Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2014, 11:56:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  Company Update? (Not sure where to put this)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Company Update? (Not sure where to put this)  (Read 739 times)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »

Hey guys, been off the forum since early this year (RL getting in the way) and when I had a spare moment to log on and check updates the forum loaded with 20 pages of unread topics, then had a message about undergoing an update, and then 0 unread topics.  I tried to do a search and go through some pages but couldn't find anything.

In short: Has there been a 2011 State of the Company, or any official updates on products this year?  All I could find lists Spycraft 3rd and 10,000 Bullets as coming out 2011's Spring - which I think for you American's has already passed (so not a likely release date), but said source is also over a year old now, with nothing else I could find containing dates.

Also add to this list the other stuff from the last State of the Company that I'm unaware of the status of - Spookbusters, Stone Sentinels, Spellbound (esp. Spellbound!), Mistborn and those gear books - just for the sake of completeness.

Obviously this thread isn't just for the Crafty folk, anyone pointing me to (a) thread(s) with some updates would be great - my search-fu seems to be utterly failing me today.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »

Hey all,

There hasn't been a 2011 State of the Company yet and we're not sure when we'll do one. We tend to schedule them for periods when we have the most news, and right now we're in a holding pattern with a lot of things and in private development (aka not quite ready for prime time) with quite a few others. Also, as you may or may not have heard us mention, we no longer talk about release dates before a product is finished and either on its way to the printers or set for PDF release in the soon-ish future.

With all that said, here's a brief overview of the "states" of various projects (remember, all of this is subject to change at any time)...

- Spellbound is our next release, though it's largely neck-and-neck with Mistborn. Both are closing in but there's still work to do.

- Gear for the Ages is still in early days but it's still for a line that's already here so that puts it ahead of the pack compared to many other projects.

- Spycraft Third Edition and Ten Thousand Bullets are being developed in tandem, and as we dug into the nuts and bolts of them we quickly realized that Spring 2011 was far too ambitious: we could have pushed them out but they would have been half-baked. No one wants that, so we've pushed them off to 2012 with no set time frame. We'll be updating you as they come together.

- The remainder of the Spycraft 2.0 library - Born of Ashes and the rest of the World on Fire mateiral, plus the Saturday Morning Spycraft titles - are still slated for release at some point ahead of Spycraft Third Edition.

More as we know for sure. Until then, any more concrete info be premature.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:59 PM »

Thanks for the update Pat (such as it is) - I figured I must have missed something (having not read the forums in ~6 months) but all I could find was the update from earlier last year (which is obviously well out of date).
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »

Thanks for the update Pat (such as it is) - I figured I must have missed something (having not read the forums in ~6 months) but all I could find was the update from earlier last year (which is obviously well out of date).

As I say, we don't talk about ETAs anymore until we know they're dead on. We do occasionally answer questions like this though (for example, I've answered the Spycraft Third/10kB question at least a half dozen times on the web, and a couple times here before, and of course tons at shows).

For ongoing product updates, you'll want to subscribe to our Product Updates RSS, or the full Need to Know RSS if you also want company news (from the front page).

In fact, I have an update going up in a little while about Spellbound and Mistborn, and I expect you'll see a lot of activity on the blog throughout this month. With any luck, you'll probably see much more regular posts there from now on, though it always depends on what we're working on (sometimes we can't actually talk about it, or we haven't made the right kind of progress). Wink
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:38:26 PM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »