Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 05:27:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Allomancer Jak
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Allomancer Jak  (Read 203 times)
Fedifensor
Recruit

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »

Is there any information on Allomancer Jak and his companions (Handerwym and Elizandra Dramali) beyond what can be found in the short story at the beginning of the Alloy of Law RPG?  I'm considering writing them up for a convention game, but could use more information to flesh out the characters.
Kurkistan_
Jr. Agent

Catquisitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:30 AM »

There's the Elendel Daily article from the novel, but I can't think of anything else.
http://inkthinker.deviantart.com/art/Alloy-of-Law-Elendel-Daily-Original-268216914
Fedifensor
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:01:56 PM »

There's the Elendel Daily article from the novel, but I can't think of anything else.
http://inkthinker.deviantart.com/art/Alloy-of-Law-Elendel-Daily-Original-268216914
That helps.  It appears Handerwym is a Duralumin Ferring, from the text.
Fedifensor
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:03:39 PM »

I'm still working on the backstory, but I think I have Elizandra almost done.  This is the starting character version - I plan to add some advancements to all the characters to give more options.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:11:10 PM by Fedifensor » Logged
Fedifensor
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »

Progress!  I decided on the number of advancements I wanted to give the characters.  They should be able to afford a few stunts, perhaps raise an attribute or two.  So, I looked at the short story in the front of the book, and saw that Jak is up to Episode Thirty.  30 advancements (one per episode) sounds like a good number, so I went with that.

EDIT: Jak, Zandra, and Handerwym are all finished.

"Allomancer Jak", Tineye Adventurer
(click to show/hide)

Elizandra "Zandra" Dramali, Koloss-blooded Damsel
(click to show/hide)

Handerwym, Terris Steward
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:46:26 AM by Fedifensor » Logged
Fedifensor
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »

Okay, I've done the core three, and I'm working up some other legendary characters of the Roughs to fill out a full team for a convention game.  Here's the quick sketch for each:
  • Agatha (compounding Zinc Twinborn) - She's basically a female version of Sherlock Holmes, using Lateral Link to make Sherlock-like conclusions (which she's good at even without using her powers).  She uses her Zinc Allomancy to make the suspects anxious while she narrates how the crime was done.
  • Agatha's faithful wolfhound, who of course is just a normal animal and could not possibly be a Kandra that Agatha discovered with her Lateral Link ability.  Just as an offhand thought, though...Fast Replication (x3) would allow a Kandra to do many interesting things when traveling with a person who routinely investigates murders.
  • Dalton - A bounty hunter whose family has kept the Hazekiller tradition alive since the Final Empire era.  His main gun is Lightning, a custom Immerling Multi-Shot Rifle with the Aluminum Frame, Long Range, and Magnum Force customizations.  He also has Sucker Punch, a custom Immerling 44 with the Magnum Force customization and Pewterarm ammo.  Out of necessity, he has learned to craft and maintain these weapons himself.
  • Dax "Steelbreaker" Haught (Duralumin Gnat) - Dax was a noble with dreams of being a hero, but his brother was the one making a name for himself as an accomplished Coinshot.  Dax and his brother were captured by a Hemalurgy cult, and his brother was killed by the lead cultist.  Allomancer Jak's crew busted in immediately afterwards.  To make a long story short, Dax got free, but in the process was impaled by the Pewter spike that killed his brother.  He tells everyone that he must have snapped and became a Steel Misting, but his dark secret is that his power is borrowed.  However, his formerly useless Duralumin Allomancy has made him a legendary Coinshot.  He gained his nickname for tearing apart an armored horseless carriage with a single Duralumin-enhanced Steelpush.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: