Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 01:58:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  A Keg for Dragon [OOC]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Keg for Dragon [OOC]  (Read 5224 times)
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »

Off-topic thread, you know the drill.

Bold names, italics for thoughts, "Quotes for talking," [Dwarven] A language tag for all languages besides Common/Human, spoilers for mechanics and quick ooc talk.

Use Invisible Castle to make active rolls, I will do passive rolls (saves, opposed skill rolls, that sort of thing). I'll try and post every roll, if you wish to spend AD to enhance a roll you have until my next descriptive post to do so. In cases where knowing the outcome would make you a lot more/less likely to spend AD I'll message before posting the result, asking if you want to spend the AD or not.

I'd prefer a pace of one post per day, after two I'll autopilot the character (move along and keep silent out of combat, total defense and taking cover in combat) unless there's a very compelling reason to do otherwise (generally the character is the only one who can do a vital action).

Character Sheets
Lauren IceForge, played by ArawnNox
Alexander Gaelwyn, played by ludomastro
Ssryn Asavashra, played by Fiendbasher
Vandarzryx, played by Catodon

I might use the wiki for other things as the game progresses.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:15:23 PM »

Right, I figure the first post should be a mood-setting one, thinking back on past adventure, dreaming about future adventures, shooting the breeze, whatever you feel like.

Also, from a practical perspective, I'd like some info about what your normal modus operandi is. What you're wearing/carrying, how you're walking, in which order you're traveling, y'know, practical things that a group of adventurers would quickly adopt.

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »

Ssryn tends to 'satellite' the group, hanging around the outskirts, or take point. Unless it's cold and there's a nice warm fire. Then she's as close as she needs to be to not be freezing on one side and roasting on the other.  Grin When travelling she carries her bedroll on her back and the rope and grapple wound around her body and over a shoulder... if not travelling she stashes that stuff wherever she's keeping kip. More info about what stuff she's carrying is in the description I put on the guaging interest thread. I can move that over here if you like.  Smiley

"I knew you were going to say that..."
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »

Yeah, sure, let's get all that stuff in one thread.

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »

Ssryn Asavashra - Description

Ssryn resembles a great serpent, with a slender, flexible, vaguely humanoid torso and a pair of lithe, scaled arms. Her sleek scaly hide is a drab olive-greenish grey with thin bands of a lighter color, darker across the spine, and shading to a buff hue on the underside of her chin and neck. "Standing" upright with the upper third of her body off the ground, her head can reach a height of about six feet, but her overall build is exaggeratedly lithe, as befits her snakelike form. Even so, her strength is considerable.

Her eyes are a dull gold with round, dark pupils. She has no eyelids, the gold orbs instead shifting fluidly behind protective transparent 'cap scales' as she looks around. Little information about her emotional state can be read on her face, frozen as it is into an inscrutable mask by the immoble armored plates of her head... such knowledge must rather be gleaned from her body language. One of the least subtle of these cues comes when she is threatening or defensive; she can flatten her long, sinuous neck into a cobralike hood.

In the manner of clothing and adornments, when working she wears a vest of supple leather backed with silk and reinforced with steel rings. With this is a leather harness, with bags and pouches for carrying various tools and posessions, as well as scabbards for her weapons; a wickedly curved, watered-steel dagger, and a brace of throwing knives. Wrapped around her "waist", held in place by a ring on her harness, are several weighted scarves, muted in color but elaborately patterened.

When not working, she favors vests of embroidered silk instead of leather, and brighter colors.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 04:28:25 AM »

Alexander Gaelwyn - Description

Alexander stands about 1.8 meters (5'11") tall and weighs about 80 kilos (175 lbs).  He has dark green eyes, light brown hair and a subtle beard that gives the impression of being uncared for when the opposite is true.  His clothes run toward the bright and colorful end of things.  He fancies himself a ladies man, whether he is or not, is open to debate.  Some of his newly aquired "friends" seem little more than "conquests" while others linger for some time.  However, he still speaks with reverence for a girl named Rebeca.

He sings or whistles or hums pretty much continually.  However, given that he is a traveling bard and something of a show-off that comes with the territory.  When needed; however, it can be quieter than some mice.

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:14 AM »

Vandarzryx
“The first few decades after leaving the nest are the most dangerous for a dragon. Not yet at full size, wandering in search of a territory, trying to amass a hoard and without the protection of parents. A young drake faces monsters, other predators, and most dangerous of all organised soldiers; be they human, orc, or other folk.
Through my great insight I saw an unusual solution: rather than stake a claim on land then have to struggle with folk rulers and their armies I have decided offer my services to folk rulers. Most barons ignored my offers of council and put me to war. War among the weaker species is unlike the might duels of drakes. At first I was horrified by the carnage, but overtime I have become hardened to the reality of war. I came to see war as a puzzle, the strangeness of folk their politics and history so different to that of solitary dragons, the folk their conflicts and reasons for war so endlessly fascinating. Among the folk war is terrible but there are often noble reasons for participating in the carnage.”

A bronze scaled dragon built like a lion. Stretched nose to tail he is 36’ long but much of this is long neck and tail. He is about 5' high at the shoulder. Where scale-less skin is exposed it is a yellow green. He has protruding fangs accentuating that he is a large predator. When dealing with folk he often sits on his haunches and 'talks with his hands'.

Vandarzryx is fascinated by warfare among the folk its history, tactics, and application.
He has the instincts of a solitary hunter, the same niche filled by panthers and hawks, quite unlike social species such as the various folk. He is patronising in his fascination with folk cultures and warfare; an interested outsider looking in. While ‘good’ he exemplifies the dragon virtues and vices: sense of majesty, vanity, independence, aloofness, protectiveness, territorialism, appreciation, and avarice.

Next modus operandi

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 11:31:12 PM »

Final picks for Vandarzryx's gear (hopefully)

Gear
Money in hand: 3s
Carrying capacity: 300/900 (with pack)

Armour
Partial padded (Large Beast) DR0 Cold3 0 0 – 0 Soft2 5D 16 primative 120s

General Equipment:
Chestpack (Beast)+2 Str for carrying capacity Special */— Soft 2 5D 3 lbs. Primitive 30s 1 full action to take off
Canteen (Beast) Holds 2 quarts of liquid T/1h Soft 1 5D 1/2 lb. ** Primitive 15s
Purse (Beast) Holds up to 200 coins T/— Soft 1 5D Special Primitive 15s

Supplies
Five bundles of dead squirrels, (5 common meals), note at 1meal/day (cold blooded) this is better than rations 10lb 5s
Salve (3 uses) – Heal wounds at twice normal rate – 1 lb – 12s in small bladders crush un jaws then smear with snout.
Elixirs (in bladders)
Nil

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 02:22:39 AM »

SOP’s
Overland travel Flies 50’ a little ahead of the party giving him an aerial view to ahead and to the sides of the party. At night he sleeps close to the warmth of the central fire in this cold climate. If danger occurs on the road half action to reduce range/altitude to 10’ and hopefully put himself behind enemy. Ideally, he will be positioned to place a cone of fire over the enemy but not his companions, if not there is always reach 2 bite/claw attacks or a terrible roar (intimidation). Avoid landing, each round half move and attack. I’ll roll to parry twice at the start of combat. These are to be automatically applied by the referee to the first two melee attacks to hit Vandarzryx.

Towns after a quick pass overhead at high altitude (200’) to check for obvious problems he then lands a half mile out of town and walks in. He prefers to send the party ahead to warn the townsfolk and tell the local leaders. At night he retires a distance from town ideally to a place hard for walkers to reach and lights a fire to sleep by. If combat breaks out I’d probably fly off rather than injure civilians.

Dungeons He prefers to lead the party so he can deploy his breath weapon before melee is entered. In combat if the breath weapon does not slow the charge he will allow other PCs to move past him. Ideally, he engages the minions while more typical hero-types deal with the arch-villain. I’ll roll to parry twice at the start of combat. These are to be automatically applied by the referee to the first two melee attacks to hit Vandarzryx. Without the ability to fly use of his advanced actions/profs becomes important (Shove, Retribution, Damned if you do, Pick on the little guy, Parry, Turn the tables).

Generally:Wise Council: to speed play in pbp assume 2 of my AD are there for other PC’s to use without asking, fist come first served basis.

"I just do eyes"
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »

Catodon, your gear's been updated, though you made an error on the armor, it's only 60 silver. Might I suggest the Warm upgrade? It's only 5 silver...

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »

That's a good idea, I should probably add that to Ssryn's, too. Something to do with that leftover 8s  Smiley

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »

Catodon, your gear's been updated, though you made an error on the armor, it's only 60 silver. Might I suggest the Warm upgrade? It's only 5 silver...

I don't think that cold resistance is additive to the Cold 3 provided  by padded anyway. Also I arrived at my price by first finding the price for Large armour then applying upgrades because scale here is not strictly an upgrade but a modifier to base cost, anyway that's my reading of RAW. Will hold off spending the silver on elixirs until you reply to this.

"I just do eyes"
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 02:27:56 AM »

I can't see anything that specifies that size changes are made separate for other upgrades, so I'm running with my interpretation. Likewise, can't find anything that says Resistances don't stack, so I'll allow it. It is dedicated winter clothes, after all. Go far enough north and Cold Resistance 3 ain't gonna cut it at all. d3 cold damage per hour is the 'no wind, no clouds, sunny' weather effect.

- Aesop
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 04:03:45 AM »

3rd times a charm  Smiley
Gear
Money in hand: 3s
Carrying capacity 300/900 (with pack), carried

Armour
Partial padded (Large Beast Warm) DR0 Cold7 0 0 – 0 Soft2 5D 16 primative 60s
General Equipment:
Chestpack (Beast, Warm)+2 Str for carrying capacity Special */— Soft 2 5D 3 lbs. Primitive 30s 1 full action to take off
Canteen (Beast) Holds 2 quarts of liquid T/1h Soft 1 5D 1/2 lb. ** Primitive 15s
Purse (Beast) Holds up to 200 coins T/— Soft 1 5D Special Primitive 15s

Supplies
Roast venison (Comfort food) 5Lb +1 will saves for 8h
Five bundles of dead squirrels, (5 common meals), note at 1meal/day (cold blooded) this is better than rations 10lb 5s
Salve (3 uses) – Heal wounds at twice normal rate – 1 lb – 12s in small bladders crush un jaws then smear with snout.
Elixirs (in bladders)
Two vitality elixirs in bladders 2x0.5Lb

"I just do eyes"
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 12:24:41 PM »

Fiendbasher:  Tumbling is not necessary, as the goblins are in the treeline and you're further out towards the road.

Catodon: gear updated, please check the wiki to ensure it's correct.

Edit: Here's an extremely quick and dirty sketch so you guys can roughly see the layout of this combat.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:37:27 PM by Antilles » Logged

- Aesop
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: