule). Each share costs 1sp. and is noted near the character's gear near the stake.
Someone needs to list the total numer of shares.
We then need a list of the gear bought with these funds with the sp value and current of each item and a total value. One player has to be nominated to keep track of this.

If you want to pull out you need to be bought out by the others. the cost of the buy out will be (total sp/total shares)x(your shares).
But you don't need to know that, friends forever, right?

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 05:00:53 AM »

Vashkar the Draconian

Sitting on the ground with his back to you, leathery wings partially unfurled and tail curled around him, he looked like a very small dragon, with deep reddish scales that lighten to an almost orange hue on his underside and nearly black across his back, and dark stripes banding his hide. But then he rose to his feet and turned to face you, picking up a long hafted glaive from the ground and bringing it to the ready. More visible once standing, his build was more humanoid... he balanced on two legs on the balls of black-taloned feet, long tail swaying languidly behind him. He wore clothing... something resembling heavy padded trousers, and his arms and feet were tightly wrapped in thick cloth. Even more  padded garment lay in a heap next to his feet. Golden eyes peered down a pointed dragonlike snout at you, their catlike pupils narrowing slightly as he took in your measure. Briefly the spines running from the top of his horn-crowned head and down his neck prickled forward, pulling up his membranous crest... but then he relaxed a bit, not seeming to perceive you as a threat. He vented a slight snort in your direction, before he turned back to the fire and crouched back down to sit on what appeared to be his fur lined cloak, keeping his weapon within easy reach.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Gone over it once, found a bunch of errors... I think I got 'em all but if you see any more, let me know.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:53:52 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 04:47:45 PM »

As for the group idea, it works for me. Vash would likely have joined a wandering group of entertainers or mercenaries simply because such a group would take him far and wide, and he would be able to hear rumors that might lead him to news of others of his kind.

Also, the magic item I chose for him will allow him to blend in with the more 'normal' folk races, for short periods of time (30 minutes at a go).

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »

As for the group idea, it works for me. Vash would likely have joined a wandering group of entertainers or mercenaries simply because such a group would take him far and wide, and he would be able to hear rumors that might lead him to news of others of his kind.

Also, the magic item I chose for him will allow him to blend in with the more 'normal' folk races, for short periods of time (30 minutes at a go).

For clarity: The travelling entertainers (we need a group name) now has 50sp
Fiendbasher: There is a cut and paste error on the reflex save but nothing else jumps out on a quick pass.

"I just do eyes"
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:22:59 PM »

For clarity: The travelling entertainers (we need a group name) now has 50sp
Fiendbasher: There is a cut and paste error on the reflex save but nothing else jumps out on a quick pass.

Got it... and found a couple more to boot. Brain's still fuzzy but it's improving and soon I should be able to give it a more thorough picking through. I know when I transferred from paper to screen I found some errors I'd made on paper, and probably added some more when I entered it in type, lol...

As for group resources I think I'm going to pull my silver contribution back to 10, but will also make a contribution of 14 reputation in case we want to spring for some kind of group holding. We'd need 30 for a small caravan... that would be almost half.

Company of the Endless Road? Might work for either entertainers, or mercenaries, or both at the same time.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:01:26 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »

At the moment it looks like the newly christened Killishandra Freyj -- a sea-ogre-blooded something something Captain 2 / something 1 -- is going for the team's medic slot (the ogre was, Beowulfishly, her mother)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:36:46 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »

At the moment it looks like the newly christened Killishandra Freyj -- a sea-ogre-blooded something something Captain 2 / something 1 -- is going for the team's medic slot (the ogre was, Beowulfishly, her mother)

I like... can't wait to see it.  Grin

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »

I almost decided on a gorgan-style -- as in Medusa -- character via Saurian blooded, except I'm already playing a saurian blooded wirefu/parkour expert in another game.

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »

Bolo,
Please take 1AD for your Wiki contribution.

"I just do eyes"
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12:16 PM »

I'd add mine but apparently I'm not authorized to add comments.  Undecided

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »

From memory you have to register for the forum separately and log in separately.
If you are logged into the forums you are not logged into the wiki at the same time.

"I just do eyes"
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »

Yes, when I logged into the wiki that's when I got the message saying I wasn't authorized to post. However I don't think I ever registered for the wiki, though I am registered for the forum, and the wiki requested my forum login.

Hmm odd. Now it seems to be letting me do it. Oh well.  Grin Vashkar added to the wiki... hope I squashed all the bugs this time!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:26:24 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »

i have never logged into the wikki, though i always log into the frontpage.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: