Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 08:14:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Priest As Arcane Class
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Priest As Arcane Class  (Read 728 times)
LHG
Recruit

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »

A while ago, I saw a post where there was discussion of modifying the Priest class to be an arcane class to make more focused arcane characters.  I cannot find it, though.  Can anyone point me to it, or does anyone have something like this already worked out?
Rhishisikk
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »

Just add Arcane paths and Alignments, I would think.  Hrm... Tauster the Fire Mage from Night Below - come on down!  You're the next contestant on "The Mods are Right"!

Rule #3:  I will never change into a giant snake, it never helps.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »

Take an Alignment and Spell Conversion: Alignment.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »

I've often thought that in a Conan-style game I'd be inclined to have Priests be the only spellcasting path, but not necessarily be particularly religious.
Blankbeard
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »

If you'd rather have a cleric than a priest, you could switch out Path of the Devoted for Circle of Power, then put Path of the Devoted in where the bonus feats are.  Make Acolyte a core ability and give them Subtle and Quick to Anger at first level.

You only get 5 steps along your paths doing it that way. 
LHG
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »

I'm more interested in making the Priest class a non-religious, focused, arcane caster class that doesn't gain circle of power or its equivalent.  Something like an Aeromancer who specializes in Travel and Air, but who doesn't focus completely on casting spells.  I'm trying to come up with good ideas for swapping out some of the other Priest class abilities that are focused around religion.  If I could come up with replacement abilities related to the various Paths, it would be even better.  The problem is that I've seen some of the subtleties of game balance in Fantasy Craft and don't want to inadvertently break anything.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »

Oh.

Maybe you were looking for this?

http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=3274.0

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
LHG
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »

That isn't exactly what I was looking for, but I'm going to steal that, too.  Smiley  Thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: