Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 09:27:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Mistborn Sheets are Live
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mistborn Sheets are Live  (Read 9047 times)
ComicJam
Agent

Bullet Dodger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 03:35:39 AM »

This is completely baffling. I'm using Acrobat Reader 9.0.0 on my Macbook and I can edit with auto-calc and save with no problems.

Cheers! Cheesy

dbmeboy
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 01:41:32 PM »

This is completely baffling. I'm using Acrobat Reader 9.0.0 on my Macbook and I can edit with auto-calc and save with no problems.

Cheers! Cheesy

Maybe there's some difference between how the Windows versions and Mac versions of Acrobat Reader handle fillable form sheets?  Anyone else using a Mac?
Akerbos
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 02:26:14 PM »

No auto-calculation on Evince 2.32.0, but I can save (as a copy).
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »

We've also uploaded a new set of form-fillable and auto-calculating sheets for the Mistborn Adventure Game. You can find them here.

Please check 'em out on your reader of choice and let us know if they fill, calculate, and save correctly. Obviously we won't be able to solve every issue - there are simply too many OS/reader combinations out there - but we'd like to hit as many as possible, and certainly the majors.

Thanks!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Akerbos
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:01 AM »

Still no autocalculation on Evince 2.32. Not sure wether Evince even supports that feature; would not be surprised if it did not.
ComicJam
Agent

Bullet Dodger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »

Still no autocalculation on Evince 2.32. Not sure wether Evince even supports that feature; would not be surprised if it did not.

Probably not, unless Evince can read the fillable data that Acrobat puts in it's pdfs.

Cheers! Cheesy

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 04:38:45 AM »

Just a question, if it's not too much to ask: What fonts were used to make the sheets? I have some ideas for fan made materials I'd love to match the L&F of the sheets, but I haven't the foggiest what fonts would look even close.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
ComicJam
Agent

Bullet Dodger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »

Just a question, if it's not too much to ask: What fonts were used to make the sheets? I have some ideas for fan made materials I'd love to match the L&F of the sheets, but I haven't the foggiest what fonts would look even close.

Here's a nice little tip:

When you have any pdf document open, you can look at the Properties found in the File menu or by cmd-D in Acrobat (or ctrl-D if using Windows, I think), and see which fonts were used in that pdf.

Cheers! Cheesy

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »

Here's a nice little tip:

When you have any pdf document open, you can look at the Properties found in the File menu or by cmd-D in Acrobat (or ctrl-D if using Windows, I think), and see which fonts were used in that pdf.

Cheers! Cheesy

Thanks! Hmm... it appears that the primary culprit is a $50 font. I'll have to find a free "close enough" knockoff...

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »

Minor Nitpick: There Attributes, but only Standing and Resilience? Shouldn't they all be plural?

EDIT: Actually, this seems to be (mostly) consistent throughout the book. Should I move this over to the typo thread?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:21:29 PM by Agent 333 » Logged

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »

Minor Nitpick: There Attributes, but only Standing and Resilience? Shouldn't they all be plural?

EDIT: Actually, this seems to be (mostly) consistent throughout the book. Should I move this over to the typo thread?

I had intended to go through and plural-ize all of them but ran out of time.  Roll Eyes

It's on the list.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »

I had intended to go through and plural-ize all of them but ran out of time.  Roll Eyes

It's on the list.

It is supposed to be plural though? So the thing I'm working on should use plurals? Just want to make sure it wasn't intentional.

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »

It is supposed to be plural though? So the thing I'm working on should use plurals? Just want to make sure it wasn't intentional.

There at three Attributes, three Standings, and three Resiliences, so yes.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »

There at three Attributes, three Standings, and three Resiliences, so yes.

Ok, just double checking.

I'm finally far enough along on the project that I'm willing to reveal it's true nature. It's not ready for release yet, but I can give hints too can't I? I'm currently making templates for MSE to make index-card sized character sheets for the Mistborn game. They're able to fit a lot of the pertinent information, but size limitations (I really want it to fit on a 3x5 card) means that A) The fonts for traits, tragedy, and destiny are really tiny, and B) there's not enough room on the card for secrets, equipment, or any biographical info other than Name.
My current thought process is that the solution to both problems is make a "page 2", but I'm not sure that's the best solution.

Is there any interest in this? Pat, would you be willing to host the files when its done?

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »

Pat, would you be willing to host the files when its done?

We're always open to hosting interesting stuff for our games. Send what you've got along when it's ready and we'll see if it's something that fits in with our other offerings.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »