Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 12:38:01 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Interest Check]OSF: A Keg for Dragon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Interest Check]OSF: A Keg for Dragon  (Read 3708 times)
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2011, 06:30:00 AM »

ArawnNox, looks good. I'll be tossing everything in a wiki so I've access to it away from my computer, starting with your character. Take a look.

As for the group's origin story, I've a barebones backstory cooked up, but if you all want to make up your own, go for it.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

Hello all.  I'm away from my books so I'm going off memory.  Most of the character sheet is still blank due to my memory not being photographic.  Help would be appreciated.  I will revisit as needed to correct errors/omissions.

Alexander stands about 1.8 meters (5'11") tall and weighs about 80 kilos (175 lbs).  He has dark green eyes, light brown hair and a subtle beard that gives the impression of being uncared for when the opposite is true.  His clothes run toward the bright and colorful end of things.  He fancies himself a ladies man, whether he is or not, is open to debate.  Some of his newly aquired "friends" seem little more than "conquests" while others linger for some time.  However, he still speaks with reverence for a girl named Rebeca.

(click to show/hide)

I'm still short some gear but without my books, I'm somewhat stuck.  My wife was willing to transcribe a bunch of material for the character but her patience has limits.  If we are allowed magical items, I am curious how much reputation a bag of holding would cost?  I'd also like to flavor it as a bracelet or other piece of jewelry.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:59:03 AM by ludomastro » Logged

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »

Based on the first couple of adventures, it's the latter.

I've added Alex to the wiki, stuff that remains: where to put lifestyle (I assume panache?), spend/save reputation, decide which action to assign the Mix-Up trick, skills (you've got 45 skill points to spread around), decide origin skills, lvl 2 feat (from fast feats), interests (5 in total), additional proficiency (you start with 3), buying gear and possibly magic items.

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »

Ssryn resembles a great serpent, with a slender, flexible, vaguely humanoid torso and a pair of lithe, scaled arms. Her sleek scaly hide is a drab olive-greenish grey with thin bands of a lighter color, darker across the spine, and shading to a buff hue on the underside of her chin and neck. "Standing" upright with the upper third of her body off the ground, her head can reach a height of about six feet, but her overall build is exaggeratedly lithe, as befits her snakelike form. Even so, her strength is considerable.

Her eyes are a dull gold with round, dark pupils. She has no eyelids, the gold orbs instead shifting fluidly behind protective transparent 'cap scales' as she looks around. Little information about her emotional state can be read on her face, frozen as it is into an inscrutable mask by the immoble armored plates of her head... such knowledge must rather be gleaned from her body language. One of the least subtle of these cues comes when she is threatening or defensive; she can flatten her long, sinuous neck into a cobralike hood.

In the manner of clothing and adornments, when working she wears a vest of supple leather backed with silk and reinforced with steel rings. With this is a leather harness, with bags and pouches for carrying various tools and posessions, as well as scabbards for her weapons; a wickedly curved, watered-steel dagger, and a brace of throwing knives. Wrapped around her "waist", held in place by a ring on her harness, are several weighted scarves, muted in color but elaborately patterened.

When not working, she favors vests of embroidered silk instead of leather, and brighter colors.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:14:20 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

"I knew you were going to say that..."
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2011, 06:52:28 AM »

Fiendbasher, looks good, just one thing: a fitted partial studded leather is 120 silver, not 80, so you might have to re-think your purchases a little.

Edit: Also, I assume Fang Dagger is a Long Knife with the Bleed and Superior upgrades? If so, it's 75 silver, not 45.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:34:18 AM by Antilles » Logged

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2011, 10:31:19 AM »

Hm I could see getting the knife wrong since i edited it so many times I forgot which version I used when I did it on paper, but I think it's a Dagger with finesse and superior (15 s x 300% or 45 s). I fixed it accordingly.

Oops, you're right on the armor, too... it's +200% for fitted, not +100.  Huh? Can't see how I missed that. Ah well, I'll fix that too. Thanks

Hmm that leaves me with 40s to play with, I guess with that I might as well make the dagger out of a long knife build like you have suggested or pick up that stilletto I wanted... have to decide which to do with that.

Edit: Decided to change to the long-knife base (I just can't see the damn thing being throwable, it doesn't make sense) and pick up some incidental gear with the leftovers. Switched the armor to unfitted and applied the penalties to her sheet, just can't afford to drop another 40 just to have it fitted. Another thing to put on the wish list for later.

OK DONE I think.... though my head is starting to hurt....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:38:02 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »

Alright, new changes plotted. Just FYI, finesse only applies to damage, not attack, so your dagger attack is +2/+3 and 1d6+5 lethal.

Also, don't think I mentioned this, but you all start with your panache income, so in your case you start with 210 silver.

- Aesop
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »

So, that would be 200s (lvl 2) + Panache?

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »

Yup.

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2011, 12:00:02 PM »

Alright, new changes plotted. Just FYI, finesse only applies to damage, not attack, so your dagger attack is +2/+3 and 1d6+5 lethal.

Okay, weird I had the finesse thing backwards. Thought it was the other way 'round. This is getting embarrassing, evidently I need the practice more than I'd thought. Oh and it would be +1/2 class, +1 strength +1 edged forte so +3/+4 and 1d6+5 unless I'm screwing that up too....  Huh?

There, I THINK I have it all fixed now... though I'm getting quite confused.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:14:45 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »

Yeah, I forgot the forte so +3/+4 is correct. It's all to easy to forget the occasional +1 here and there...

- Aesop
Fiendbasher
Agent

Good ≠ Nice

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »

Indeed. Hope I've got them all down properly now and I'm not gonna find out I got something else totally wrong further into the game.

Short maybe a couple silver my sheet should be finalized now. Got the Panache coin 'in hand' atm in case any supplies specific to this adventure will need to be purchased, if that's OK. Oh and I switched the damage bonus on the ring to accuracy.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:06:57 PM by Fiendbasher » Logged

Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »

The current build of Vandarzryx uses Fighter speciality and has him picking up the habit of wearing armour from folk.
I'm considering an alternate build using Grand Specimen (from the Fantasy Craft Database) and taking Draconic Heritage to get thick Hide 3.

Two questions:
1) will you allow Grand Specimen?
2) (everyone) is thick hide 3 enough or in the long run will I have to buy better armour anyway? I want to get into the thick of combat.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »

1) Yes, with a modification. The idea behind the specialty is good, but any 1 species feat and species expert becomes overkill IMO. I am partial to swapping it out for Heroism, can be convinced otherwise. Which 2 lvl 1 species feats are you planning to take?

2) DR 3 is good enough to take the occasional hit, but unless you've got a high defense or some other trick, I wouldn't try my hand at tanking.

- Aesop
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »

Considering your comments (you might be right about Grand Specimen), that I have spend a fair bit of time on the current build, and that altering the build suggests a different personality and history I'm going to stick with the Fighter Speciality.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: