Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 01:38:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  "A House of Ashes," Available Now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "A House of Ashes," Available Now  (Read 2232 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2011, 02:58:45 AM »

Witness the rise and fall of House Bylerum

Based on the best-selling novels by Brandon Sanderson, A House of Ashes is a companion piece to the upcoming Mistborn Adventure Game. Originally commissioned as part of an extensive portfolio of fiction, and a gateway for novel readers and roleplayers alike, this 150-page digital release presents new characters, places, and twists on the Final Empire you think you know. We don't have room for it in the full print version of the game, so we're offering it here, seperately, for your reading enjoyment.

Important Note: For contractual reasons anyone downloading this must be logged in, whether you're grabbing your copy from the Crafty Games site or our partners at DriveThruRPG. Thanks for your cooperation.

A House of Ashes is best enjoyed in its original context, as a companion to and enhancement of your enjoyment to the Mistborn Adventure Game. We're making it available here for a limited time only, from Tuesday November 22 until Monday, November 28. After that it will disappear as a separate download, but it'll return as part of the Mistborn Adventure Game digital edition, available December 15.

This special companion to the Mistborn Adventure Game contains...

• 15 new stories set in the Mistborn universe by some of the hottest talent in gaming
  • New insights into the dark and dangerous Final Empire
  • New characters you'll see again in the Mistborn Adventure Game (and beyond)
  • PDF and ePub format files (a first for Crafty Games)

We'll be releasing more about the Mistborn Adventure Game in the coming weeks. Be sure to watch the Crafty Games website, Like us on Facebook, and Follow us on Twitter for more previews leading up to the December 15 release of the Mistborn Adventure Game.

Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter
for special behind-the-scenes content, contests, prizes, and more!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:22:06 AM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Kalthandrix
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »

Very cool. Thanks!

One note that I have is this. When viewing in just PDF format on the computer, it would be nice to have the page orientation or layout not be the two pages side-by-side. The reason it that if you do not have a wide screen, trying to make the page big enough to read comfortably also means that there is a lot more moving the page around with the slider at the bottom of the page. I am currently viewing it on a 15 inch laptop monitor and at 100% page magnification, a third of one page is out of the picture, so to speak.

Thanks again!
Skywalker
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »

Thanks guys. Will read this as soon as I have finished Hero of Ages Smiley
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »

Very cool. Thanks!

One note that I have is this. When viewing in just PDF format on the computer, it would be nice to have the page orientation or layout not be the two pages side-by-side. The reason it that if you do not have a wide screen, trying to make the page big enough to read comfortably also means that there is a lot more moving the page around with the slider at the bottom of the page. I am currently viewing it on a 15 inch laptop monitor and at 100% page magnification, a third of one page is out of the picture, so to speak.

Thanks again!

You can change this on your end as well - if using Acrobat Reader, just go to View > Page Display > Single Page View. Viola! Smiley

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 05:01:10 PM »

Very cool. Thanks!

Thanks again!

You can change this on your end as well - if using Acrobat Reader, just go to View > Page Display > Single Page View. Viola! Smiley

We do this because spreads are frequently best viewed together, and because our research shows that most folks prefer it as a default view.

We appreciate the feedback though! Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Kalthandrix
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »

Ahhh...I did not know that I could change the view. Thanks.
Soulcatcher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »

In a "A House of Ashes," references are made to Gold and Atium Mistings.  However, wasn't knowledge of the existence Mistings that burned metals other than the core eight kept extremely secret by the Lord Ruler.  Is this a retcon, or am I missing/forgetting something?
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 05:52:37 AM »

In a "A House of Ashes," references are made to Gold and Atium Mistings.  However, wasn't knowledge of the existence Mistings that burned metals other than the core eight kept extremely secret by the Lord Ruler.  Is this a retcon, or am I missing/forgetting something?

Gold and Atium are the the 9th and 10th commonly known Allomantic metals at the time of the Final Empire. You're right that in the novels, Gold and Atium Mistings were indeed rare during the time of the Lord Ruler, mainly due to perception of value in the case of the former and the cost of experimentation in the case of the latter Smiley. However, they weren't entirely unknown, particularly after his fall. So, no retcon intended - obviously Brandon's canon comes first!

Haven
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »

Something I noticed as I was reading last night. In the story "The Journey of the Keeper of the Dominances" (around page 130 I think) Fisal notes that when filling a Tinmind it dulls all your senses not just one.

This is a difference from how the Feruchemy is depicted in the books. I'm just wondering if it shows a simplification of the rules for the game, so that the feruchemist player isn't having to track all four senses that fill four seperate tinminds, or just a slip by the author?
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »

Something I noticed as I was reading last night. In the story "The Journey of the Keeper of the Dominances" (around page 130 I think) Fisal notes that when filling a Tinmind it dulls all your senses not just one.

This is a difference from how the Feruchemy is depicted in the books. I'm just wondering if it shows a simplification of the rules for the game, so that the feruchemist player isn't having to track all four senses that fill four seperate tinminds, or just a slip by the author?

Probably a slip (or more likely, simplification of the description) by the author, since I can't directly recall how many Tinminds Fisal is filling. Tinminds work in the game just like they do in the novels Smiley

Haven
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »

Fantastic news. Though this does tear me between Allomancy and Feruchemy. I was all about Allomancy until I read the second book and the thing Sazed did with his metalminds, it just such an interesting take on magic and the nature of "sacrifice" for later power.
Zhagas
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 02:03:17 AM »

Argh!  Just found out about this and it looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. Cry

I see that it will be available with the digital edition of the game, but I was hoping to nab the hard cover when it's available.  Will that also grant me access to A House of Ashes?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 06:39:09 AM »

I see that it will be available with the digital edition of the game, but I was hoping to nab the hard cover when it's available.  Will that also grant me access to A House of Ashes?

Three editions will be available on release day - deluxe hardcover, softcover, and digital. You can buy each individually, but there will (rather affordable) bundles as well.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Zhagas
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »

Three editions will be available on release day - deluxe hardcover, softcover, and digital. You can buy each individually, but there will (rather affordable) bundles as well.

I'm a bit confused now.  Are you saying there will be hardcover and softcover versions of A House of Ashes available on the day that the Mistborn Adventure Game releases or are you referring to the three versions of the Mistborn Adventure Game?

From the text above I gathered that the  Mistborn Adventure Game digital edition would come with a digital copy of A House of Ashes.  Will the hardcover edition of the Mistborn Adventure Game come with either a printed copy of A House of Ashes or access to download the digital copy?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »

I'm a bit confused now.  Are you saying there will be hardcover and softcover versions of A House of Ashes available on the day that the Mistborn Adventure Game releases or are you referring to the three versions of the Mistborn Adventure Game?

From the text above I gathered that the  Mistborn Adventure Game digital edition would come with a digital copy of A House of Ashes.  Will the hardcover edition of the Mistborn Adventure Game come with either a printed copy of A House of Ashes or access to download the digital copy?

Sorry for the confusion. I was answering a question about the Mistborn Adventure Game that happened to be in the A House of Ashes thread. Here's a full list of what you can expect on release day...

Mistborn Adventure Game Deluxe Hardcover Edition
---> Also available in a bundle with the Mistborn Adventure Game Digital Edition

Mistborn Adventure Game Softcover Retail Edition
---> Also available in a bundle with the Mistborn Adventure Game Digital Edition

Mistborn Adventure Game Digital Edition
---> Automatically includes A House of Ashes

Make sense?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO