Author Topic: The Mistborn Adventure Game Releases December 15  (Read 9617 times)

Kalthandrix

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: The Mistborn Adventure Game Releases December 15
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »
Thanks. I was not trying to come off all complaining, and I really appreciate your answer.

I do know a bit of how the gaming industry works, and I am actually the assistant controller for a small construction firm, so I do under stand the challenges facing a company when they take on new work and the upfront costs associated with it and the lapse between the lay out of our cash and receiving payment.

I do appreciate the situation, and I was in a bit of a funk earlier when I posted up my question--I am writing a novel this month and am having a small issue with a member of my writing group that has me all out of sorts.

Thanks again and I appreciate the update!

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
Thanks. I was not trying to come off all complaining, and I really appreciate your answer.

I do know a bit of how the gaming industry works, and I am actually the assistant controller for a small construction firm, so I do under stand the challenges facing a company when they take on new work and the upfront costs associated with it and the lapse between the lay out of our cash and receiving payment.

I do appreciate the situation, and I was in a bit of a funk earlier when I posted up my question--I am writing a novel this month and am having a small issue with a member of my writing group that has me all out of sorts.

Thanks again and I appreciate the update!

No worries. Your concern wasn't taken as a complaint, and even if it were you'd be justified. We've delayed three times. That's crazy, and we're very sorry. Seriously.

I just wanted to explain the whys so that maybe folks would understand how we allowed ourselves to wind up making those optimistic (and in retrospect, unfortunate) announcements - and hopefully to assure folks that we're pulling ahead of the game (so to speak).

Good luck with the novel! We hope you like our little contribution to the literary effort, which is going up later tonight.

Take care,
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »
Simultaneously, we were having issues with the narrative world tour portion of the book - in that it was looking less and less like a true companion for the game we actually had, rather than the one that was originally conceived -

As a matter of interest, any chance you are prepared to expand on that comment? What changed about the game that made the House of Ashes seem less of a companion to it?

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »
Simultaneously, we were having issues with the narrative world tour portion of the book - in that it was looking less and less like a true companion for the game we actually had, rather than the one that was originally conceived -

As a matter of interest, any chance you are prepared to expand on that comment? What changed about the game that made the House of Ashes seem less of a companion to it?

It's actually two issues simultaneously, which I was broadly covering with that single statement. First, the fiction was originally commissioned as a bit more of a world guide and a bit less of a novella, but the storyline developed for it sort of took over the process (you'll see more of this in the full game release, as the examples continue the story past the end of this release). Second, however, was the fact that the game sections were originally expected to be a lot more streamlined than they worked out to be. There's a metric ton of in- and out-of-world guidance and examples throughout the rules, which made the fiction less important.
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »
Thanks.

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:23 AM »
Just finished Hero of Ages. Wow.  :o

Now I just need to wait for the RPG  :-\ ;) ;D

Dengarm

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 02:57:31 AM »
I'm glad someone asked.  This kind of thing is par for the course for FC though.  My friends and I joke that by the time Farthest Star comes out, it will be modern setting.  I'm not all that interested in the setting, so I'm not all that interested in the game, except to see what you guys will do making your own system.  So, I'm waiting, just not quite as excitedly as I am for Spellbound.

Crafty_Alex

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 03:20:10 AM »
I'm glad someone asked.  This kind of thing is par for the course for FC though.  My friends and I joke that by the time Farthest Star comes out, it will be modern setting.  I'm not all that interested in the setting, so I'm not all that interested in the game, except to see what you guys will do making your own system.  So, I'm waiting, just not quite as excitedly as I am for Spellbound.

Point of order: Farthest Star went to Scott Gearin on his departure from the company, so at least we're not keeping you on pins and needles in that realm :)
"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
So, are we still on for 15th December?

I see that Legends of Wulin starts taking preorders on the same day! :D

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »

All systems go!

The Final Empire Awaits...
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
All systems go!

Booyah! :D

Kalthandrix

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 08:04:30 AM »

All systems go!

Awesomeness abounds!

When might we expect them to land on our doors? While I am hoping you say I will have the live version in my little hands on Thursday, I...well, I am just hoping to have it on Thursday.

Skywalker

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
I am pretty sure the PDF will be immediate. The physical copy needs to go to print so that is likely to be early next year (February?)

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
I am pretty sure the PDF will be immediate. The physical copy needs to go to print so that is likely to be early next year (February?)

That's about right. We'll know more once the printers get back to us with their current projections (work loads and other factors vary).

As we've mentioned before, we're intentionally holding the files back from the printer for a couple weeks after the digital release, so that we can fold in your feedback. There's always feedback, and this will let us make sure you get the very cleanest product possible. :)
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

aegis

• Control
  • A little dab'll do ya.
    • View Profile
    • le Scriptorium
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
This is an excellent idea. So much feedback can be gathered in just two weeks after the release! And on a more personal note, now that I'm done with deadlines and defenses for 2012, I finally have time to read the books from beginning to end. Can't wait!