Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 08:40:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  Looking for special gear pick, Pointman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for special gear pick, Pointman  (Read 641 times)
doneatrawhagis
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »

My friends and I are playing a tactical squad based campaign for the next couple of months. We are allowed one unique item, for example one of our group is getting higher caliber armor(Soldier/Brute?) while another is getting two unique pistols(Soldier/Triggerman).

I am a Soldier lvl5/Pointman lvl5, so I am using mainly Chance feats, except for a few range based feats I get from Soldier's Fight On. My feat build is Fortunate, Fortune Favors the Bold, Lady Luck Smiles, and Advanced Officer.

So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what my special item should be. I have Fortes in Explosives, Handguns, Hurled, Rifle, and Vehicle weapons. we have a wheelman so I don't think we need another vehicle. I was fooling around with the idea of using Active Thermal Goggles, but that seems a weak for a specialty item. Thanks in Advance.

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »

I'd go for something that aids your main schtick, backing the group (tactics, Assistance, Action Dice + Chance feats).  Maybe something like a set (enough for the team) of encrypted radio / heads up display tactical glasses, that have digital IDs to show squadmate locations relative to your own.  Lets you know where someone is, if they get pinned down / in trouble, and also stay in contact with the group.  Depending on tech level of the game you could also have it hook into wirelessly in their weapons so you can see ammo use / stores for each of them (using voice commands) as well as stuff like health status (biometric implant).

Dunno if that fits your setting / feel though.  Also might pass over the line of what your GM is letting you have.  Either way, I say go for something that fits into the "support the team" role you seem to have going on, rather then another gun.
tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 04:51:51 AM »

As a GM, I would never allow a full set of land warrior gear for the whole team to be a single item.  Also as a GM, I'd feel rather taken advantage of if someone tried something like that.

My suggestion would be something that is thematically appropriate for your character.  Based on your heavy selection of luck based feats, I'm guessing your usual MO is basically to play it by ear.  So take something that can help you get out of the tough scrapes you find yourself in.  Maybe an awesome satellite phone, or a 007 style watch.  On the other hand, something to prevent situations from going wrong in the first place might also be good.  Maybe a really high quality cover identity.  Or perhaps a vehicle.  If you're trying to think big, a helicopter would fit the bill.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »

As a GM, I would never allow a full set of land warrior gear for the whole team to be a single item.

Doesn't the rules have you get one for each team member as a pick anyway?  Just like a set of radio headsets.  Sure it's Cal 5, but I figured that's what two good unique pistols will cost (my personal favourite pistols are Cal 3, and 2x Cal 3 Gadgets are Cal 5 - using Gadgets to represent "Unique", because I don't have more information).  Same with high caliber armour - Riot Gear is Cal 4, add a few upgrades (Personal Tailoring and Weight Reduction) and it's Cal 5 too.  Seems kinda in line with the rest of his team.  YMMV of course.
Gentry