Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 03:07:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Mistborn Sheets are Live
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mistborn Sheets are Live  (Read 8668 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2011, 11:55:38 PM »

Hey everyone,

Just uploaded all the game's sheet's to the Mistborn section of our Downloads page. As you can see in the book there are five of them and we've provided form-fillables for each, plus separate Hero and Villain sheets that auto-calculate Resiliences.

Enjoy!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
dbmeboy
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »

I'm not having any luck getting the auto-calculate Hero sheet to work.  I'm using Acrobat Pro 9.4.7.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:46:03 PM »

I'm not having any luck getting the auto-calculate Hero sheet to work.  I'm using Acrobat Pro 9.4.7.

Please describe exactly what you're experiencing. Be as specific as possible. Thanks!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

dbmeboy
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:26:33 AM »

The short version: the auto-calc sheets work just like the regular form fillable sheets except that the Resilience scores are stuck at zero.
The long version: I can enter scores for Attributes and Standing normally (for example, let's say they're all '4').  The resilience scores remain at zero and neither autocalculate anything nor allow me to manually modify them.  I'm running Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro version 9.4.7.  OS is Windows 7 64-bit.  I haven't tried on my laptop (acrobat reader instead of pro and 32-bit) or in Linux yet, so I can't fully isolate where the problem is.  Perhaps I need to update to Acrobat X?
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:52:17 AM »

I just tried the auto-calc sheet and the Resiliences are adding up correctly for me, but I am using Foxit Reader, not Adobe Acrobat.  I'll try it again tomorrow at work where I have Adobe Reader installed.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 01:33:34 AM »

Hm. I'm using Acrobat X and the sheets work fine for me. Anyone else running an earlier version of Acrobat and running into this issue?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 06:26:37 AM »

The short version: the auto-calc sheets work just like the regular form fillable sheets except that the Resilience scores are stuck at zero.
The long version: I can enter scores for Attributes and Standing normally (for example, let's say they're all '4').  The resilience scores remain at zero and neither autocalculate anything nor allow me to manually modify them.  I'm running Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro version 9.4.7.  OS is Windows 7 64-bit.  I haven't tried on my laptop (acrobat reader instead of pro and 32-bit) or in Linux yet, so I can't fully isolate where the problem is.  Perhaps I need to update to Acrobat X?

Is this happening with all the auto-calculating sheets or just the character sheet?

Also, what luck did you have on your other machine(s)?

We tested it here on the exact same set-up you have (same software on Windows 7, though I'm not sure if it was 64- or 32-bit), and the sheet worked just fine.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

dbmeboy
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 07:35:24 AM »

I'll test it on other machines when I get back from work tonight (and also try Reader instead of Acrobat Pro, and upgrade Pro to X because I've been meaning to do that for a while).  It is happening with the auto-calculating sheets. *shrug*
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »

I'll test it on other machines when I get back from work tonight (and also try Reader instead of Acrobat Pro, and upgrade Pro to X because I've been meaning to do that for a while).  It is happening with the auto-calculating sheets. *shrug*

Strange. Well, definitely let us know what you find.

Thanks!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »

I tried the auto-calc using Adobe Reader at work and the summation is working fin on my system.  (Windows 7, Adobe Reader 9.4.5)

dbmeboy
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »

It works properly on Acrobat Reader 9 on my laptop, I'll see what it does on my desktop with Acrobat Reader instead of Acrobat Pro.  However, when I open it in Acrobat Reader 9 I get a message that I can only save a blank copy of the form and cannot save copies with anything filled in (which was not a problem before).
ComicJam
Agent

Bullet Dodger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »

It works properly on Acrobat Reader 9 on my laptop, I'll see what it does on my desktop with Acrobat Reader instead of Acrobat Pro.  However, when I open it in Acrobat Reader 9 I get a message that I can only save a blank copy of the form and cannot save copies with anything filled in (which was not a problem before).

May I ask if this is the same with all the sheets on both of your computers?
Also, which sheets are you trying to use?

Cheers! Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:00:03 PM by ComicJam » Logged

Aminar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »

Try CABAReT stage's free version, that's been working for me where standard won't.
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »

It works properly on Acrobat Reader 9 on my laptop, I'll see what it does on my desktop with Acrobat Reader instead of Acrobat Pro.  However, when I open it in Acrobat Reader 9 I get a message that I can only save a blank copy of the form and cannot save copies with anything filled in (which was not a problem before).

Cheers! Cheesy

I am seeing the inability to save forms using Acrobat Reader 9.4.5 for Windows 7 while using the sheets downloaded from the Downloads page and linked in the Original Post.

Just uploaded all the game's sheet's to the Mistborn section of our Downloads page. As you can see in the book there are five of them and we've provided form-fillables for each, plus separate Hero and Villain sheets that auto-calculate Resiliences.

dbmeboy
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »

Cheers! Cheesy

So far I've only tried opening the auto-calc heroes sheet.  I am unable to save (but the auto-calc works correctly) using Acrobat Reader X on my desktop (Windows 7 64-bit) and Acrobat Reader 9.4.7 on my laptop (Windows 7 32-bit).  I am able to save, but no auto-calc using Acrobat Pro 9.4.7 on my desktop.

I just finished installing the update to Acrobat Pro X on my desktop (free student software is great).  In it, I can both save and use the autocalc.  I'm not sure what the problem is with Acrobat Pro 9, but it seems to be the weak link.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: