Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 02:46:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Ideas I've been sitting on
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideas I've been sitting on  (Read 176 times)
Kadrok
Operative

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »

Props
Mini-vials! These consist of small 1 charge vials at the cost of 1 prop-slot per 3; the three vials may contain different metals. Basically it's a way for Hemalurgists to better manage their metals, without having to mess around with partial Mistborn vials, or having several different Misting Vials. Ideal for, say, a Lurcher Misting with a Spike granting them Oracle abilities, who wants to have two charges of Iron for every one charge of Electrum, but only has one prop-slot free for vials.

Allomancy Stunts (Gold)
Insightful Actor - You've learned to apply your Gold Allomancy to the skill of acting by using your alternate self to inform your gait, stance, emotional expresion and other body language. While burning Gold you may add your Gold rating to Charm rolls that involve acting, performing or disguises consistent with the particular nature of the alternate self you currently see. This effect lasts as long as you continue to burn Gold. You may take this stunt a second time, allowing you to maintain the charm bonus for a number of beats equal to your Gold rating after you have stopped burning, reflecting your ability to stay in character even without the continued input of your alternate self.

Soul Catalogue (Trait) - You are far more efficient at calling up specific possible pasts with Allomantic Gold, and the difficulty of such rolls are reduced by one. Additionally, you gain the trait 'Soul Catalogue' reflecting the veritable mass of possible lives you've lived and perspectives you've seen.
(FEEL FREE TO RENAME THIS TO SOMETHING I DIDN'T JUST MAKE UP OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD. I'm in a hurry, maybe I'll think of something better later).

They need a bit of work, but basically this all came out of one of my characters realising he could use aGold to make himself a better actor by mimicking the look, gait and so forth of his Gold shadow.

Gunplay Stunts
Packin' heat - You gain two (or three? or four? what would be a good balance?) free Props which must be used for guns (or its customizations).

Basically, it's for those who are feeling constricted by the 10 prop limit, who don't want to take Smithing Stunts (or who already have and are still feeling constricted). Maybe I want to dual wield Autoloaders with 3 Customizations apiece (10 props) and still have room for my Twinborn's kit!

Herowannabe
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »

I like them all! Especially the gold stunts. Very clever of you.  Wink

re: the gunplay stunt: Two extra slots seems best to me, just for AP-balancing reasons. 6 AP will net you 1 point of resource, which includes 1 prop slot and 1 Health. 4 AP nets you two prop slots. It makes it so that neither one seems like an obviously better choice than the other.

lord Claincy Ffnord
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 01:11:12 AM »

Nice rules. I'm with Hero on the two prop thing for Packin' heat but I like the stunt.

I think I could very easily be persuaded to make these PoS house rules (excepting the gun stunt for now Wink ). Regarding Insightful actor, it could be that you can still get a benefit from the stunt if you have a current shadow that is *almost* what you are trying to act as (For example if you got a -1 outcome when trying to select a shadow perhaps?) but you only get half your gold rating added on?
Fenrirman
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »

Only you would think of a way to make a hemalurgist's life easier, Kadrok  Evil

Love the gold stunts, I'm hoping to play as an augur sometime on steelministry.com and would love if we could house-rule them in!
VeretaYomen
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 01:16:29 AM »

I love the mini-vials idea; sounds especially useful for slower burning metals like tin, so that you can avoid wasting charges.
Kadrok
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »

Here's another...

Props
Utility Belt (1 prop)
A secure and reinforced belt, with a variety of possible features. Objects contained in the Holster Belt may not be pulled or pushed away by Allomantic Iron or Steel; instead, attempts to pull or push items contained in the Holster will push or pull the belt wearer by the belt (much as someone in metal armour may be pulled or pushed upon by their armour). Upon acquiring this item, choose up to five of the following options, in any combination. Each option may be chosen multiple times, except the beltmind upgrade:

-Holster: secures one pistol, or pistol sized tool (Yes you could take five of the holster options and have toolbelt!)
-Ammunition Belt: may secure up to 10 rounds of any Custom or Hazekiller ammunition
-Vial Slot: may secure one Allomantic Vial
-Coin Pouch: may secure a coin pouch full of coins
-Beltmind: the inside of the belt is laced with a Feruchemical metal, allowing it to be used as a metalmind; stores 25 charges

Example: Gaining a resources over the long breather, Kadrok wants a belt to secure the equipment of Sate, his Lurcher/Sparker Gunslinging Gunsmith. With his character's penchant to dual-wield his custom Sterrions, Kadrok chooses two 'Holsters', one for each Sterrion. This leaves him with three more features to declare; he passes over the 'Coin Pouch', being a Lurcher, but takes the 'Beltmind' upgrade, making his belt double as a 25 charge Zinc metalmind. With two choices left, he takes a 'Vial Slot' (to hold his spare Iron Vial), and the 'Ammunition Belt' upgrade, giving him a place to securely hold the 10 rounds of Armour Piercing ammunition he gained from his 'Create Custom Ammo' stunt.

Aluminum-laced Utility belt (2 props)
As Utility Belt, but items secured within, and the belt itself, may no longer be detected, or pulled/pushed upon with Allomantic Iron or Steel.

Example 2: Gaining another resources over the long breather, Kadrok trades in Sate's belt for the Aluminum protected version. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Suck it, Lurchers and Coinshots, Sate's guns/vial/ammo/tiny-metalmind are protected!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:56:44 PM by Kadrok » Logged

Kurkistan_
Jr. Agent

Catquisitor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 10:25:02 AM »

I like the utility belt idea.
Fenrirman
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »

The utility belt is awesome! Especially the aluminum one, fits really nicely with the AoL setting. It's power level should be tested, though, perhaps Sate could get one for real...
Kurkistan_
Jr. Agent

Catquisitor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »

Hmm.

On reflection, 5 slots seems a bit much. Maybe 4, or even 3?
Kadrok
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »

Hmm.

On reflection, 5 slots seems a bit much. Maybe 4, or even 3?
Yeah, that's definitely something I want to balance right. Originally I had it at three slots, but some of the upgrades were better... it didn't quite feel right to me, so I put it up to 5, and nerfed some of the upgrades. I could do 4 or 3 though if you guys think that's more balanced.

If we do cut it back, certainly nothing is stopping someone from wearing multiple belts (though unless the character is massive, I would think any more than two would get awkward). It is worth remembering, though, that other than fluff, the belt is only a counter (soft for non-Aluminum, hard for Aluminum) to Pushing and Pulling in terms of rules, so I would think you'd get quite a lot of that considering you're trading a prop slot (which could have been filled by something more versatile) for it. That said, how versatile is the average prop?

What do you guys think of trimming it back to three slots? The more I think about it, the more I like it. Also, in case there is any confusion, Vials are sold separately, you don't get one free with the Vial slot (lol, that would be broken)

Kurkistan_
Jr. Agent

Catquisitor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »

If it makes you feel better about the belt's utility, I'd think it'd make the objects hard/impossible to steal/grapple/Nudge/Complicate away as well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: