Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 12:29:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: Reap the Whirlwind (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: Reap the Whirlwind (In Character)  (Read 7235 times)
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »

Letting out a quiet sigh, Marcus leans back, "I know I would rather be dead than beholden to the Enclave, but I don't speak for the people of Ny City, and I'm not one of the parents who will be risking their children's lives if we enter into open warfare against them here in the city."  Marcus lowers his gaze to the floor, shaking his head, adding, "It definitely isn't best for me."  Then looking up at the others gathered in the room, his eyes glistening, "But it may be the best for Ny City."

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »

Jim smiles at Hondo's comments with a look on his face that clearly says 'gotcha'. "The Brotherhood would come to defend the Vault itself, not just the information within it. The primary goal of the Brotherhood is the preservation of pre-war tech. This whole Vault is pre-war tech. The only way they'd leave is if the Vault was destroyed, and we would fight to the death to protect it. Once the Brotherhood arrives, we'll set about fortifying and entrenching the whole area; nothing short of a nuclear strike will move us." He pauses and looks around the room at the assembled faces. "I'd sooner throw myself onto the Enclave's guns than see them defile this place." It's only now that you finally see it; it's as if you understand Jim and his fellows for the first time since you've met them. Technology is his religion. His tool belt is his crucifix, and the Vault is his church.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:14 AM »

"Still, if we go to war, many people here will die."  Looking towards the mayor, Marcus continues, "Are the people of Ny City willing to face the risks of standing up to the Enclave?"

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2012, 06:37:27 AM »

Leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms over her armored chest, Alice looked at Marcus and the mayor with a malicious smirk.  "Are the people of Ny City willing to face the risks of being under the thumb of the Enclave?"

She let the question hang in the air for a moment.  "Either way people will die.  Better to die in battle or in 'experiments' that would made a mirelurk puke?"

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »

Hondo scratches absently at his neck. "Jim's sold me. I say we get with the Brotherhood and fuck the Enclave. Some time down the road, if the Enclave starts making noise again, then joining or not can get talked about again. Gettin' with the Brotherhood now buys Empire the time to think about what to do next."

"Speaking of which, Empire should send some guys out to the other factions in the city. The Rangers or the PD, and whoever else is trying to live as a group, ought to get visited and offered a chance to come in. I wish we could contact those fucks stuck in Liberty..."

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2012, 04:45:15 AM »

The mayor sighs deeply, slouching back in his chair. He closes his eyes, obviously deep in thought for a few moments. Finally, he opens his eyes and says "Work up a list of supplies; I assume i'm right in thinking that it's a long walk to West Point." Jim smiles firmly. "I'll transfer our maps to their pip-boys." The mayor nods his approval. "Sheriff? See to their requests please. I want them underway before nightfall."

(click to show/hide)

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2012, 02:07:03 PM »

Alice looked around to her friends. "What do we need besides water and food?"

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »

Marcus adds, "I am doing all right on medical supplies.  If we have any water purification tablet available we can do with carrying less water and travel a little lights.  We are crossing a marsh, so water should be easy to find, I just don't want to drink it straight.  Also, we may some use for Rad-X in case we run into any hidden pockets of radiation."

Gentry