Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 10:19:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Looking for one player for Fantasycraft pbp
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for one player for Fantasycraft pbp  (Read 501 times)
Chaos Emerald
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »

I'm looking for one player for my pbp game, we are using the errata and the party is level 1 consisting of this:
A drake captain, An Unborn mage and an Ogre Martial Artist, so the party could use any kind of role at the moment, I prefer somebody to play what they like instead of a forced role.

If interested just let me know.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »

Tell us a little about the campaign? The world?

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Chaos Emerald
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »

let see:

-Character creation standard, just like the one in the Fantasy Craft Book.

Campaign Qualities:
Sorcery ,Miracles, Dramatic Pacing, Fast Leveling.

Kingdom of Rom:

The Kingdom of Rom is a vast kingdom ruled by a fair and just king, King Lance has fought in wars and protected his kingdom from various invasions from other nearby kingdoms. It is mostly inhabited by humans but races from far distant lands are welcome to come help the kingdom with his various problems, mostly monsters invading, damsel in distress to save and the corrupted trying to take advantage of the locals.

Era: Feudal
Population: 221 000 ( 75% Humans, Pech 10%, Dwarf 5%, Elves 5%, others 5%)
Capital: Radia

Allies: Dwarven Kingdoms and Elven Kingdoms
The Enemies: Bugbears, Orcs, Goblins, Undeads

Magic in the world:
Only spellcasters benefits from using magic, it isn't used all over the place or used as mundane means in the kingdom of rom at least. In the elven kingdoms, cities maintained with magic aren't unheard of.
Arcane magic is generally flashy with many visual effects and auditory which couldn't be missed.
Divine Magic on the other hand gives a sense of warm or terror depending on the divine intervention involved and is not as flashy as arcane magic.
The common people prefers divine spellcasters and thinking of arcane spellcasters as witches and warlocks. A few exceptions exist of course, such as a Wizard working as a counselor for the court.

Religion:
The gods are present and bless the inhabitants of their world. The miracles often saved more than one person out of a perilous situation. So the commoners are mostly religious. There are only a few amount of gods:

Ralos The god of Heroes, Dergmos the god of the Dwarves, Sylva the god of the elves, Mothra the goddess of the Monsters and Vishan the God of the Dragons, Gaia The goddess of Nature, Luminen the Goddess of the Light and the Dark God.

The campaign is mainly centered of Heroes working for the Kingdom of Rom and basically doing heroic deeds. Errata is in effect.
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:25:15 AM »

Any room for a Pech gifted human artisan keeper? I haven't tried the crafting rules much yet, and it should be fairly easy to also fill in for any skill sets the group might not have.  Also, what's the tech level?

Character-wise, I was thinking a quiet, intense sort of person, who having drawn a lesson from history about the side with the best tools often winning wars, while distrusting magic, has dedicated himself to weapons-crafting (for the kingdom's safety, given the multiple threats it's faced in its recent history).  So, following an apprenticeship to one of the best smiths in the city (from the dwarven quarter, if that's setting-appropriate - should make an interesting Extra Contact for a first level feat), he's going out to get some experience in the field, and see what really works, versus what doesn't.

EDIT: Alternatively, I also have an idea for a Ruthless Human Warden Lancer, as I haven't tried mounted combat before.  He'd be an outrider charged with upholding justice in the wilder bits of Rom's borderlands.  If appropriate, he could even be something of a millitary liaison for this strange group of individuals, partly to keep an eye on them. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:35:56 PM by paddyfool » Logged
Chaos Emerald
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »

The crafter would be more than welcome, I'll send you a pm.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: