Vashkar - Saurian (Draconian) Gladiator Soldier
Medium biped folk, reach 1Speed:
30 ft. ground, 60 ft. winged flightStr:
+6 = 3(Str) + 3(Soldier) [Forte: Edged]
- Halberd/Ji +7 (1d10+5 lethal; threat 19-20. Qualities: superior materials, AP 4, reach +1, trip, hook[polearm basics])
- Dagger +7 (1d6+4 lethal; threat 19-20. Qualities: bleed, hurl)
+6 = 3(Str) + 3(Soldier)
- Fist +6 (1d4+4 subdual; threat 20)
- Bite I +6 (1d8+4 lethal; threat 18-20)
- Tail Slap I +6 (1d8+4 subdual; threat 20)
+4 = 1(Dex) + 3(Soldier)
- Long Bow +4 (1d6 lethal[standard arrow] or 1d6 fire[flaming arrow]; threat 19-20; range 40 ft. x6; Qualities: AP 4[standard] or AP 2[flaming])
- Fire Breath (20' line) +4 (2d6+3 fire; DC 15 Reflex save for half damage)
+5 = 2(Soldier) + 3(Con)Reflex Save:
+2 = 1(Soldier) +1(Dex)Will Save:
+3 =3(Soldier) +0(Wis)Defense:
14 = 10 + 2(Soldier) + 1(Dex) +1 (Agile Defense)DR:
4/5 =3 (Thick Hide 3, partial) +1/+2 (Soldier, +1/+2[dramatic scene])Resists:
Cold 9 (Moderate padded armor with Warm upgrade)Spell Resistance:
+3 = 2(Soldier) + 1(Dex)Action Dice:
- Panache 1 (+0 Appearance, 10s income)
- Prudence 0 (15% Money saved/earned)
- Cold Blooded: Requires only 1 common meal per day but suffers 1 additional damage per die from cold, and sickened for a number of rounds equal to half any cold damage taken (rounded down). If the cold damage source is continuous (such as from an environment), Vashkar is sickened until he escapes the source.
- Darkvision I: Ignore penalties from dim or faint light conditions.
- Agile Defense: Base Defense increases by 1.
- Crunch!: Strength based damage rolls inflict +1 extra damage.
- Harsh Beating: The Fortitude save DCs of subdual damage you inflict increase by 4
- Paired Skills: Each time you gain 1 or more ranks in the Athletics skill, you gain equal ranks in the Impress skill. This may not increase your Impress skill beyond its maximum rank.
- Accurate: Each time you spend an action die to boost an attack check, you roll and add the results of two dice.
- Fortunes of War I: You gain Damage Reduction 1. During dramatic scenes, this DR increases to 2.
- Fight On: At levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19, you gain one additional Basic, Melee, Ranged or Unarmed Combat feat or 2 additional proficiencies.
Total = Ranks(6 max) + Attribute Modifier + Misc
- Acrobatics +7 = 6 + 1(Dex)
- Athletics +8 = 5 + 3(Str)
- Blend -5 = 0 + 0(Cha) - 5[draconic legacy]
- Bluff +0 = 0 + 0(Cha)
- Crafting +2 = 0 + 2(Int)
- Disguise +0 = 0 + 0(Cha)
- Haggle +0 = 0 + 0(Wis)
- Impress +5 = 5 + 0(Cha)
- Intimidate +5 = 5 + 0(Wis)
- Investigate +0 = 0 + 0(Wis)
- Medicine +2 = 0 + 2(Int)
- Notice +5 = 5 + 0(Wis)
- Prestidigitation +1 = 0 + 1(Dex)
- Resolve +9 = 6 + 3(Con)
- Ride +1 = 0 + 1(Dex)
- Search +3 = 1 + 2(Int)
- Sense Motive +1 = 1 + 0(Wis)
- Sneak +1 = 0 + 1(Dex)
- Survival +5 = 5 + 0(Wis)
- Tactics +4 = 2 + 2(Int)
Acrobatics & Sense MotiveACP:
- Combat Instincts: Once per round when an adjacent opponent attacks you and misses, you gain a free attack against him. If this attack hits, it inflicts only 1/2 damage (rounded up)
- Polearm Basics: When you wield a polearm it gains hook. Also, you gain the stance: Spinning Shield
- Polearm Mastery: Once per round you may immediately make a free polearm attack against an opponent who moves into a square adjacent to you. You inflict only 1/2 damage with this attack (rounded up). Also, you gain the trick: Topple and Gut.
