Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 10:49:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  BFG3k's, Redeemers and things that go BOOM!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BFG3k's, Redeemers and things that go BOOM!  (Read 4053 times)
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2007, 03:48:33 PM »

So, spurred on by a comment by Pat, I've decided to restart the old BFG3000 thread, where we post weapons we'd like to see statted, Spycraft style Smiley.

Although we got quite a list going last time, I doubt anybody saved the thread, so we'll just have to start from the beginning again, but that's okay, since many of these weapons are pure awesome Smiley.

A couple of things to keep in mind before you start posting your favourite weapons: Explain clearly what kind of weapon it is, how it works, what it does, and where you've gotten it from. This is essential information the Crafty guys need to make stats outta the weapons. If you have images, or a link to a video showing it in action, or a link to a site with information, like Wikipedia, then that's even better.

Also, I know there are a lot of gunbunnies on these forums, so please stick to videogames, movies or books, unless it's a unique/special/fairly odd weapon rarely seen in real life.

And now, to kick off things... the Davy Crockett, a portable tactical nuclear recoilless rifle that fires W54 nuclear warheads, the smallest warheads developed by the US with a yield of 10 to 20 tons.

By portable, I mean lugged around by a three-man firing team, and fired from a tripod or a truck/APC. Still, I could totally see a Grunt lugging one around for when he wants some extra bang Grin. And yes, this was an actual weapon developed in the mid-fifties, and deployed by US troops from 61 to 71, with a total of 2,100 made.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 05:23:10 PM »

Also from Fallout, the Red Rider BB Gun! Definitely needs a chance to blind the enemy...
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 05:03:49 PM »

Weapon:Liquid Nitrogen Grenade (from Ice Station by Matthew Reilly).

Does: Sprays liquid nitrogen around after detonation, has a 5 second delay (anti-tampreing, so no return to sender  Wink ).
Kills by: Causes cryogenic burns or asphyxiation in closed spaces. In the book SAS troopers died in around 30 second after receiving liquid nitrogen into their faces causing blood vessels to burst and ultimately their brains froze (messy and extremely painful way to die).

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Scarecrow
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 04:29:36 AM »

i dont think the liquid nitrogen grenade would actually work.  To freeze someone with liquid nitrogen you really have to direct a spray at them for quite a prolonged period of time.  I have worked with an NMR Machine that requires liquid nitrogen for cooling, and you can just pour it straight on the floor, ands its lucky to be seconds before its evaporated and at room temperature.... as for asphyxiation, not really sure on that either, being that we breathe like 60% Nitrogen or something like that in any case... CO and CO2 would be another matter indeed, but i would doubt nitrogen would actually work.
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 04:48:16 AM »

You're probably right, I have no experience in working with liquid nitrogen.
But still, it's a nasty concept.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 05:05:24 AM »

Can't remember if these came up last time but:
SickSticks from Minority Report - hit you and it makes you throw up - hard to resist arrest when you're vomiting
Lawgiver from Judge Dredd wikipedia
For a laugh the Spud Gun from Judge Dredd (weapon of Irish Terrorists who can't afford ammo, fires potatoes, as either Roastie, Chips or Smash...
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »

In a moment of blind zaniness, Alex just posted this link to the Design List. Now, I'm not down with the Fifth Element as anything short of titanically limp ("The fifth element is looooooooove!"), but the article reminds me of yet another insane gun for the pile...

The ZF-1: "It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying, good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick, discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Titanium recharger, three thousand round clip with bursts of three to three hundred, and with the Replay button - another Zorg invention - it's even easier. One shot, and Replay sends every following shot to the same location. And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies-but-goldies: rocket launcher, arrow launcher with poisonous gas heads (very practical), Zorg’s famous net launcher, the always efficient flamethrower (Zorg’s favorite), and for the grand finale, the all-new ice cube system."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 02:27:27 PM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 06:16:58 AM »

The big revolvers from Hellsing (and the somewhat huge sniper rifle from the same).
An upgrade for "holy bullets/shells/etc" from many many things.
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 07:46:24 AM »

Sniper rifle? You mean the one Seras Victoria uses? Wasn't that actually an anti-tank gun or somesuch? I gotta dig up my dvd's and check, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a big sniper rifle.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MDL
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 08:20:12 AM »

Definitely an anti-tank gun.  With a really bad quasi-pun of a name.  Original name is roughly the HAL cannon, which parsed through the Japanese lack of L/R distinction morphs into Harkonnen.

Then again, considering the one of the aforementioned pistols(the Jackal(the other is the Casull)) is represented in the authors notes section of the comic by an oddly drawn Bruce Willis 'spirit,' it's pretty much par for the course.  Grin
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »

Yeah, that sort of thing, it's been a while since I saw it and it's not the sort of thing I feel comfortable looking up at work.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »

The big revolvers from Hellsing (and the somewhat huge sniper rifle from the same).
An upgrade for "holy bullets/shells/etc" from many many things.

One of the more entertaining weapons being introduced in Farthest Star is the "cannister Rifle". Their ammo is a highly programable slug that does all sorts of stuff on demand. Its close to being a 'plot device with range increments'...  Grin

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
MDL
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »

One of the more entertaining weapons being introduced in Farthest Star is the "cannister Rifle". Their ammo is a highly programable slug that does all sorts of stuff on demand. Its close to being a 'plot device with range increments'...  Grin

Highly programable, plot device with range increments...

Hmmmm.  Reminds me of an old favorite from X-Com.  The Blaster Launcher.

Launch a programmable rocket that can follows a preprogrammed route, and can manage anything from perfect 90 degree corners to even full 180's.  Toss in a fairly high damage, and blast increment...  A weapon that would be fightening in player or game control hands.
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 07:28:28 AM »

When I was in survival mode in X-Com, I used to just blast each ship with those and then go see what I could scrounge afterwards.  Not so good when you need the alien tech though - doesn't leave much salvage.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 03:25:38 PM »

both allucards pistols are automatics, one of them a 454 calsull, the jackall a 13mm.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: