Author Topic: Mistborn Adventure Game Releases: Journey to the Final Empire  (Read 4390 times)

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
Re: Mistborn Adventure Game Releases: Journey to the Final Empire
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 05:54:10 AM »
So what are the chances of a POD Dust jacket so non-US fans can enjoy the same synergy?

Virtually nil, we're afraid. The cost would vastly outweigh the small synergy we'd enjoy, and in the end it would actually hurt the overall brand.

Variant covers like that only really work when a) you're selling a regional(ized) product - which we're not, and b) your sales are sufficiently high enough that economy of scale kicks in and makes it a largely artistic choice - which absolutely isn't be the case for our product.
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.

Doublebond

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 06:06:47 AM »
[DELICIOUS ARTWORK]

Well crap, now I have to go look up how costly importing from the UK is.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:37:53 PM by Doublebond »

Sletchman

• Control
  • Gentleman Scholar.
    • View Profile
    • The SletchWeb
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 07:46:48 AM »
How will updates to the pdf be handled?

We'll either update directly through ejunkie, as we did for the pre-orders last evening, or through another direct method. We'll keep you posted as we update the product.

Notices will be sent via direct email BTW, so be sure you whitelist ejunkie.com and crafty-games.com email addresses.

Just a question on e-junkie - I noticed that the links I received have a 7 day (168 hours) timer on them.  What happens if my computer explodes (or something less dramatic, but equally fatal) outside of the 7 day release window?  Is there a facility like DriveThruRPG has, where I can see a list of my purchases and redownload the PDFs I previously bought down the line?

I went to their website, and all I can find is a sellers log in, nothing for the customer to replace goods in the event of the unforseen.

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 10:59:03 AM »
Well crap, now I have to go look up how costly importing from the UK is.

Zero international shipping at Book Depository (.co.uk).

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 01:33:07 PM »
So what are the chances of a POD Dust jacket so non-US fans can enjoy the same synergy?

Virtually nil, we're afraid. The cost would vastly outweigh the small synergy we'd enjoy, and in the end it would actually hurt the overall brand.

Variant covers like that only really work when a) you're selling a regional(ized) product - which we're not, and b) your sales are sufficiently high enough that economy of scale kicks in and makes it a largely artistic choice - which absolutely isn't be the case for our product.

How much, in your best estimate, would it cost to have an alternate cover made? I can understand that not having it available as POD is too expensive, but having just the high-quality image file available for download so that the customer can print it himself, or if he's a stickler for quality go to their nearest printer and have it printed there. I don't know much about this business, but I imagine simply asking for an estimate of how much it would cost to make a new cover dust jacket and if it is within the realm of possibility put it up as some sort of kickstarter initiative.
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

ComicJam

• Agent
  • Bullet Dodger
    • View Profile
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 01:39:01 PM »
I've been contemplating making a 'fan-cover' for myself so that the books match my UK covers, but it's the art that's the problem...

Cheers! :D

EDIT: I've done a first draft (minus the pencil drawing/art), now I just need to wait until the hardcover comes out, so I can do some measuring! :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:06:28 PM by ComicJam »

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »
Just a question on e-junkie - I noticed that the links I received have a 7 day (168 hours) timer on them.  What happens if my computer explodes (or something less dramatic, but equally fatal) outside of the 7 day release window?  Is there a facility like DriveThruRPG has, where I can see a list of my purchases and redownload the PDFs I previously bought down the line?

I went to their website, and all I can find is a sellers log in, nothing for the customer to replace goods in the event of the unforseen.

I can re-up links as needed. Should anyone run into this issue, drop me a line and I'll get you sorted.
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
How much, in your best estimate, would it cost to have an alternate cover made? I can understand that not having it available as POD is too expensive, but having just the high-quality image file available for download so that the customer can print it himself, or if he's a stickler for quality go to their nearest printer and have it printed there. I don't know much about this business, but I imagine simply asking for an estimate of how much it would cost to make a new cover dust jacket and if it is within the realm of possibility put it up as some sort of kickstarter initiative.

Again, branding. For a product at our scale, alternate covers pose a serious promotional dilution issue. We just can't go there.
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

ComicJam

• Agent
  • Bullet Dodger
    • View Profile
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 02:12:21 AM »

Again, branding. For a product at our scale, alternate covers pose a serious promotional dilution issue. We just can't go there.

Agreed.
(I thought as much)

Cheers! :D

NiallNai

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
I had a question about the hard copy: what are the dimensions? I'm guessing that since the PDF is in a single column format that it might be the size of a hardcover novel. Is this correct?

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 09:52:31 PM »
I had a question about the hard copy: what are the dimensions? I'm guessing that since the PDF is in a single column format that it might be the size of a hardcover novel. Is this correct?

Yes.

NiallNai

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »

Yes.

Thanks. Cool. For some reason I like game books in unusual sizes.

ZetaStriker

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 04:43:44 PM »
Random thought that didn't really deserve a topic - anyone else find the idea of a Cadmium Savant hilarious? I can't help but picture Marty McFly in the second Back to the Future film.