Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 04:26:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: Reap the Whirlwind (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: Reap the Whirlwind (In Character)  (Read 6664 times)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2012, 05:15:11 PM »

"Oh, you don't gotta tell me about who the prisoners were. The Cap'n of the Ark told us about that shit already. And he even gets to stand up straight," Hondo smiles his wolfish smile. "Seems like not everybody sees the Enclave like it's some big ol' savior of the world or whatever. But this is all kinda wanderin' from the question. What was your mission here?"

(click to show/hide)

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2012, 02:54:50 AM »

The commando sits back in his chair, replying "That's classified."

(click to show/hide)

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »

Alice paced outside the cell, working diligently on not stroking any of her weapons, muttering about due process, Congress, and Nazi ghouls.  "Classified just means they didn't tell your sorry expendable ass what the next atrocity is," she sneered before stalking out.

(click to show/hide)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »

The commando sits back in his chair, replying "That's classified."

"Heh. You and me both know that ain't true, mang. You in the clutches of the vault-dwellers, and you know full well there's no gettin' out. You may as well be bricked up in the basement like that Poe dude wrote. What's your mission?"

(click to show/hide)

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 04:09:44 AM »

After a solid hour of browbeating, threats and empty promises, Hondo finally gets results. It appears that the Commando team's mission was twofold:

1] The Vault's hardline has been internally disabled; reenable external access from the Overseer's Office to allow the uploading of a virus that will hijack all computer systems, doors and internal turrets. IFF codes will be scrubbed and rewritten to recognize only Enclave power armor as friendlies.

2] Plant demolition charges in key areas:
- all 4 exterior roadblocks
- the main street-level entrance
- the observation deck
- the armory

These two things would have allowed the Enclave to take the Republic in around 1 hour, with minimal bloodshed. Now, when the Enclave attacks (and they will), they'll have to stage a frontal assault backed up by an artillery bombardment, vertibirds and armor. It's going to be a bloodbath, and civilians casualties are inevitable.

"Of course," he adds "There's still time to negotiate a surrender. There would be conditions, but you still have a lot of wiggle room at this stage. I don't want to see a whole bunch of women and kids dead, either." He seems to be telling the truth. "Don't make them do this. Command can be... uncompromising, when pushed."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:14:14 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »

Marcus curses to himself.  "Sherriff Armstrong needs to know about this.  There may have been more than 1 team."  With that Marcus leaves hurriedly.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »

Still outside the cellblock, the seething mad scientist saw her friend leave. "Hold up!" she shouted as she stalked over to Marcus.  "To where with such haste?"

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2012, 12:22:04 PM »

"Alice, think about what we found in this guy's possessions, or more importantly, what we didn't find.  They were tasked with planting demo charges in various areas, but he didn't have any explosives on him.  So where are they?  They had either already planted the charges when we found them or a separate team was tasked with planting them.  In either case, the clock is already ticking and I pray to god we can find them in time."

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »

She paled.  "Where did we catch them, the sixth floor?"

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 08:10:53 AM »

Emily springs into action. "I'll go tell the mayor. You worry about those bombs!" She runs - literally runs - off down the hallway.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »

"Was it the sixth floor?" Alice shouted at her departing friend.

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »

Marcus shakes his head, "The guys we killed didn't have them either.  I think they had already accomplished their objective to plant the charges, they were in here to reestablish their connection to upload their virus and he just told us where they were going to plant them."  Turning to Hondo Marcus adds, "Keep this guy talking.  If he knows where exactly the bombs were planted or how long before they go off, we need to know."

Gentry