Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2014, 04:34:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: Reap the Whirlwind (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: Reap the Whirlwind (In Character)  (Read 7735 times)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

"K. I'll go see if I can find out where the bombs are at. I'll hit you on Pip-Boy when I find out."

Hondo re-enters the cell, and re-checks the cuffs and restraints before settling himself back in his chair.

"Where the bombs at?"

(click to show/hide)

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »

The first place you hit is the armory. Located 1 floor below street level in the Empire State Building's basement, its still way closer to ground level than the Vault entrance. After a thorough search, you find... nothing. Not a god-damn thing. Unsure whether to be relived or even more worried, you move on to the front doors.

After a good 5 minutes of poking around, with a yelp, Marcus falls flat on his face. He appears to have tripped over fresh air; that, or his own feet. He pokes the fresh air with the tip of his right boot, and it makes a sound more like a something than a nothing. He picks it up, fumbles with what feels like a wire, and with a shimmer, a canvass bag containing a satchel charge appears in his hands. Sticking out of one end is a small aerial for a radio-detonator, and attached to the other end is a (now broken) stealth boy. A stealth boy. The bombs have stealth boys attached to them...

Back in the cell, the Enclave prisoner is not just annoyed by Hondo's question; he seems visibly pissed-off.
"I told you where the damned things are, you big mother-fucker! Go look, you dumb shit!"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:13:49 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 02:27:27 AM »

Opening up his Pip-Boy radio, Marcus contacts his companions.  "Crap, these things are cloaked in Stealth Boys.  Looks like it has a remote radio detonator.  I have the one at the entrance, but I missed the one in the armory.  Alice, you know of any way to pierce through a Stealth Boy's cloaking effect without triggering the radio receiver?  And now that I found the thing, God, I hope someone knows how to disarm it?"

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »

Alice thought for a moment. "Water.  Spray some water around and you'll be able to see where they are.  A fire extinguisher would work too, something to physically touch them."  She started off towards the armory, looking for a bucket and spigot as she thought about the bombs.  "How about we don't disarm them, and I drop them off along some of the better approach routes and let them blow themselves up?"

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2012, 02:52:05 PM »

(click to show/hide)

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »

Alice went looking for Elsie, to see if she could rustle up some support from the Brotherhood, maybe imply there would be some access to the vault's computers if they were successful in repelling the Enclave, before she got a bucket full of water went down to the armory to look for the bomb down there.

(click to show/hide)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »

Marcus stares at the explosives before him for a moment, sighs, picks it up and carries it with him.  Lugging around explosives that could be detonated at any time is not his usual idea of a good time, but he sure can't leave it here and he might just set it off trying to disarm it.  With it tucked under one arm, Marcus quickly ascended to the Observation Deck to continue his search.

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »

Hondo shakes his head sadly at the prisoner's outburst. "Was it not stayin' polite? Was I not givin' you respect? Was I not treatin' you like--fuck it."

Hondo gives the commando a hard shot in the side--tire iron to the kidney.

"There, now you feel like a man? Feel like you actually been captured now? You ready to listen to somethin', or are you just gonna keep callin' names in between squealin' like a rat bitch while I break every fuckin' bone in your half-dick weak-ass limp-wrist motherfuckin' body?!"

(click to show/hide)

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012, 03:20:35 AM »

The prisoner's initial response to being whacked with a tire iron is to double over in pain, groaning as he does so. After a few moments, he lunges forward, stopping an inch off the chair as his shackles snap tight. His whole body is rigid and his eyes bulge, teeth clenched as he snarls at Hondo. The cuffs holding him in place actually creak audibly, but a second or two later he slumps back into his chair. He glowers at the big man, his face set with a stoney expression. Only his clenched teeth betray his pain.

Marcus, meanwhile, lugs the satchel charge up to the observation deck. Having never been this high up before, he has to take a few moments to compose himself before he starts looking around. After a good ten minutes involving poking with sticks and spraying with fire extinguishers, he finds nothing. And he's been very thorough.

Downstairs, Alice sends Elsie off looking for the Brotherhood members whilse she heads off to the armory. After a few minutes searching, she finds the bomb. It's been placed behind a large wooden crate filled with sand... and about 50 sticks of dynamite.

That's 3 locations down, 4 to go. However, you've only found 2 bombs...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:50:45 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »

Alice took the bomb bag in her hand and headed up the stairs, calling to Marcus on her Pip-Boy. "I've got another one.  Where are you?  I need you to give me the one you've got, I want to leave a couple of surprises for some overwatch teams.  And we might need to get the Sheriff to have his guys sweep their barricades for the others."  She continued hustling towards her compatriot, thinking about the best places to overwatch the barricades.

(click to show/hide)

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »

Into the Pip-Boy, Marcus replies, "I am up on the Observation Deck.  I haven't been able to locate any explosives here.  Either I may just be missing it, or they may not have it made it up here.  I am going to make one more sweep before I move on to the others.  If you're coming up, I could use your help."  After thinking for a moment, he asks "When we get a moment to study these, can you figure out the battery life on these Stealth Boys, Alice?"

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2012, 03:57:55 PM »

Explosives in hand, Alice jogged out the east (main) door and launched herself on a plume of exhaust.  Landing near Marcus she raised the tinted lens on her helmet and eyed the nearly invisible bag.  "Want a lift to the buildings across the street, or just open these here?"

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:05 AM »

Marcus continues poking around the observation deck for another 5 mins. Evenually, Alice gets bored of waiting for him and joins in. By the time you're done, you're pretty sure that there's nothing here.

(click to show/hide)

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »

Handing his bomb to Alice, Marcus suggests, "You want to dispose of these?  I'll head down and start searching the roadblocks."

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »

"Yeah.  Any preferences on where?  Oh, and you should have the Sheriff get his boys to help you look."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: