Author Topic: Guardians of the Whispering Knife  (Read 379 times)

Equinox

• Jr. Agent
  • Demagogue in Training
    • View Profile
Guardians of the Whispering Knife
« on: July 04, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »
1. By flavor and visuals, is it fair to say the Guardians are a lot like the League of Assassins from Arrow and the Assassins are a lot like Damien Dhark's Hive from the same?
2. This is sort-of a 2.0 question, but I recall Morgenstern doing an update of the Fringewalker and Shadespeaker for Spycraft 2.0. Are these in the PDF versions of Shadowforce Archer?
Umbrella * Fixer * Unique

React Charisma X: After an action targets Equinox: Wound the acting agent. Redirect the action to another agent. The TN is the acting agent's Craft.

"You were made the moment we hit the door. Now sit back down before someone does something regrettable."

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
Re: Guardians of the Whispering Knife
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:22:43 AM »
Hey there!

The Guardians is a faction we sadly didn't get into very much before the original Shadowforce Archer line was discontinued. I had originally intended them to be an ancient organization, cemented in traditions dating back thousands of years, which had been forced out of seclusion to grapple with the myriad mystic threats popping up during that storyline.

After the Hand of Glory, which didn't really live up to my expectations on the narrative side largely because I was overloaded heading up three RPG game lines at the same time, there was going to be a lull in mystic activity for a while. We'd focus on the Shop and its storyline, which was more about the Psion Imperative, and then swing back to mysticism when we finally got to the Guardians sourcebook in the last of the original wave of books.

Alas, none of that happened and so the Guardians remain an unrealized corner of the IP. Perhaps we'll do more with the faction when I get to the Series Archer reboot for Third Edition, but that's far enough away from my desk right now that I can't say with any certainty. (To clarify, the Series Archer reboot is far from my desk - not Spycraft Third Edition, which is still in active if very slow development.)

To answer your question about the faction to the best of my limited ability, I could see the Arrowverse League of Assassins being a decent initial model, though I wanted the Guardians to be a lot more elusive. Imagine the League operating out of K'un-Lun and adhering to a social and political caste system that's equal parts Thuggee, Illuminatus, and Star Chamber, and you're closer to the mark.

The classes you mention were introduced in the following books...

Hope that helps! Happy gaming, and Stay Crafty!
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.