Author Topic: A Keg for Dragon [IC]  (Read 13724 times)

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
The bronze scaled drake wings low great jaws snaping at the goblins
Spoiler:  “With nasty graite pointy teefa” • show

I’m assuming as in real Feudal Europe the legal penalty for Banditry is death (often by horrible means) and rough justice on the road is acceptable.
I’m also assuming that they are way out of reach (if not another bite attack (with the trick) and a 5' step).

Sod invisble castle down could you roll for me?
Half action Move fly until 10’ above flash blinded goblin
Half action Bite to hit 1d20+4, damage 1d10+2 with “pick on the little guy” the target’s Defense bonus from Size drops to 1/2 (rounded up)

Also could you make two reflex saves to use for parry against the first two melee or unarmed attacks to hit me this fight?

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2173
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 02:35:58 AM »
Alexander smiles his sweetest smile and says, "Say hello to the Fat Baron if you see him in hell," while raising his rapier to a fencing position.  He stretches out his front foot and leaves a little more than half his weight over that foot.  Without breaking his smile, he strikes at the offending goblin.

Spoiler: En Guarde! • show

Half action: Assume Work the Line stance
Half action: Standard attack (with rapier) - Error 503 - Please roll for me when IC comes back on-line.
1d20+3, 1d8+2 if successful.

Antilles

  • Mastermind
  • Control
  • *****
  • Posts: 3924
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
Vandarzryx swoops over towards the fleeing goblins, and reaches down to put the blinded goblin out of his misery, by separating his head from his body. Unfortunately for the drake, the goblin half-trips over a root just before the drake snaps his jaw shut, and thus get to keep his head for now.

Alexander triumphantly drives his rapier through the side of the goblin, but his triumph is short lived as the goblin shows no sign of pain and there was not enough resistance to indicate the blade actually pierced flesh. Alexander can only conclude the goblin is thinner than his armor and clothing looks, and resolves to strike more closer to the center next time.

Lauren brings her halberd down hard upon the goblin, nearly taking his arm off. His screams quickly fade as he bleeds out.

Ssryn's strike is true, as she plunges her knife deep between the shoulderblade and neck. The goblin drops, dead before it could utter a sound.

The goblins, those who aren't fleeing that is, fight on seemingly without thought for their fallen comrades. The one left standing next to Ssryn attempts to strike the naga twice, but its blows seems to glance off the naga's scales.
The final goblin is maneuvering around Alexander, possibly to flank him, or to attack Lauren. He does strike Alexander as he gets near him, but the blow falls short.
The two fleeing goblins run like they have an angry drake snapping at their heels, which unfortunately for them is exactly what is happening. The forest should provide some very welcome cover, but it also slows them down, particularly the one goblin who cannot see at the moment.

Spoiler: Actions • show

Vandarzryx moves to 10 ft. above the fleeing goblins, and attacks goblin 1, 1d20+4=7, but misses. For reference, parry 1 (1d20+1=12) and parry 2 (1d20+1=18).
Alexander assumes the Work the Line stance, attacks goblin 6, but misses (1d20+3=7)
Ssryn attacks goblin 3, hits, and the goblin fails its damage save (1d20+1=5).

Goblin 4 attacks Ssryn twice, first strike misses (1d20+2=7), second strike also misses (1d20+2=4)
Goblin 5 moves and attacks Alexander, but misses (1d20+2=14)
Goblins 1 and 2 moves into the forest.


Spoiler: Initiative • show

Alexander - 25
Lauren - 14
Ssryn - 13
Goblins 3-6 - 9
Goblins 1-2 - 8
Vandarzryx - 5


« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:36:43 AM by Antilles »
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

Fiendbasher

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 325
  • Good ≠ Nice
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »
Her forked tongue flicked languidly, as if in slow motion, as Ssryn twisted to face the remaining goblin before her. The taste of blood on the air reminded her that she was growing hungry again. She lashed right, then left as the goblin swung at her, so that its blows merely grazed across her hide, causing no real damage.

Too large to swallow, pity... she thought, and even had they not been, she didn't feel like dealing with the discomfort of a distended stomach when travelling. The courtesy of avoiding 'talking food' was certainly forfeited if the food in question attacked her; but either way, she preferred a great deal more privacy when taking a meal.

I think I've a better use for this one anyway...

Ssryn surged forward and made a grab for the goblin.

Spoiler: Actions • show
Full action: Attempt to grab (grapple) the remaining goblin. Spending an Action Die - 1d6=3, then rolling Athletics - 1d20+9=16 (+6 athletics bonus, +3 from AD, AD refunded if the grab fails, due to Practiced Athletics.)

If the grab succeeds she will then proceed to throw a coil or two around it, I'll save that description for the pin attempt. ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:39:09 PM by Fiendbasher »
"I knew you were going to say that..."

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 09:36:55 PM »
Vandarzryx lands just behind the nearest goblin with a crash of snapping undergrowth and a bellowing roar, great jaws bite down at the unfortunate bandit.

Spoiler: ROAR! • show

5’ step forward/down. Placing me adjacent to the goblins

Roar and crash is a Threaten half action
1d20+6=9
Stress: 1d6=3

Half action bite attack
1d20+4=5
Not going to bother rolling for damage

Also this places me adjacent to the goblins, if one of them scores a hit Retribution now gives me a free attack (AC page141). During the rest of the combat the first time I am hit by an adjacent goblin use the following roll:

Free bite attack
1d20+4=13
Damage: 1d10+2=3




OOC actually I better wait an see if they make it past the tree-line on thier move.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:42:11 AM by Catodon »
"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2173
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »
Alexander smiles and asks, "Bit skinny for a goblin aren't you?  Let's see if this skewer hits true."  He then plunges his rapier into the center of the goblin.  As he withdraws the blade, he pivots on one foot and goes to trip the other goblin trying to get around him.


ArawnNox

  • Handler
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
  • GM in Training
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art Page
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »
Lauren...

Spoiler: Ifs and Thens • show


If: The goblin is knocked down by Alexander's trip
Then: She'll attack twice:
1d20+4=19, 1d10+2=10 19 to hit, 10 damge
and
1d20+4=6, 1d10+2=4 6 to hit, 4 damage.... there's the rolls I expect from IC.

If: The goblin is dead before Lauren's Initiative or dies on her first attack
Then: Move Action (x2): Moving to next closest goblin

If: The Goblin is still standing
Then: Trip Attempt:
1d20+7=19 19
Then: Follow Up attack (using 1st attack in the attacks listing, above, or I'll roll again, if desired)
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »
Vandarzryx lands at the edge of the forest crash of snapping undergrowth and a bellowing roar, there is a sharp inhale and then he roars again.

Spoiler: ROAR! • show

Not sure If I need to rework rounds 1&2 or just 2. to be safe both reworked here.
Round one
5’ step forward/down.

Roar and crash is a Threaten half action vs. blind goblin
1d20+6=9
Stress: 1d6=3

Roar again! Threaten vs. blind goblin
1d20+6=19
stress
1d6=2

i.e. I’m going into the forest I suspect the squeezing rules might apply as we go deeper in.

In the interests of keeping things moving round two also two threatens

Threaten vs. blind goblin
1d20+6=24
Stress
1d6=1

Threaten vs. blind goblin
1d20+6=10
stress
1d6=5

that might leave him paralysed with fear.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

Antilles

  • Mastermind
  • Control
  • *****
  • Posts: 3924
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »
Vandarzryx roars a mighty challenge that echoes throughout the woods. The lead goblin currently running away from him jumps and if possible run even faster away from him, while the blind one lagging behind falls to the ground, curls up into the fetal position, and starts praying to his gods, certain that death has come for him. Content to leave that one for later, the drake flies off just over the forest floor to catch up to the fleeing goblin.

Alexander's skewer does indeed hit true, indicated by the scream of pain uttered by the goblin, and the fact that the rapier's blade is wet with goblin blood as he pulls it back. To the goblin's credit, he remains standing... for all of half a second when Alexander's foot deftly hooks his and pulls it away from under him.

The goblin lands hard, and gets what little breath he has left knocked out of him. His scream is therefore silent as Lauren's halberd comes down hard on his midsection, nearly bisecting the hapless goblin. Satisfied that all the goblins on this side of the road has been put down, she heads over to the other side to see if any remain there.

Ssryn lashes out with her tail against the last goblin facing her, and before he manages to jump away she wraps her tail with practiced ease around his lower body. The goblin, guessing at Ssryn's intentions from the look on her face, panics and thrashes wildly in an attempt to break free, but every movement only serves to tighten the naga's increasingly vice-like grip on the doomed goblin.

Spoiler: Actions • show

Vandarzryx threatens blinded goblin, the result is more than 20 + goblin's bonus and GM isn't inclined to spend AD on this, so the attempt auto-succeeds. The goblin fails it damage save against the stress damage (1d20+1=8) and is out of the fight. GM's discretion then moved him so that he's more or less 20 ft. over the remaining fleeing goblin.
The goblin Alexander's aiming against is already dead, so he attacks the other who just moved into range, though he succeeds on the damage save (1d20+1=18). He doesn't succeed on the opposed roll to resist the trip, though. (1d20+1=9)
Lauren's attack hits the now-prone goblin, who promptly fails his damage save (1d20+1=14). She then moves towards the other side of the road.
Ssryn's grapple check is successful (just barely, the goblin got (1d20+1=14+2 for size), so she won by having the biggest bonus.
On his turn the goblin tries to escape the grapple, got a measly (1d20+1=4, Ssryn got (1d20+8=9) and wins despite rolling a 1. You get to pick a grapple benefit.
The last goblin continues to leg it through the woods. He's moving at half speed, so he's 30 ft. away from Vandarzryx at this point.

Spoiler: Initiative • show

Alexander - 25
Lauren - 14
Ssryn - 13
Goblins 3-6 - 9
Goblins 1-2 - 8
Vandarzryx - 5
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

Fiendbasher

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 325
  • Good ≠ Nice
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 11:12:28 AM »
Ssryn brings her upper body down low enough to swing around behind the coiled goblin, swiftly throwing an arm -- every bit as sinewy as the coils that have the goblin trapped -- around its neck. Her knife reappears in her other hand, the point aimed right at the pupil of one of its bloodshot eyes.  It can feel her low, growling hiss reverberate through its body cavities and in its skull. She's left it room to breathe, but only just enough to answer the questions she utters next in a sharp, sibilant whisper next to its ear...

"Whhhhere did sshou come fffrom? Are thhere more?"

Spoiler: Actions • show
Ssryn chooses to pin the goblin.
Full Action: Coerce (Intimidate) -- 1d20+4=23. She's going to try to get the goblin to rat out its buddies. It'll be good to know if we're going to be walking into any more ambushes.  ;D

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:25:14 AM by Fiendbasher »
"I knew you were going to say that..."

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
Vandarzryx flies low keeping above the goblin so ‘his agents’ can find the bandit. Attempting a landing carries too great a risk of injury to be worth it for this morsel. He is tempted to bathe the creature in flame, so very tempting, but the forest might catch fire. A dragon's best weapon is often fear, Vandarzryx employs it. Another long blasting roar rains thunder and spittle on the fleeing criminal

Spoiler: fear is the mind killer • show

Half action move to stay above goblin
Half action threaten
RARRRR! (1d20+6=11)
stress
1d6=3

if the goblin’s hindbrain doesn’t just give in he’s tougher than I thought

Also folks don’t forget you can see and hear me so I have AD to give away.


"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net

ArawnNox

  • Handler
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
  • GM in Training
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art Page
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
Lauren looks about, assessing the situation. Since it seems everything is well in hand, she casually begins cleaning the gore from her weapon.

Spoiler: show

Delay for the rest of the turn or generally being idle, taking no significant actions.
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com

Antilles

  • Mastermind
  • Control
  • *****
  • Posts: 3924
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »
Alexander and Lauren walks back towards their captive-holding comrade while wiping off some of the worst of the blood and gore covering them.

The captured goblin is held so well as to appear motionless, but Ssryn can feel he would be shaking like a leaf in a storm were he unrestrained. She whispers her question into the goblin's ear, and await his reply. Surprisingly, the goblin seems to have some spine, as he grits his teeth and replies "Why shoul' I tells ya anything, yer just gonna kill me an'ways. T'hells with ya."

Vandarzryx roars at the fleeing goblin, who continue to run as fast as it can away from the drake.

Spoiler: Action • show

Vandarzryx moves to keep pace with the fleeing goblin, and threatens it. Unfortunately, it resists (goblin 2 resist threathen 1d20+1=14)
Alexander and Lauren are moving at half speed towards the other side of the road.
Ssryn tries to intimidate her prisoner, who resists with (1d20+1=14). Unfortunately, with no apparent incentive and as he sees it, deadly risk either way, the coercion attempt fails.

The fleeing goblin moves a further 30 ft., while the grappled goblin tries to break the pin. He gets (1d20+1=21), ssryn still beats him with 1d20+8=22. You get to pick a grapple benefit.

Catodon, I'm gonna wrap up the fleeing goblin. You've got this round to try and stop him, otherwise he'll get to an area with dense enough foliage to grant him full cover, at which point he'll hide and sneak away while you're not looking and before the rest can get there.

Combat is essentially over at this point, you've got one captive, one 'unconscious' and possibly 1 escapee. What do you do?

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

Fiendbasher

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 325
  • Good ≠ Nice
    • View Profile
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »
Tightening her coils to thwart the goblin's struggles, after hearing the his reply, Ssryn hisses back, "Foolissh narrow-minded creasshure, thinking there iz only one fffate for you. There are sso many choissesz. Tell me what I want to know, and I will releasse you. You will have a head sstart before I begin my hunt, and you may have a chansse to eszscape. Refuze, and you chooze ssertain death. My venom will coursse through your veins and you sshall die in ssslow agony, like the rodent that you are."

Spoiler: Actions • show

Grapple Benefit: I maintain the pin. Perhaps force him to drop his shortsword if he hasn't already.

Full Round Action -- Intimidate (Coerce) 1d20+4=14

If the goblin resists this coerce attempt the next grapple roll will be: 1d20+6=23 (+2 size?) and if successful the next grapple benefit I choose will be  Grapple Benefit: Chooses to inflict unarmed (bite) damage. 1d8+1=9 -- ouch! + necrotic poison if the goblin survives and at least 1 net damage was inflicted.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:35:38 PM by Fiendbasher »
"I knew you were going to say that..."

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1948
  • AKA: Coronoides
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: A Keg for Dragon [IC]
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »
Vandarzyrx spies where the goblin is going, ahead the undergrowth thickens, he'll never catch the bandit in there. Where are those damn agents? he thinks with frustration. His hunters instincts beat away at his caution, the small mammal is running chase it screams the deep part of his predator brain. Vandarzryx beats his wings once to kill some momentum then folds them tight and crashes through the canopy to biting down at the goblin even as his legs reach forward to absorb the impact...

Spoiler: instinct kills caution • show

Acrobatics break-fall to land in the forest
1d20+4=9 
Action die
1d6=2
TOTAL 11
Breakfall DC is typically 20, I knew I had bucklies going in but like Vandarzryx his player really does not want the little b*stard to get away.

OK I'm sprawled for the attack check (-2)= +2
bite! (1d20+4-2=15)
If needed to hit I'll put an AD on that you may roll.
Damage
Die mammal scum! (1d10+2=6)
And I'll have an AD on that too and then I'm out
prey must not escape! (1d6=3)
TOTAL DAMAGE 9.

Ok that's my very best shot.  >:D

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Also check out RPG Review:
http://rpgreview.net