Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 09:31:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Makeing a renown feat tree
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Makeing a renown feat tree  (Read 349 times)
DTChurch1
Recruit

and great is the reach of its doom...

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:23:19 AM »

me and my buddies have sat down and constructed a feat tree to build off of the Hero of The People/Court/Army talents introduced in the Adventure Companion. however we are having some trouble as we have an idea for a trick we would like to introduce but we cant agree on the power level or the exact means to exiecute it. here are the feats useing the heroic tree as an example:

Savior of The People

Perquisite: Hero of the People, Cannot have more then one savior feat.
Benefit: You may check for recognition an additional time once per session, the base DC of Recognition checks becomes 15 instead of 20. you gain a trick:
   Star Struck (Influence Trick): Huh???

Legendary Hero

Perquisite: Savior of the People
Benefit: Your Heroic Renown increases buy 1 and at the beginning of every adventure you gain an amount of bonus reputation to spend on Heroic Favors equal to your Heroic Renown.

The second feat (Legendary Hero) i would appreciate some feed back on, but quite frankly me and my friends are quite pleased with it and we think for a 3 tier ability it is just right, however the trick in the first feat is the problem. the idea for the feat was an influence trick that caused the Baffle condition. however there are many problems. first off an influence test can effect a large number of people (in fact in some situations an abstract number), the second is that Baffled tends to last a long time compared to many other statuses sense it lasts until the end of the scene. here are some attempts:

Attempt One, based on Yowza:

Star Struck (Influence Trick): If your targets are standard characters they also become Baffled for a number of rounds equal to your heroic renown.

this was shot down by me as too powerful sense I believe it effects far too many people, and my buddies for thinking its too week because it doesnít effect special characters and doesnít last the full scene like normal Baffling. the problem being they believe it would not be a useful ability if you cant effect special characters and that Baffled is weaker then Beguiling. they vaguely purposed:

Star Struck (Influence Trick): your targets also gain a grade of Baffled.

i have one last idea which is to abandon the Yowza trick entirly as a base a look for something else i could throw into the Influence Trick. I'd like it to be an Influence Trick because its a none-combat action, and gives the players the ability to use Impress in a powerful way. so i pulled out the number three (a lot of feats and powers that grant multiple targets to things are in 3) and based something off the breath weapon rules and came out with this:

Star Struck (Influence Trick):  you may force up to three of your targets to make a Will Save (DC 10 + Style Feats + Cha Modifier) or become Baffled.

I donít know how this will be received (considering there veiw on Baffled i think they will belive its underpowered) but it like to here absolutely any idea's on this as I would really like to have a interesting renown feat tree. we have a number of people in the party who would like to use something like this in the game, as there just arenít any feat tree's that make one better at using or obtaining renown or reputation.

Back in my day when you SUCCEEDED a poison save you took 20 damage!
DTChurch1
Recruit

and great is the reach of its doom...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »

I would like to get some feed back on the feats, particularly if people think they could see players actualy use them or not, or any ideas how they might be balanced or improved before i submitted them to the database. I'v been hammering this out some more and abandoned the trick idea, and come up with something more in the vein of the others.

Savior of The People

Perquisite: Hero of the People, Cannot have more then one savior feat.
Benefit: When you make a Earn Income or Foster Good Will check you may roll twice and keep the best result. Also you may now request that people recognize you once each session instead of once each scene, the base DC for this check becomes 15 instead of 20.

Legendary Hero

Perquisite: Savior of the People
Benefit: Your Heroic Renown increases buy 1 and at the beginning of every adventure you gain an amount of bonus reputation to spend on Heroic Favors equal to your Heroic Renown.

Back in my day when you SUCCEEDED a poison save you took 20 damage!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: