Author Topic: How do you determine "error range"?  (Read 600 times)

Geek2theRight

• Recruit
    • View Profile
How do you determine "error range"?
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »
I know what I can do as a GM if someone rolls within their error range on an attack/skill/etc. check. I also see feats and abilities in various places that temporarily or permanently increase/decrease your error range.

What I don't see anywhere in this book, even after checking every page listing in the index, is how to calculate what your error range for anything is in the first place. Does it just start at "1" for everything? I assume not since there are ability specifically to reduce threat range that would seem to be meaningless if it's already so low, but nothing seems to say one way or the other. There isn't even a blank on the charsheet in the back of the book for "error range" even though there's one for "threat range", and even though it seems like it's just as important a part of the system. This is really confusing me.

aegis

• Control
  • A little dab'll do ya.
    • View Profile
    • le Scriptorium
Re: How do you determine "error range"?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:20:59 PM »
Under Special Skill Results (page 65) and Special Attack Results (page 207), it is said that unless mentioned otherwise, error ranges are 1s and threat ranges are 20s.

Geek2theRight

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: How do you determine "error range"?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »
Yay, thanks! It's every bit as simple as I had hoped it would be.  ;D