Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 06:28:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Keg for Dragon [IC]  (Read 7656 times)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »

The bronze scaled drake wings low great jaws snaping at the goblins
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 04:35:58 AM »

Alexander smiles his sweetest smile and says, "Say hello to the Fat Baron if you see him in hell," while raising his rapier to a fencing position.  He stretches out his front foot and leaves a little more than half his weight over that foot.  Without breaking his smile, he strikes at the offending goblin.

(click to show/hide)

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:01 PM »

Vandarzryx swoops over towards the fleeing goblins, and reaches down to put the blinded goblin out of his misery, by separating his head from his body. Unfortunately for the drake, the goblin half-trips over a root just before the drake snaps his jaw shut, and thus get to keep his head for now.

Alexander triumphantly drives his rapier through the side of the goblin, but his triumph is short lived as the goblin shows no sign of pain and there was not enough resistance to indicate the blade actually pierced flesh. Alexander can only conclude the goblin is thinner than his armor and clothing looks, and resolves to strike more closer to the center next time.

Lauren brings her halberd down hard upon the goblin, nearly taking his arm off. His screams quickly fade as he bleeds out.

Ssryn's strike is true, as she plunges her knife deep between the shoulderblade and neck. The goblin drops, dead before it could utter a sound.

The goblins, those who aren't fleeing that is, fight on seemingly without thought for their fallen comrades. The one left standing next to Ssryn attempts to strike the naga twice, but its blows seems to glance off the naga's scales.
The final goblin is maneuvering around Alexander, possibly to flank him, or to attack Lauren. He does strike Alexander as he gets near him, but the blow falls short.
The two fleeing goblins run like they have an angry drake snapping at their heels, which unfortunately for them is exactly what is happening. The forest should provide some very welcome cover, but it also slows them down, particularly the one goblin who cannot see at the moment.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:36:43 AM by Antilles » Logged

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 07:32:28 PM »

Her forked tongue flicked languidly, as if in slow motion, as Ssryn twisted to face the remaining goblin before her. The taste of blood on the air reminded her that she was growing hungry again. She lashed right, then left as the goblin swung at her, so that its blows merely grazed across her hide, causing no real damage.

Too large to swallow, pity... she thought, and even had they not been, she didn't feel like dealing with the discomfort of a distended stomach when travelling. The courtesy of avoiding 'talking food' was certainly forfeited if the food in question attacked her; but either way, she preferred a great deal more privacy when taking a meal.

I think I've a better use for this one anyway...

Ssryn surged forward and made a grab for the goblin.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:39:09 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »

Vandarzryx lands just behind the nearest goblin with a crash of snapping undergrowth and a bellowing roar, great jaws bite down at the unfortunate bandit.

(click to show/hide)

OOC actually I better wait an see if they make it past the tree-line on thier move.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:42:11 AM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 04:25:12 AM »

Alexander smiles and asks, "Bit skinny for a goblin aren't you?  Let's see if this skewer hits true."  He then plunges his rapier into the center of the goblin.  As he withdraws the blade, he pivots on one foot and goes to trip the other goblin trying to get around him.

ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 06:54:16 PM »

Lauren...

(click to show/hide)

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 10:50:03 PM »

Vandarzryx lands at the edge of the forest crash of snapping undergrowth and a bellowing roar, there is a sharp inhale and then he roars again.

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »

Vandarzryx roars a mighty challenge that echoes throughout the woods. The lead goblin currently running away from him jumps and if possible run even faster away from him, while the blind one lagging behind falls to the ground, curls up into the fetal position, and starts praying to his gods, certain that death has come for him. Content to leave that one for later, the drake flies off just over the forest floor to catch up to the fleeing goblin.

Alexander's skewer does indeed hit true, indicated by the scream of pain uttered by the goblin, and the fact that the rapier's blade is wet with goblin blood as he pulls it back. To the goblin's credit, he remains standing... for all of half a second when Alexander's foot deftly hooks his and pulls it away from under him.

The goblin lands hard, and gets what little breath he has left knocked out of him. His scream is therefore silent as Lauren's halberd comes down hard on his midsection, nearly bisecting the hapless goblin. Satisfied that all the goblins on this side of the road has been put down, she heads over to the other side to see if any remain there.

Ssryn lashes out with her tail against the last goblin facing her, and before he manages to jump away she wraps her tail with practiced ease around his lower body. The goblin, guessing at Ssryn's intentions from the look on her face, panics and thrashes wildly in an attempt to break free, but every movement only serves to tighten the naga's increasingly vice-like grip on the doomed goblin.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 01:12:28 PM »

Ssryn brings her upper body down low enough to swing around behind the coiled goblin, swiftly throwing an arm -- every bit as sinewy as the coils that have the goblin trapped -- around its neck. Her knife reappears in her other hand, the point aimed right at the pupil of one of its bloodshot eyes.  It can feel her low, growling hiss reverberate through its body cavities and in its skull. She's left it room to breathe, but only just enough to answer the questions she utters next in a sharp, sibilant whisper next to its ear...

"Whhhhere did sshou come fffrom? Are thhere more?"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:25:14 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »

Vandarzryx flies low keeping above the goblin so ‘his agents’ can find the bandit. Attempting a landing carries too great a risk of injury to be worth it for this morsel. He is tempted to bathe the creature in flame, so very tempting, but the forest might catch fire. A dragon's best weapon is often fear, Vandarzryx employs it. Another long blasting roar rains thunder and spittle on the fleeing criminal

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »

Lauren looks about, assessing the situation. Since it seems everything is well in hand, she casually begins cleaning the gore from her weapon.

(click to show/hide)

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »

Alexander and Lauren walks back towards their captive-holding comrade while wiping off some of the worst of the blood and gore covering them.

The captured goblin is held so well as to appear motionless, but Ssryn can feel he would be shaking like a leaf in a storm were he unrestrained. She whispers her question into the goblin's ear, and await his reply. Surprisingly, the goblin seems to have some spine, as he grits his teeth and replies "Why shoul' I tells ya anything, yer just gonna kill me an'ways. T'hells with ya."

Vandarzryx roars at the fleeing goblin, who continue to run as fast as it can away from the drake.

(click to show/hide)

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »

Tightening her coils to thwart the goblin's struggles, after hearing the his reply, Ssryn hisses back, "Foolissh narrow-minded creasshure, thinking there iz only one fffate for you. There are sso many choissesz. Tell me what I want to know, and I will releasse you. You will have a head sstart before I begin my hunt, and you may have a chansse to eszscape. Refuze, and you chooze ssertain death. My venom will coursse through your veins and you sshall die in ssslow agony, like the rodent that you are."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:35:38 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 06:58:48 PM »

Vandarzyrx spies where the goblin is going, ahead the undergrowth thickens, he'll never catch the bandit in there. Where are those damn agents? he thinks with frustration. His hunters instincts beat away at his caution, the small mammal is running chase it screams the deep part of his predator brain. Vandarzryx beats his wings once to kill some momentum then folds them tight and crashes through the canopy to biting down at the goblin even as his legs reach forward to absorb the impact...

(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: