Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 07:13:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Fiction and Story Hour
| | |-+  "It's like TNG, only we're @$$h*les." [Session Report: Rogue Trader]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "It's like TNG, only we're @$$h*les." [Session Report: Rogue Trader]  (Read 944 times)
ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:34:02 AM »

So begins what will be a very strange campaign of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader. I can't recall everything that happened tonight, but worry not, it was mostly character creation. Next week I'll have notes and I'll be bringing a field recorder to the sessions so I can give much more detailed stories, than the general synopses that were in my "Five Adventurers..." thread. So, let's see what I can remember.

Dramatis Personae

The Rogue Trader
A noble born in the central worlds of the Imperium. He was from an influential family that attended court on Terra itself. He orchestrated the demise of a political rival, unaware that getting caught doing such a thing was a bad thing to do. He has come into possession of a noteworthy Warrant of Trade, sending him far from the center of the Empire while things blow over. While he is off "politically laying low", he has attracted an odd command crew to his ship.
Player: Bo

Arch-Militant #1
At one time, this warrior was a psyker, who was overwhelmed by a demon from the warp. As he stabbed himself with his special dagger to end his life, something strange happened: he didn't die. Instead, the demon was purged from him, but so was his connection to the Warp. He is now a... untouchable? That word for being a blank spot in the void. The wound from the dagger has not healed, either. He's a man who's seen a lot and has found his way onto the Rogue Trader vessel.
Player: Trotsky

Arch-Militant #2
I only remember a bit about this character's background. He was a Child of the Creed, I know that. At any rate, this warrior's faith in the God Emperor is strong, shielding him from the worst that the universe has to throw at him. His devotion to the Emperor knows no bounds and his twin flame pistols are ready to purge the heretics the Rogue Trader will surely come across. ((His character's mannerisms were based off Inferno from Beast Wars, a fact we picked up on part way through character creation.))
Player: Mike

The Void-Master
On the fence about this character's gender, s/he will either be a really butch female, or a really pretty male. So, the rest of us will possibly end up very confused as well. Also, a direction this character may go in is to be mostly cybernetic in a creepy way ((think KOS-MOS or Nu-13/Lambda-11)). Born on an Imperial world, the ship's pilot will... do pilot-y things. I haven't heard much about this character's plans or backstory, yet. At the very least, s/he'll have his/her captain's back.
Player: Shannon

The Explorator
I honestly don't recall much about this character. I remember him being from a Forge World and that's about it. I also remember him picking up one of the extra cybernetic arms and I think he put a las pistol in it. He was sitting on the other end of the table from me, that's my excuse.
Player:His name... escapes me. I just met him tonight.

The Seneschal
Spymaster and master trader who... I don't know what he's all about. I remember him being from a Hive world and having been either a scavenger or a scrapegrace. For some crazy reason he seems to have some aims at deposing the Rogue Trader. To what end, we can only guess. The Rogue Trader has already begun taking precautions against mutiny attempts.
Player: J.R.

The Navigator: Marcus Nostromo
Born far from the Imperium to the Rogue Navigator House Nostromo, Marcus' genes have been mucked with over and over again. He firmly believes that he is the next step in Navigator evolution. His powers are stronger, at the cost of an unnerving appearance. His face is featureless and his body is deathly pale and totally hairless. This doesn't bother him at all. Needing the skills of a navigator and in no position to negotiate, the Rogue Trader brought Marcus onto his ship where he serves faithfully, if stand-offishly.
Player: Me

Next Week we'll be finishing up character creation and creating our ship. I'll have proper notes and such by then. Also, many of us will have back stories planned out better as well, not to mention names. Wink

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »

I don't know what this is going to be about, but I already love the title.

(As an aside, I'm still surprised that FFG went ahead with Black Crusade.  This is the closest we'll ever see to a Munchkin RPG produced without irony. Evil)

ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:11:36 PM »

I don't know what this is going to be about, but I already love the title.

(As an aside, I'm still surprised that FFG went ahead with Black Crusade.  This is the closest we'll ever see to a Munchkin RPG produced without irony. Evil)

The whole group of people who are experienced at playing Inquisitor, Dark Heresy, and ... Darkwatch? Deathwatch? Anyway, they all look at Black Crusade and go "Ehhhh......"

Also, the title was my roommate's response to me as I was describing what it was like to be a Rogue Trader.

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: