Author Topic: ...and then I took an Arrow to the Knee. [FC Level 0 PCs /Random Quick NPCs]  (Read 3988 times)

Gentry

• Control
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
How do you handle saving throws, attack bonus, defense, init, all those derived values? Or do you just use the stat modifier and go?
I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil

LordKruelos

• Control
    • View Profile
How do you handle saving throws, attack bonus, defense, init, all those derived values? Or do you just use the stat modifier and go?

-- Exactly. You base class-based modifier is treated as 0 for all those derived values.
-- Give a PC "Level 0" 3d4 starting Action Dice, Action Dice are the real stars of the game.
-- Don't worry about proficiencies or assume proficiency in whatever weapon gets rolled

If you're Level 0-ing a character you're getting roughly half of the character creation done in 5 minutes, and after the session ends, it's easy to finish leveling to 1 if the person is interested in the game, rather than scaring them off by the heavy front-loading of normal creation.

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
Spoiler: And here is where they all met: • show
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
LOL

Living Spycraft Masterm

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
Very neat!