- Draconic Heritage: Gain thick hide 3 and are always considered to have a mage’s pouch. When taking the Basic Skill Mastery feat you have access to a new skill pair: Conqueror (Impress & Tactics).
- Draconic Legacy: May breathe fire and select feats as if a Drake. Has leathery wings that grant winged flight 60 ft. -1 starting AD and -5 penalty with Blend checks.
- Spinning Shield: You gain DR against bow and hurled weapon damage equal to the number of Melee Combat feats you have.
- Topple and Gut (Polearm Trip Trick): You also inflict your polearm’s damage.
- Shove (Melee or Unarmed Attack Trick [Forte]): The character uses an attack’s momentum to drive his opponent back. With a hit against a target of equal or smaller Size, the character pushes the target back 5 ft. He may follow to remain adjacent to the target or stay in his current location
- Fend (Melee Attack Trick): The character uses fancy footwork, staggering strikes, and warding blows to create a pocket of space between he and his opponent. If the character hits with this attack, he may immediately move 5 ft. as a free action.
- Parry (Initiative Action [Forte]): The character uses his hands or weapon to knock an incoming attack aside. Once per round when the character’s not flat-footed, after he’s been hit by a melee or unarmed attack but before damage is rolled, he may make a Reflex save (DC equal to the attack check result). With success, the damage drops to 0 (though any special effects from the attack are still felt). The character may take this action a number of times per combat equal to the number of Melee Combat feats he has (min. 1).
- Forced Opening (Melee Attack Trick [Forte]): The character makes a risky attack to spin an opponent about and disorient him. While attacking with a 2-handed melee weapon and not flat-footed, the character may increase his error range by 2 to cause the target to become flanked for 1 full round. With a miss, the character becomes flat-footed at the end of his current Initiative Count.
- Language: Common
- Study: City-state of Telvar
- Study: Folk anatomy
- Study: Musical composition
- Interest: Sound mimicry
Carrying 31.2; Carrying Capacity >120 (light) to 360 (heavy)Armor
Moderate Padded Armor (DR 1; DP -0; ACP -0; Spd -0; Disguise +0; Cold Resist 9; Qualities: Warm) - 4lbs. - 38sWeapons
Ji - [polearm, upgrades: trip, superior materials] (1d10 lethal; threat 19 -20; Qualities: reach +1, AP 4, trip) - 10lbs. - 90s
Long Bow - (damage by arrow; threat 19 -20; range 40 ft. x6; Qualities: AP 2) - 3lbs. - 60s
Standard Arrows x30 - (1d6 lethal; Qualities: AP +2 (total 4 from long bow)) - .1lbs. - 10s
Flaming Arrows x10 - (1d6 fire) - .1lbs. - 10s
Dagger - (1d6 lethal; threat 19-20; Qualities: bleed, hurl) - 1lb. - 15sGeneral Equipment
Canteen - (.5 lbs. empty, 5.5 lbs. full) - 5s
Purse - 5sSupplies
Rations (7 uses) - 5lbs. - 5s
Oil (2 pints) - 2 lbs. - 2s
Vitality Elixir x2 (each heals 2d6 vitality) - .25 lbs. ea. - 50sMoney in Hand:
0 (10 in group)Prizes:
(Max 1)Magic ItemsSignet of the Duke's Double:
This silver signet ring was created to allow a bodyguard to temporarily assume the appearance of his noble charge and act as a decoy, should an assassination attempt be anticipated. It was also to offer some protection to the stand in, should the attempt be carried out. (Level 3)
Lesser Charm: Spell use (Disguise Self), once per scene.
Greater Essence: NPC Quality: Tough I
Cost: 16 Reputation
Note: If a greater essence isn't allowed, or if you like the idea better, a lesser essence of NPC quality: cagey I could be substituted and would still fit the theme. Cost would be reduced to 7.