Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 05:11:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Ten Thousand Bullets
| | |-+  Mastercraft + 10000 Bullets + Spycraft = Lost
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mastercraft + 10000 Bullets + Spycraft = Lost  (Read 4308 times)
Pegasus3c
Recruit

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »

Ok I have been gone for awhile and came back and have to say I am excited over some of the new stuff around here!  Now, I am also a little lost. I am thrilled about Fantasycraft but now I am seeing Mastercraft around the forums and I have some questions about some of the stuff and this was the best place I could come up with to post...

Mastercraft - it makes me think that everything is interconnected and usable across the spectrum right?

Ten Thousand Bullets - its comming... soon?

Spycraft Third - will Ten Thousand bullets work with it? Or will Ten Thousand Bullets be outdated when it comes out?
Soulcatcher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »

Spycraft Third and 10k Bullets two separate games using the Mastercraft system to represent two different genres, espionage and urban crime, respectively.  Neither renders the other outdated.  The Mastercraft system is there to make it very easy to use material from one game in another to fit what your group wants to play.  From what I understand there will some issues, giving that the games are designed to fit genre first and be portable to other Mastercraft games second, but it should be quite easy.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

Spycraft Third and 10k Bullets two separate games using the Mastercraft system to represent two different genres, espionage and urban crime, respectively.  Neither renders the other outdated.  The Mastercraft system is there to make it very easy to use material from one game in another to fit what your group wants to play.  From what I understand there will some issues, giving that the games are designed to fit genre first and be portable to other Mastercraft games second, but it should be quite easy.

Soulcatcher has it pretty much right here. We build to genre first but we use (mostly) the same underlying engine with each Mastercraft game. Some stuff will port without issue, some will port with a little elbow grease, and some will be a "choose this or that" scenario.

Spycraft Third and 10kB are being built side-by-side, so they'll be pretty trivial to port between. Either of those and, say, Fantasy Craft? A little trickier in spots but still doable in most cases.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pegasus3c
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »

Soulcatcher: Thanks sir, that sounds like what I am looking for... Now I can add myself to the list of people chomping at the bit for Ten Thousand Bullets!

Crafty Pat: Wow, did not expect a reply from the head shed, but thanks. That clears up my question completly. I look forward to the crunchy tasty bits!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »

Soulcatcher: Thanks sir, that sounds like what I am looking for... Now I can add myself to the list of people chomping at the bit for Ten Thousand Bullets!

Crafty Pat: Wow, did not expect a reply from the head shed, but thanks. That clears up my question completly. I look forward to the crunchy tasty bits!

We aim to please.

Let us know if you have any other questions. We can't answer them all - especially this far out - but at worst we'll say, "Come back later when we can say more." Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »

The thing I love about Mastercraft in some sense is that is the D20 portability between genres of GURPS or Palladium. ... Obviously it is far superior to those systems but it is the first real D20 portable genre engine.

Love it!

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Moebius
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »

I'm imagining 10K Bullets to be something like Leverage- heists etc. more than The Godfather or GTA. Is that the idea?

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »

Anything urban crime noir you can imagine ... mix in some Spellbound and you can do Dresden if you want or maybe a variation on Shadowrun even

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
tracker7
Mastermind
Operative

MLB > Firefly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »

I'm imagining 10K Bullets to be something like Leverage- heists etc. more than The Godfather or GTA. Is that the idea?

Straight up, Moebius, just about any kind of cops-and-robbers story you dig on can work under Ten Thousand Bullets. Film noir, Leverage-style redemption-through-bastardy, gangsters, cops of varying degrees of cleanness, high-profile, street-level, there's a place for it. I've had a team of the city's only unquestionably clean cops working their way through the list of the city's most wanted; there's been a pair of hard-boiled private eyes going down no small number of mean streets; even a few fellows carving out their own criminal niches, but for the right reasons.

You'll like it. There's a lot to play with.

The above may be conjecture, deliberate paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

I'd tell an ebola joke here, BUT YOU WON'T GET IT.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »

But will it let me play a charming novelist with pull? Wink

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »

Is it just me or is Charming Novelist perfect for Talent and Speciality, respectively?
tracker7
Mastermind
Operative

MLB > Firefly

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »

But will it let me play a charming novelist with pull? ;)

Try the art-house theater down the way.

The above may be conjecture, deliberate paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

I'd tell an ebola joke here, BUT YOU WON'T GET IT.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 08:16:24 PM »

You mean with Renown and some Prized contacts?

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 08:23:16 PM »

But will it let me play a charming novelist with pull? Wink

Try the art-house theater down the way.

I suppose the character I'm thinking of would have his mother and daughter as contacts. Along with the mayor.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 04:11:30 AM »

I'm more inclined to view the preceeding and succeeding generations as Followers: their main purposes seems to be assisting checks.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: