Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 12:40:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Star Wars -> MAG Conversion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars -> MAG Conversion  (Read 1361 times)
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 09:50:08 AM »

Blindsight should be a Sense trick, not Control. Thought projection is Alter. And the Jedi Mind Trick, IIRC, is all three. How's this:

Jedi Mind Trick (Force Trick): You can influence the weak minded. Roll the lowest of your Control, Sense, or Alter, to [ZINC OR BRASS].

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Maliloki
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »

Updated the list. Should have realised the blindsight thing. Projected telepathy I was kinda iffy on. A list of powers I found for the d6 star wars game had the combination powers, but I was trying to link each stunt to just one pool.

Same with the affect others stunt. Maybe it fits better under the Alter pool?

I also added far seeing and visions to the sense pool which had the happy coincidence of giving each pool six stunts.Tongue

Also, I'm not spending any time on the dark side stuffs, its not something I plan on using really. As an NPC thing I'll just go with what feels right. I always prefer goodish heroes.  Smiley

Again, I'm not super familiar with the star wars universe, so edit away.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:03:48 AM by Maliloki » Logged
ZetaStriker
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »

Projected telepathy does sound more like Sense to me . . . and you may consider making a Stunt for enhanced force-jumping under Alter. But the list looks pretty good, I like what you're doing with it. Sith stuff should be pretty easy to add in there anyway, just making Force Lightning a Stunt that goes off of Alter, for instance.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 12:40:59 AM »

Force jumping would be Control, if anything. Anything that increases your own physical capabilities is Control. Projected Telepathy is most definitely Alter (anything that affects the outside world is Alter), though Telempathy is Sense (Jedi can't really read thoughts, but they can read emotions pretty well.)

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Maliloki
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 07:05:07 AM »

I figured the force jumping was general enough, works just like a general use of pewter, same with sensing emotions. Obviously, my list is in no way complete, final, or official in any way so feel free to mod it to your hearts content.

Now its somebody's turn to make ships, equipment, and droids  Grin
ZetaStriker
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 12:38:54 PM »

I never thought of it as increasing your physical abilities. It always looked like they were force pushing themselves to some degree.
Maliloki
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 10:33:07 AM »

As a potential option, Average powers (or snapping to a misting) could be representative of a force sensitive person just accessing their powers enough to be considered a padawan or just before a padawan by having a 1 in each force school. Maybe allow either a stunt or one of the three schools to start at 2 or both to represent their talent.

I dunno, might work. What do you guys think?
ZetaStriker
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »

I don't know; it's basically having someone take up a Powers slot for something they can't do anything with. Even if you charge Mistborn prices at the Advancement "shop", the cost in Advancements to raise them up to what a Strong power Jedi might start with is more expensive than taking weak powers and doing whatever your equivalent to snapping is! The only reason to include powers at a rank of one is if you want all the player characters to be potential Jedi, and call Weak Powers "Force Sensitive" with a useless 1 in all stats, bypassing the "snapping into a Jedi" thing entirely as they can raise them into honest-to-god powers.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: