Author Topic: Map?  (Read 1530 times)

Shinrei

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Map?
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:21:52 AM »
Hi everyone,

i am new to this forum, just signed up  ;D
After browsing through the Mistborn RPG i have to say i really like what i see. The mechanics are very simple but still elegant...i really dig it.
If the rules really transport the feel of the novels, i can't say, as i have not read the novels (yet - i know, blasphemy, right?!  ;) ;D ).

Well, now on to my question: As hinted at in the thread-title, i was wondering why there is no map in the rpg book? I mean it is supposed to be an rpg set in the world of the novels.

Is it possible for you guys to put up a nice and high res map of the world in your downloadsection? That'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Aminar

• Agent
    • View Profile
Re: Map?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:43:18 AM »
I am almost positive one is in there.  I looked at it just a few days ago.  I'm looking for it now.

I couldn't find it in the Book itself(I might have been looking at an Ebook from the series or something), but here are the maps.  http://www.isaacstewart.com/2011/09/04/mistborn-series-artwork/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:51:45 AM by Aminar »

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
The mapS of Scardial and Luthadel are in House of Ashes, which was cut from the main rulebook. But no, it looks like the RPG will not have the maps themselves.

You can find copies of them on the Internet though easily enough and in the novels.

Shinrei

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
Ok, thanks for the answers so far  :)

As it seems, i can't download the House of Ashes thingy anymore. Can this be fixed?

To be honest, i don't want to use the novels as worldmap provider (first and foremost because i do not own the novels) and while the maps on the internet are all well and good, i think it kind of an oversight not to put one into the rpg intended for said world!
Can this not be rectified? A nice high resolution version of the map for download? Bonus points if you let some talented cartographer make a map especially for the rpg (with maybe some more information and a bit more color than the black and white one which Aminar has linked to).

pherisWiel

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
I think the lack of a map is intentional. You can just make up your own cities and dominance boundaries. I don't see it as a big deal because I don't see my crew running across the globe.

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »
As it seems, i can't download the House of Ashes thingy anymore. Can this be fixed?

Did the bundle you bought include House of Ashes?

As to the maps, I personally think the black and white ones from the novels are excellent.

Aminar

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
Ok, thanks for the answers so far  :)

To be honest, i don't want to use the novels as worldmap provider (first and foremost because i do not own the novels) and while the maps on the internet are all well and good, i think it kind of an oversight not to put one into the rpg intended for said world!
Can this not be rectified? A nice high resolution version of the map for download? Bonus points if you let some talented cartographer make a map especially for the rpg (with maybe some more information and a bit more color than the black and white one which Aminar has linked to).
I'm hesitant to call it an oversight, I kind of like the lack of a map.  It makes things easier for those of us horribly attached to continuity.

Shinrei

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 03:34:15 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

Interesting point of views  ;D

I am the exact opposite...i really like maps and i always "mourn" a lack of a map  ;) But then, my assertion that i like maps was an understatment...i am a total map addict  ;D

Thanks anyways!

Oh an i wish you all a happy new year! May your wishes come true in 2012!

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »
As surmised, the maps were cut from the book when A House of Ashes spun off as a separate product. We'll look at including the Hero of Ages world map somewhere in the finished book. The other maps we already have are all for cities and those are  best held off for the corresponding products.

The map fetishists in the audience will be happy to know that we're planning to expand with new maps as we go. It won't be a simple or quick process, mind, as this isn't our world and everything has to go through Brandon and his team, but it's currently in the works.
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.

Shinrei

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »
That sounds all kinds of awesome!  ;D

Thanks a lot for the reply, Pat. Looking very much forward to all the map-goodness that comes our way  :)