Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 11:51:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Classic Topics
| | |-+  Some older show intros
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some older show intros  (Read 37295 times)
Slippery_jim_digris
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:53 PM »

"T"

T.J. Hooker

Team Knight Rider

Time Trax 

Total Recall 2070 

Tru Calling

Twin Peaks 

Dance like it hurts. Make love like you need the money. Work while people are watching.
Slippery_jim_digris
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

Yikes!

I had plumb forgot this thread Shocked

Yeah I know some of the above have been mentioned before but I thought I'd start to make things easier to find.  Tongue Any objections to me adding already mentioned shows into the alphabeticaly sorted thread?

And yes I could start adding these to the wiki but I think I'll wait abit and see what we catch!

James Bolivar DiGris

Dance like it hurts. Make love like you need the money. Work while people are watching.
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2007, 12:05:47 AM »

Hmm, somehow we managed to have Secret Squirrel, but missed the greates rodent secret agent of all time Danger Mouse!

And of course Lancelot Link the chimp from A.P.E.!

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:45 AM »

Okay, one that I used to watch every Sunday - Science Fiction Theater with host Truman Bradley.

And Spycraft gone horribly, horribly wrong - Captain Video!

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:00:53 AM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Salsa
Agent

Why? Just Cause...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2008, 11:29:06 AM »

The secret identifying ring, is so secret that everyone can have it for two wraps and 10 cents Tongue
lol!!!

Which reminds me the identifying ring has been a motif in a lot of cartoons, series and movie jokes.

"Colonel: Why not? This is a type of role-playing game. The point is that you play out your part -- and I expect you to turn in a perfect performance!"
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2008, 02:03:58 PM »

This was my favorite show of the 70's. I never missed an episode. I looked for it for years on tape, but gave up.

Sword Of Justice

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:15:16 PM by NezMaster » Logged

90% of all statistics are wrong.
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »

The secret identifying ring, is so secret that everyone can have it for two wraps and 10 cents Tongue
lol!!!

Which reminds me the identifying ring has been a motif in a lot of cartoons, series and movie jokes.

Actually I see at as a precursor to Transformers et al. Shows designed primarily to sell toys were not new to the 70's. They just took it to a new level.

whiterabbit
Jr. Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »

Perhaps one of you guys can help me remember a couple of shows I've been looking for. The first was a police S.W.A.T. show from the late 80's-early 90's that used Janet Jackson's "Nasty Boys" as it's opening theme song. The second was a show that took old movies and dubbed over new, funny dialogue over it.

ThunderMonkey, you've just put the biggest smile on my face for a long time with that second Electric Company intro. I was 5 years old again for a minute. Grin Does anyone remember the Bloodhound Gang from that show?

If you hack the Vatican server, have you tampered in God's domain?

Come see my comic. It's right up your alley.
Toccata
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2008, 04:31:13 PM »

The one with the old movies would probably be Mystery Science Theather 3000.
The people who worked on it are still around and doing the same stuff in slightly different formats.

rifftrax.com

cinematictitanic.com

Fnord.
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »

Perhaps one of you guys can help me remember a couple of shows I've been looking for. The first was a police S.W.A.T. show from the late 80's-early 90's that used Janet Jackson's "Nasty Boys" as it's opening theme song.
Nasty Boys http://imdb.com/title/tt0098868/
I remember that one.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »

Perhaps one of you guys can help me remember a couple of shows I've been looking for.

The second was a show that took old movies and dubbed over new, funny dialogue over it.

I'm guessing the second show is "Mad Movies." They ran for several years on the USA network. I couldn't find much on you tube. Just a couple of episodes doing Sherlock Holmes. The best one I saw when It was on was a Captain Marvel serial, and they did the original DOA.
MST3K came later and did a slightly different thing.

Mad Movies
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:55:52 PM by NezMaster » Logged

whiterabbit
Jr. Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2008, 09:35:38 PM »

You two rule! I've been looking for the names of those two shows forever and a day! ^_^ MST3K was great, but they did different things than what I was thinking of from Mad Movies. And Nasty Boys (from what little I remember of it) was a great show. Shame it never lasted too long... Sad

Edit: Never knew Dennis Franz was in Nasty Boys...

Slippery_jim_digris
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2008, 11:22:26 PM »

Perhaps one of you guys can help me remember a couple of shows I've been looking for.

The second was a show that took old movies and dubbed over new, funny dialogue over it.

I'm guessing the second show is "Mad Movies." They ran for several years on the USA network. I couldn't find much on you tube. Just a couple of episodes doing Sherlock Holmes. The best one I saw when It was on was a Captain Marvel serial, and they did the original DOA.
MST3K came later and did a slightly different thing.

Mad Movies

Night Flight also did this at least once with J Men Forever

This is hilarious. A friend has a copy that we watch occasionally

James Bolivar DiGris

NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2008, 11:59:10 PM »

YEs, I forgot about J-men forever. I believe it procedes the original Mad Movies, and may be what the orignal poster was thinking of. The two shows are amazingly similar though.

The orignal mad movies used some of the same voices Jay Ward used, which was a great effect. I specifically remember Hunchback of Notre Dame sounding having a cartoon voice that was often used on Bullwinkle.

whiterabbit
Jr. Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2008, 05:21:51 PM »

Just remembered that The Bloodhound Gang was on 3-2-1 Contact.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: