Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 12:11:40 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  The Alloy of Law - SPOILERS!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Alloy of Law - SPOILERS!!!  (Read 728 times)
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 04:50:12 AM »

Well, I just finished the book, it was short but awesome. As I said in the trope title, spoilers ahead. You've been warned.

Not a huge fan of the ending, but I can see why he ended it where he did.

The book was VERY cinematic, even more than the original trilogy, and I saw more movie tropes than typical fantasy novel tropes. I could SEE Wax and Miles' fight on the train in my head as it was happening. The way they ended it just served to make it less of a movie, more of a TV Series Pilot in my mind. Seriously, at the end we're left with a massive conspiracy, Wax getting official police jurisdiction in Elendel, and a surprise appearance from Marsh. What more do you want?

Also, I've started a TVTropes page for it. Please help with my editing. I wrote down the tropes as they came to me, it needs alphabetization and more added. Thanks for the help!

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »

I hear you on the movie like feel to the book. I'm pretty sure that anime features pretty heavily into Sanderson's influences in this book and the Mistborn series in general. As for the ending. he closed out the main plot and obviously left us wanting more...but I'm not madat it.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun džoladh.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »

Well, he probably has a deal for the three, Mistborn may have just had an option for two and three at the start.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Soulcatcher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 11:23:46 PM »

While I wholeheartedly agree with the 333's praise, there was one thing that bugs me.  Given that the only evidence that Wax had to realized that Marasi was Harm's bastard daughter rather than his niece (even the genealogy records were faked) was the fact that the Vanishers, why did he not wonder how they found out?  Someone who knew the secret had to have been in on the conspiracy and betrayed her, but Wax doesn't even think to ask who knew.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: