Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 08:54:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  MAG Typos and Corrections thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAG Typos and Corrections thread  (Read 9746 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

Your game room, kid-friendly again

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »

Page 269: The words "first bullet above" are in red.

Well, now I know how that instance of "XX" slipped through. I was worried at one point that one of the graphic designers had used an old file to make some changes I'd asked for, and clearly that's what happened - because I know for a fact I de-colored those two bullet references. Not surprising really, given the insane number of iterations we go through sometimes.

Ah well, I'm sure you guys will alert me to all the things I fixed in that lost update.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
EmpactWB
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »

Page 316: "A Smoker Savant gains two “free” Nudges with Copper rolls and is a rare case of a Misting being largely unaffected by continuous burning. Consequently, the Savant suffers no penalties when not burning Steel." That should be Copper. (Although I guess it is technically correct.  Wink )

Page 462: "Though he’s not well loved, the revered and awed, and even those who disagree with his world use his name as a curse." Missing a comma after "world".

Page 476: "This brands JeHoy a rogue, and Brandon decides it’s sufficiently momentous that it warrants a chance in her Tragedy." Should be "change", I believe.

Page 501: I'm not sure if this is a typo or not, but given the events of Alloy of Law and Brandon's statements elsewhere, Marsh should have an additional spike granting Atium Feruchemy. Not that it matters too much in the course of a game, but chiming in with it anyway.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:52:35 AM by EmpactWB » Logged

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 06:24:52 AM »

Thanks!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

MaskedBrute
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »

On page 122 there's a line about recovering an inner "piece" and I couldn't tell if that was word play or a typo.

On page 307 in the section on Ferochemical uses of Iron it talks about people frequently using the extra weight to become a better anchor when ironpulling and steelpushing. As cool as that is, it's my understanding that doesn't exist as a possibility in the core book.
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »

On page 307 in the section on Ferochemical uses of Iron it talks about people frequently using the extra weight to become a better anchor when ironpulling and steelpushing. As cool as that is, it's my understanding that doesn't exist as a possibility in the core book.

There are two ways I can see it being relevant.
   1) The "anchor" is a reference to the the target of Steelpushing and Ironpulling.  A Feruchemist in metal armor who increased his weight could act as an anchor for a Mistborn that is Steelpushing or Ironpulling.
   2) Through the use of a hemalurgical spike, it is possible for someone to have the ability to store weight with the ability to Steelpush or Ironpull.

The wording may be slightly better if it said a better anchor for ironpulling and steelpushing, but it doesn't seem incorrect as it stands.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
MaskedBrute
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »

Well the exact wording is "Characters often increase their weight with Iron to make themselves an anchor when Ironpulling or Steelpushing." Earlier, when talking about the Allomantic uses it says, "Allomancers often anchor themselves by Pulling on a second larger object, or increasing their weight."

In the little "From Brandon" box he does define anything Pushed or Pulled as an anchor, though.

I can see what you mean, it just confused me a bit because it seemed to be saying that characters "often" have the opportunity to Feruchemically increase their weight when Ironpulling or Steelpushing. You're right, though, that a Hemalurgical spike could do it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:31:48 PM by MaskedBrute » Logged
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »

On page 122 there's a line about recovering an inner "piece" and I couldn't tell if that was word play or a typo.

That should be "peace." We'll get it fixed.

As to Iron Ferchemy, the idea there is that the heavier a character is, the heavier a Steelpushed or Ironpulled object must be to move him. He or she has more weight to "throw around," which in the physics of this universe's magic system means he or she can effectively "throw around" heavier objects.

You think there's a clearer way to say this and still keep the text simple?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

MaskedBrute
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 09:38:11 PM »

Perhaps change the "when" to "for" (remaining broad, but implying an intentional interaction with those abilities) or add "dealing with" after "when" (similarly broad, though less inclusive of situations where the character is doing both).

Also, on page 316 In the paragraph for Copper Savants it says that they "suffer no penalties when not burning Steel."

And on page 317 under Copperminds, in the last sentence of the first full paragraph, it says "...because the memory is stored in a perfect and unaltered (and unalterable) the character..." I think the missing word is something like "state" for the version without the parenthesis to be "perfect and unaltered state"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:49:41 PM by MaskedBrute » Logged
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »

Perhaps change the "when" to "for" (remaining broad, but implying an intentional interaction with those abilities) or add "dealing with" after "when" (similarly broad, though less inclusive of situations where the character is doing both).

Also, on page 316 In the paragraph for Copper Savants it says that they "suffer no penalties when not burning Steel."

And on page 317 under Copperminds, in the last sentence of the first full paragraph, it says "...because the memory is stored in a perfect and unaltered (and unalterable) the character..." I think the missing word is something like "state" for the version without the parenthesis to be "perfect and unaltered state"

Thanks! We'll add those to the list.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Soulcatcher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 02:04:59 AM »

Page 227:"Beck hopes that the captain will become so preoccupied with visions of his dead lover that hfe’ll ignore his duties." Should be "he'll."
Soulcatcher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:43 AM »

Page 232, 1st example:  If I understand the rules for spending Standings correctly, Sayna actually can make one more attempt to spend Resources.

Also, the second example should read "Beck has spent 3 of his 6 Influence."

Page 245: "The Narrator determines the final form of any particular piece of legislature" should be "legislation."

Page 269: "While a character may gain" should be "while a character who gains."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:28:39 AM by Soulcatcher » Logged
Soulcatcher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »

Page 355: "slain my mortal men" should be "slain by mortal men."
EmpactWB
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 05:11:19 AM »

Page 287: "Blessings are the only exception to this rule — they don’t suffer this penalty because the spikes actually create them, and are responsible for their sentience." The pronouns seem to refer to Kandra in context, but Kandra aren't mentioned in that paragraph. Either "Blessings" should be "Kandra" (if Kandra are immune to all stat-loss drawbacks of Hemalurgy), or  "they" should be "Kandra" (if Kandra are only immune to the drawbacks of the Blessings).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:21:48 AM by EmpactWB » Logged

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »

Thanks everyone! This is an awesome list. Keep 'em comin'!

And again, sorry for the version control issue. If not for that, fully half f these wouldn't be there right now.  Roll Eyes

Still, it's helpful having tons more eyes on this, as I'm not sure I'd catch them all even with another read-through. I'm just too close to the text at this point.

So thanks again!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Soulcatcher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »

Page 393: "Picture what a koloss might look like right in front of you, or an Inquisitor, or ab Obligator" should read "an Obligator."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: