Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2014, 11:32:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Mistborn Demos goodness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mistborn Demos goodness  (Read 519 times)
Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »

So, I ran my third and last Demo over Infrno a few days ago. It was an excellent session. The PCs were Thorrow, Sayna and Sev and they took a primarily social approach to the job. This differed a lot from the Koel and Damosi game where they had much more personal power to be able to take a more direct approach.

I have found that after a few sessions of familiarising myself with the system, that it is excellent in play. Everyone contributed and I was delighted that the verbal sparring at the dinner table proved as intense and exciting as the rooftop chase/fight. Sev's gentle integration into the serving staff, avoiding Conflict, was also plain fun too and essential to the group's success.

The PCs left behind a broken House, a murdered noble, a disgraced noble, and a skaa servant to be executed.

I didn't get much chance to try out the Standings in action, but I am pleased with what I did do.

I can't post too much detail for fear of spoilers of Thieves in the Ninth House. But given that everyone is focussed on combing out the few mechanical issues at the moment, I thought it would be good hear some positive reaction to the system in action.
MistbornDave
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:44:59 PM »

My games were split as well, first one was "burn the house and let survivors make their way out" while the second was played much diplomatically.

Check out my blog '7+ Ward Save'
http://7upwardsave.blogspot.com/

"I'm a thief, not a prophet. Sometimes, we just have to be what the job requires."
Maliloki
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 03:59:02 PM »

Playing Thorrow was a blast in that game. Being allied with Sev and Sayna was also great cause it forced me to not want to fully throw down and risk the other two.

It felt like it took q bit to get used to, for me at least since I was coming off a long Pathfinder stint. But we eventually started to get the rules and what would fly with the dm and things felt better. Had we been able to play longer or more sessions I think it would have really been something cool. *Hint hint Skywalker* Wink
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »

That's fantastic to hear! We're glad folks are embracing the system on its own merits, and especially to see the diversity of approaches and crew strengths. That's exactly what we were after. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »

Had we been able to play longer or more sessions I think it would have really been something cool. *Hint hint Skywalker* Wink

I was almost keen. And then I remembered the time differential Smiley
Maliloki
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:26:42 AM »

Had we been able to play longer or more sessions I think it would have really been something cool. *Hint hint Skywalker* Wink

I was almost keen. And then I remembered the time differential Smiley

Valid point. I don't know what it was for you, but it was a nice afternoon game for me  Wink

Thanks again for running it though, had lots a fun.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: