Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 10:38:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Interest Check]OSF: A Keg for Dragon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Interest Check]OSF: A Keg for Dragon  (Read 3563 times)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2011, 03:08:02 AM »

Vandarzryx
“The first few decades after leaving the nest are the most dangerous for a dragon. Not yet at full size, wandering in search of a territory, trying to amass a hoard and without the protection of parents. A young drake faces monsters, other predators, and most dangerous of all organised soldiers; be they human, orc, or other folk.
Through my great insight I saw an unusual solution: rather than stake a claim on land then have to struggle with folk rulers and their armies I have decided offer my services to folk rulers. Most barons ignored my offers of council and put me to war. War among the weaker species is unlike the might duels of drakes. At first I was horrified by the carnage, but overtime I have become hardened to the reality of war. I came to see war as a puzzle, the strangeness of folk their politics and history so different to that of solitary dragons, the folk their conflicts and reasons for war so endlessly fascinating. Among the folk war is terrible but there are often noble reasons for participating in the carnage.”

Vandarzryx is fascinated by warfare among the folk its history, tactics, and application.
He has the instincts of a solitary hunter, the same niche filled by panthers and hawks, quite unlike social species such as the various folk. He is patronising in his fascination with folk cultures and warfare; an interested outsider looking in. While ‘good’ he exemplifies the dragon virtues and vices: sense of majesty, vanity, independence, aloofness, protectiveness, territorialism, appreciation, and avarice.
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2011, 05:11:18 AM »

Looking over your character now. Am at work, so I can't give in-depth comment until later, but I'll say right off regarding gear: I'll be nice and let you buy/use them, but they'll require the beast and possibly the increased size upgrade from the weapons section in order for you to effectively use them.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »

My sheet's been updated, that's good...but I spotted one issue, if you look further down my sheet at the Origins abilities, you'll see Ssryn has TWO instances of Agile Defense (one from Saurian and one from Acrobat), and according to Crafty Alex they stack. So her defense total is 16, or 17 if not wearing the armor.

"I knew you were going to say that..."
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »

Ah, that explains it then. I was looking it over and saw the +2 defense from agile defense and went "Wait, isn't that just +1? Yeah, it is. Must be a typo..." Changing it back.

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »

Yeah I could see how it would look like a typo... especially with the mistakes I've already made... (facepalm)

It's obvious the experience here will do me some good... I haven't had much opportunity to play, but now I'm thinking I need to go over some of my earlier characters with a fine toothed comb.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »

Character sheet updated.

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »

Right ludo, here's what I got so far. Also, feeling a bit under the weather today, so I'm gonna postpone the start for a day or so.

- Aesop
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2011, 04:06:07 AM »

Alright everyone, please check the wiki for the latest version of your character sheets, and let me know what needs changing.

Ludo: What you're looking for is the Storage Charm. Lesser is 1 rep, can only store 1 item at 2nd level and has size restrictions on what it can accept. Greater is 2 rep, can store 2 items at 2nd level and size is no issue.

- Aesop
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2011, 04:43:56 AM »

Looks like my bow proficiency went missing.

Yes, I would like the greater storage charm.  Do you allow the storage of a full arrow quiver to count as one item?

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2011, 05:29:45 PM »

Looks good thanks for your work on this.

Carrying capacity 300/900 (with pack)
and note gear probably close to final picks but as per our PM's still adjusting.
That said as long as we don't go to combat striaght away i'm ready for an opening scene.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2011, 12:30:52 AM »

Ludo: Yeah, I'll allow it. Don't forget Storage needs to be activated with an Handle Item action.

I'll see if I can't get something up later today.

- Aesop
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2011, 01:34:21 AM »

I'm also going to redo profs. For example salt the wound is nearly useless to me.

Proficiencies: 4+4 fighter
• Unarmed (forte)

Advanced tricks:
• Shove
• Retribution
Damned if you do
Pick on the little guy
Veteran’s Attack
Turn the tables
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:03:17 AM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2011, 03:50:27 AM »

Protip: Veteran's Attack is also useless, as there won't be a level discrepancy, and I won't run any adventures as Menace I.

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »

After downgrading my armor I have about 21s left for gear (including what I get from panache).

I think I aught to at least upgrade the pouch to a purse (3s balance) and grab a canteen (5s) and a bedroll (5s),
because I don't think anyone would appreciate her crawling into theirs on a cold night. Tongue I'm open to suggestions on what to do with the last 8s, anything that I might need or that might be useful in that range?

Other than that I'm good to go.

Edit: I went ahead and updated the gear on the wiki page if that's OK, still leaving that 8s up in the air for now.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:45:52 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: