Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 08:47:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Al-Qadim Specialties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al-Qadim Specialties  (Read 1605 times)
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 02:58:21 AM »

I'm wondering about the Mamlul's harsh beating quality; are they supposed to gravitate toward blunt weapons?
Big_Jim
Handler

An integral part of any plan for world domination.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »

Mamluks are professional slave-warriors that are owned (by law) by the Grand Caliph. As such, they are always seen as enforcers of his authority, and are largely treated as 'cops for all intents and purposes. It's the quadi's job to pass judgement, not the mamluk's, so nonlethal weapons are used by mamluks in their role as cops.
Goodlun
Operative

Yeah thats me with my Judo Gi and an AK-47

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »

I know you have done up a Elemental Mage class.  But I think making an Elemental Mage Specialty and using the Force of Nature class to represent a FC version of the Elemental Mage class?
I love the work your doing on this.  I will have to grab  my "golden voyages" out of storage once I can.
Thanks for your hard work and sharing of said work on this stuff its very awesome. 
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 02:36:47 AM »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but...

I was going over old brew, and remembered a feat, "I can fly" for which I'd never been able to make a speciality that really fit.

Now... a Sha'ir is meant to be in touch with genies, which can grant him any spell he likes, but it's pretty hard for Extra Contact to actually represent the power they gave him.  What if a Sha'ir speciality used the I can fly feat instead, and the rest of the speciality represented the contact with genies in other ways (with Free Hint etc.)?

Feat is as follows:

I can Fly
You always have the perfect trick up your sleeve.
Prerequisites: Spellcasting 1+
Benefit: Once per adventure as a free action you may choose a spell. You are considered to know that spell until the end of the current adventure.
Special: This feat may not be taken as a temporary feat.
Big_Jim
Handler

An integral part of any plan for world domination.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »

My idea is the sha'ir is simply too many fiddly bits for a specialty - that why I made a base class for it. That said, your idea is a great compromise.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: