Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 01:02:01 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Recruiting] Academy of Certified Explorers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Recruiting] Academy of Certified Explorers  (Read 1459 times)
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2011, 07:12:39 PM »

Time: Wednesday Evening, 6pm CST start time.
Platform: OpenRPG

The peoples of Crux are hardy, races made to fight against the onslaught of the outer planes, but civilization has made them soft and weak. Who then is left to stay the tides of monstrous creatures left over from the creation wars? Well.. Adventurers.

Adventurers are only made through trials, the ones that don't die are enriched by the experience, they become more than average, larger than life. In many places they even become celebrity. Indeed it is enviable. It is, however, rare that one reaches old age. On an extended timeline they are bound to meet their match, no matter how far they come. So it's safe to say the ones that make it to retirement know what they're doing.

When these retired adventurers create a school to pass on their knowledge, their tricks, it is instantly popular. The students are known as Spades, and those that have graduated have gone on to enjoy at least moderate success.

You will play a new class of youngsters (human age 14-16) that have been sponsored to join the Academy. Their methods are kept secret, you aren't sure what to expect on the harsh island of Resistance, but you're sure that if there's such a thing as destiny, it will be awaiting you there.

https://sites.google.com/site/cruxsetting/ - the WIP Crux site
https://sites.google.com/site/fcspades/home - the WIP Academy site.

If you are interested, reply here!

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »

i am interested, i have an elf build i would love to try.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »

I foresee many "let's call a spade a spade" jokes. But that might just be me.  Smiley

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:06:06 PM »

Cool, foproy. Are you familiar with OpenRPG? Do you have any sort of 'messenger' programs? MSN, GoogleTalk, whathaveyou...

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:09:07 PM »

not really like i said interested. and a fast learner.  i also have a windows live account so messenger wont be a problem.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:11:05 PM by foproy » Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 10:18:14 PM »

Well, OpenRPG.. http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg should be on there somewhere. It's a chat based program made with python. It basically provides a place to chat, a dice rolling mechanism, and a simple map viewer for combat maps, if we go that route.

I already have two or three others, so really I'm just looking to round out the group. A couple more should do. 

What sort of elf character are we talking?

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:58 PM »

scout, probably.

ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 04:34:32 PM »

Well, Foproy, me and another player who is also playing an elf did some brainstorming last night and came up with some general ideas about the various elf nations.

You can see the write-up along with very very basic descriptions of how the nations fit into crux ...
here: https://sites.google.com/site/cruxsetting/aryvandir

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »

i was looking to do someone very laid back and relaxed.

ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 06:48:22 PM »

Have you tried to get OpenRPG at all?

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »

just downloaded it.

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 10:42:07 PM »

When were you looking at playint?

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
ghaele
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »

Wednesday Evening, 6pm CST start time.

I'll probably have a meet and character discussion type thing tomorrow, not mandatory, and then hopefully start the week after.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 11:29:16 PM »

also campaign qualities?

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 11:50:10 PM »

I'm interested, but I'll be working tomorrow until the day after. Not a normal thing.

How serious are you planning? I mean is  this more like early Potter, late Potter, somewhere in between, or more in either direction?

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: