Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 11:47:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Spycraft Third Edition and Gear Acquisition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spycraft Third Edition and Gear Acquisition  (Read 1570 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »

There are still classes though they're not structured the same as before, nor do they interact with the rest of the system in the same ways (some of classes will be familiar; the rest is new).

I'm an advocate of divorcing gear from classes as well, and while I cannot yet confirm that they're one hundred percent extricated from one another, I'm happy to say that it's on my agenda for the finished product. We'll see how the rest of development goes.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
snake
Handler

Its all in the reflexes !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »

There are still classes though they're not structured the same as before, nor do they interact with the rest of the system in the same ways (some of classes will be familiar; the rest is new).

I'm an advocate of divorcing gear from classes as well, and while I cannot yet confirm that they're one hundred percent extricated from one another, I'm happy to say that it's on my agenda for the finished product. We'll see how the rest of development goes.

Pat, as a die-hard Old School Top Secret RPG fan, could I ask you to at least consider including Assassin, Burglar and Investigator type agent classes (or equivalent) please ?  Smiley

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sister and my brother
Lo, there do I see the line of my people Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla Where the brave may live forever !!!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »

Pat, as a die-hard Old School Top Secret RPG fan, could I ask you to at least consider including Assassin, Burglar and Investigator type agent classes (or equivalent) please ?  Smiley

Class mapping has been the focus of many conversations of late, and I'm happy to report that classes are better conceived for this game than anything we've ever released. I imagine we'll go into greater detail in some kind of designer diary down the road, but for now allow me to say simply that every class for Spycraft Third will not just speak to an archetype you may want to play, but will speak directly and intimately to a major mode of play.

That statement will make more sense when you see how Spycraft Third is structured. There's a methodology at work here that helps everyone, players and GMs alike, and goes beyond merely streamlining the game to make it easier to teach, write and design for, and run as well.

And yes, you'll be able to play assassins, burglars, and investigators. In fact, those are all tied directly to said modes of play. (In fact, they're examples of three of them.)

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
snake
Handler

Its all in the reflexes !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »

Excellent. Thanks.  Smiley

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sister and my brother
Lo, there do I see the line of my people Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla Where the brave may live forever !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: