Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 12:43:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  Some older show intros
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some older show intros  (Read 37703 times)
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »

I'll bet that you thought that it was safe, didn't you?...

Adam Adamant Lives! Edwardian adventurer Adam Adamant is frozen alive inside of a block of ice, and is thawed out in the swinging 1960s! Highlights from the first exciting episode can be found Here - featuring our hero's origin! (Austin Powers drew its inspiration from this groovy 1966 BBC series.)

The Auld Grump, who went looking for Edwardian espionage inspiration, and found this....

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:48:46 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »

Well, here's one that I had never encountered - I ran into it looking for blues and jazz soundtracks.... Flower Action 009/1 - a 1960s Japanese action series about female cyborg agents....

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* Added link to playlist.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:01:32 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2013, 04:04:44 AM »

That was a live action adaptation of the 009-1 manga.  Same author who did Cyborg 009 (no relation).  He also created Kikaider, the Super Sentai franchise (Power Rangers) and Kamen Rider.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »

Wow, such a venerable thread -- sadly so many of the links are dead.

Wing Commander Academy

The Legend of Prince Valiant

Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

Goldie Gold & Action Jack

Josie and the Pussycats

Josie and the Pussycats In Outer Space

Speed Racer

The Herculoids version 1 & version 2

Moby Dick and Mighty Mightor

Birdman

(New Adventures of) Flash Gordon -- while the series suffered from obvious reuse of footage, because it's an expansion of an animated cinematic release this is some of Filmation's best rotoscoped animation. The whole movie is on youtube; the series starts in media res because they cut out all the footage featuring the Nazis, who were revealed as receiving a helping hand from Ming, invading Poland.

Defenders of the Earth -- King Features Sydnicate, who owned the right to 3 different franchises, jammed them all together into this answer to the Superfriends.

Flash Gordon (1996) -- a French co-production that went the Ultimates route with the property.

Thundarr the Barbarian

Blackstar

Galtar & the Golden Lance -- one of the most gorgeously realised of the 80s cartoons

Young Samson

Centurions

Tigersharks

Might Orbots

Ulysses 31

Space Sentinels

Spider-Woman

Shazzan

Kimba The White Lion

Teknoman

Extreme Ghotbusters -- Not nearly as bad as the name makes it sound, because Kylie.

Project G.e.e.K.e.R.

ReBoot -- looks appalingly clunky by todays standards, but this series was technically accomplished for its time and an important forerunner. A few years later, that trailblazing resulted in

War Planets/Shadow Raiders which took probably one of the singularly most unlikely seeming toy properties and turned it into 2 seasons of storytelling on par with Gargoyles and B:tAS
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:43:54 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2013, 08:58:42 PM »

ReBoot -- looks appalingly clunky by todays standards, but this series was technically accomplished for its time and an important forerunner. A few years later, that trailblazing resulted in

War Planets/Shadow Raiders which took probably one of the singularly most unlikely seeming toy properties and turned it into 2 seasons of storytelling on par with Gargoyles and B:tAS

Ah, Reboot... Hoping the reboot doesn't suck!

And if we are to mention CGI military sci-fi, we ought to bring up:

Starship Troopers: Roughneck Chronicles-Probably the best adaptation of the book.  Warning-due to problems at the studio that made this series, it ends on a cliffhanger.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2013, 11:09:41 PM »

Sunrise's OVA is better, but Roughnecks is still pretty good.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2013, 11:57:19 PM »

The Sweeney - Shut It.

The Auld Grump

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: