Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 01:47:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Recruiting] Academy of Certified Explorers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Recruiting] Academy of Certified Explorers  (Read 1446 times)
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 12:51:04 AM »

I haven't actually read any of the potter books nor seen any but the first one. It's going to be rather serious though. I have a certain style that usually deals with serious themes but has plenty of humor. It won't be a nice polished school with ties and skirts and whatnot. They teach adventuring.. by fire pretty much, but I don't want to give away too much.

I like room for character development and character-centric story lines. If you have a less than serious concept, I hope that at least you give it enough versatility and robustness of character to deal with what might be thrown at it. I enjoy personal conflict, romance, and strong ties both to other PCs as well as NPCs.

As far as campaign qualities go, I haven't 100% decided, but the basics will hold: Miracles and Sorcery. I tend to like my heroes to be heroic, better than average and larger than life, so I have a stat array that has suited me well in past games. 18, 16, 14, 14, 12, 10.

If you want to see snippets of other students I've made to populate the class you will be joining, feel free to look at the following link, if you please:
https://sites.google.com/site/fcspades/npc-cast

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 01:33:06 AM »

As far as campaign qualities go, I haven't 100% decided, but the basics will hold: Miracles and Sorcery. I tend to like my heroes to be heroic, better than average and larger than life, so I have a stat array that has suited me well in past games. 18, 16, 14, 14, 12, 10.

Shocked

Um, you do realize that's 58 points, right?

Look at the Larger-Than-Life Heroes quality.

As for what you've said, might I recommend:

Larger-Than-Life Heroes: 40 attribute points instead of 36. Allows 4 14s and 2 12s as a starting array. Trust me, in FC 36 points is usually plenty, 40 will allow some really strong PCs.

Bold Heroes: Action dice are the defining 'touched by destiny' element in the system. Bold Heroes give the PCs more dice to play with per session, more uses of Starting AD limited abilities, and makes the dice more likely to explode.

Complex Heroes: Encourages players to go for sub-plots by doubling the XP reward.

Adventure Insurance, Reputable Heroes: Since you've described adventurers as the rock stars and sports legends of your world, the rebate on lost Prizes and boosted Reputation awards seems to fit.

After that, consider magic and the gods in your world and look over the sub qualities for Sorcery and Miracles.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 02:36:00 AM »

I understand the amazed face, but if you think about it it's not really the same as 58 points. It's one configuration with which you could spend 58 points, but it is also the only way they can be ordered. I find that in practice, when I've used this method before, it makes only slight difference. The people who normally go middle of the road with stat allocation gets a couple scores higher and a couple scores lower than usual, and the ones that stack into one stat have a more well balanced allocation. I've never really had a problem with it, especially since I tend to make my fights few but hard fought.

I like Complex Heroes and the adventure insurance.

ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 03:41:19 AM »

On the other hand I'm more than willing to go with majority preference.

ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »

Alright, those of you who are interested and able. I have an OpenRPG room up on the "Blackstar Games Server".  The room is called [FC] Academy of Certified Explorers. I'm going to leave it up for most of the day, but I'll be in and out. Drop by if you want to try out the program or chat about the world, the game, your characters, or whatever.

Server: Blackstar Games Server
Room: [FC] Academy of Certified Explorers

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 01:40:25 AM »

got most of my character done, do you have  a way i could send you the character sheet pdf?

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »

Got the room up, hope to see you guys there.

Server: Blackstar Games Server
Room: [FC] Academy of Certified Explorers

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 09:22:30 PM »

oops missed that post. sorry.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »

I'm still trying to start this, so those of you who were interested should get in contact with me.

a.godbehere.was.here
at gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: