Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 09:37:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Duralumin Compounder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duralumin Compounder  (Read 412 times)
Outis
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 10:13:06 PM »

According to WoB (sadly I don't have a link to this), Duralumin-Boosting Feruchemical charges is not possible.

...the WoB would be tremendously helpful in this case.
I think the idea is that if you boost your Reputation "for a single action" -- it's a single SOCIAL action, which means that it may stay boosted for a minute, a few hours, or even for days, for the purpose of that action.

Also, there are times when you need to roll against Reputation, particularly defensively, so being able to tap Duralumin for that remains useful.

Hrm. There's an interesting idea, then. Are you suggesting that you think duralumin can be tapped for defensive actions, and that when it is, it can increase my reputation while my reputation is being attacked? This will, obviously, revert a moment later, so if you're reducing me to 0 I'll lose regardless, but it would potentially prevent me from ever gaining social burdens.
Kurkistan_
Jr. Agent

Catquisitor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »

According to WoB (sadly I don't have a link to this), Duralumin-Boosting Feruchemical charges is not possible.

...the WoB would be tremendously helpful in this case.

This is likely the one that he's referring to, though it doesn't necessarily mean what he says it means.

Source: (Paraphrase)
Soother:
~ Nicrobursts can only effect the allomantic abilities of twinborn (He followed up by saying THIS MAY CHANGE if he needs it to)

Kurkistan:
To clarify the Nicroburst comment, you mean that If Nick the Nicroburster tries to Nicro Frank the Ferring (or full Feruchemist, just no allomancy), it won't do anything as of now?

Soother:
It would seem so at present. The question I asked was more specific to twinborn with allomantic and feruchemical aptitudes in the same metal using both halves at the same time, but I would assume this would likely be the case too.
pkitty
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »

Hrm. There's an interesting idea, then. Are you suggesting that you think duralumin can be tapped for defensive actions, and that when it is, it can increase my reputation while my reputation is being attacked? This will, obviously, revert a moment later, so if you're reducing me to 0 I'll lose regardless, but it would potentially prevent me from ever gaining social burdens.

I am suggesting that, yes. Bear in mind that I'm no expert on the system, but it seems reasonable to me.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: