Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 05:44:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [FantasyCraft] Class Conversion Exercise - Totemist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FantasyCraft] Class Conversion Exercise - Totemist  (Read 1117 times)
Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:24:40 AM »

Ok, so since I have been on a conversion kick of late, I figured I’d finally dig up this old thread with Sletchman (http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=3344.0) and finally take a swing at an import of the Totemist to FC.

This was a very hard class to import. FC’s rigid class structure made it rather hard to get the abilities of the original class to fall into place, but I think I’ve gotten as many compromises and tweaks to the progressions as I could manage to get the same end results using the Crafty structure.

Also before it gets asked: Why not just make “Essentia” as Spell Points and make it a “magic class” rather than a whole new power source? The primary problem I saw with this was the problem of stacking Totemist with other spellcasters. You could basically take a few levels of totemist to gain a few minor meld benefits and dump all of the bonus spell points into spell use. I didn’t think that would work well. The resource of ‘essentia’ is meant to be a class specific resource only. Along the same lines, I saw no need to make another “Spellcasting” skill for the use of meldshaping.

One other issue I am having is that part of the point of the incarnum magic is the fact that the soulmelds replace magic items, which are a major assumption in D&D. This doesn’t hold true for FC at all. Even the concept of body slots is a stretch for FC, and I’m not certain how much of an issue that it really makes for the class.

A few other things bug me, like whether come of the powers should give more than grade I natural attacks, whether the poisons should just be switched to faster acting poisons since the 2 poisons used take effect 1 minute after being used (and that is with the use of fast-acting). So I’ld like to look for thoughts on these issues as well.

However, with that said, here is the first draft of a raw import of the class. I have also attached a .pdf version for those who want to take a close look in a better format.  The download (Download Here) (pw: fantasycraft). Let me know if there are problems with the link. I haven’t used 4Shared since they went pay and the new free system is a bit awkward, but my normal short term link site isn’t working currently.

<REVISION 1>
Totemist: Totemist have a direct and primal link to the bestial spirits of nature and learn to harvest the magical energies of nature and shape it into magical bestial powers.

TOTEMIST
Totemists have a soul’s deep connection to the totemic bestial spirits of the natural world. Totemists are thus often closely associated with the wilderness and wilderness cultures, much like many scouts and nature priests. Most totemists spend their early years more concerned with survival than with formal education and thus basic needs come before less essential desires. Over the years you have found that you have a direct connection to the primal bestial spirits of nature and have learned how to tap into that connection to manifest wondrous powers, much like priests do through their devotion and how mages do through controlling magical energy. Unlike both of those classes however, your energy comes from within.
      Depending on your campaign, a Totemist could be...
•   A banished tribesman seeking to find a place in civilized culture
•   A devoted spiritual leader and shaman of the natural order, manifesting the powers of your patron spirits
•   A legendary member of an elite sect of tribal totemic warriors
•   An avatar of the great nature spirit, sent to restore balance to the world
•   A cursed warrior trying to contain the influence of foreign spirits

Party Role: Combatant/Wildcard. The totemist captures the fury of the bestial spirits of nature, but are as diverse in their abilities as the creatures of the world are diverse.

CLASS FEATURES
   Favored Attributes: Constitution, Strength, Dexterity
   Class Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Blend, Medicine, Notice, Resolve, Ride, Search, Sneak, Survival
   Skill Points: 6+INT
   Vitality: 9+CONmod
   Proficiencies: 4

BAB: Medium 1
FORT: High 2
REF: High 2
WILL: Low 0
DEF: Medium 1
INIT: Medium 1
Lifestyle: Low 0
Legend: Low 0
Essentia: As Mage SP (1-20) 1

1. Meldshaping, Totemic Bond
2. Chakra Binds
3. Additional Melds
4. Totemic Empowerment
5. Bonus Feat
6. Invested Powers
7. Additional Melds
8. Rebind Totem Meld (2/session)
9. Bonus Feat, Invested Powers
10. Empowered Meld (+1)
11. Chakra Binds, Additional Melds
12. Totemic Empowerment, Invested Powers
13. Bonus Feat
14. Totem Embodiment
15. Additional Melds, Invested Powers
16. Rebind Totem Meld (4/session)
17. Bonus Feat
18. Invested Powers
19. Chakra Binds, Additional Melds
20. Totemic Empowerment, Empowered Meld (+2)

CORE ABILITY
      Totemic Bond: You gain 2 NPC Qualities as permanent character traits from the list below. Also, once per scene as a free action, you may spend and roll up to 3 action dice to gain a number of essentia equal to the result. These action dice cannot explode.
NPC Qualities: Aquatic I, Chameleon I, Darkvision I, Fearless I, Feral, Improved Carrying Capacity, Improved Sense (choose visual, hearing or scent), Light Sleeper, Superior Climber I, Superior Jumper I, Superior Runner I, Superior Swimmer I, Superior Traveler I

CLASS ABILITIES
      Meldshaping: Your primary ability is to take on the qualities of the bestial totemic spirits of nature, called melds. These melds are personal abilities and cannot be given to others, represented by a glowing blue apparitional appearance of a bestial trait. All melds must be chosen and shaped at the same time and no meld slot may be left open to shape later. These melds remain shaped until you choose to unshaped it in favor of another meld.
   At Level 1, once per session, as a 1-minute action, you may choose and shape any 2 melds from the list of totemic melds. Your meldshaper level is equal to you Class Level, and any DCs for saving throws against your melds is 10+ number of essentia invested + your CON modifier. For any effect that allows you to cast spells your Caster Level equals your meldshaper level.
   At each level you also gain a number of essentia (see Table: Totemist), creating a pool of inner spirit power which can be invested into your soulmelds to increase power. Each round as a free action, you can invest a certain number of essentia into your melds up to the maximum allowed by your Career Level (see Table: Essentia Capacity). This essentia remains invested in those melds until you reallocate them and applies to both the meld and its chakra bind effects, if appropriate. In addition, you may have some class abilities that may have essentia invested in them, which unlike melds must have essentia invested into them at the beginning of the day and remain invested for the entire day.
   Every meld occupies a chakra, even if it is not bound to it. When a meld occupies a chakra, you can still wear and gain benefits from magic items that occupy the corresponding body slot. The meld appears floating in the air around that part of the body or simply superimposed over it and any other gear you might be wearing on that part of your body. Some melds may occupy more than one chakra, in which case you choose which chakra you want it to occupy.
   The chakras correspond to body slots as follows: Crown (anything worn on the head); Feet (any footwear); Hands (any glove or gauntlet); Arms (any bracer or bracelet); Brow (anything worn over the eyes); Shoulders (any form of cloak, cape or mantle); Throat (anything worn around the neck such as amulets, brooches, medallions, necklaces, periapts and scarabs); Waist (any belts); Heart (vests, vestments, shirts, and partial armors), Soul (any moderate suit of armor or full robe). You also have 1 additional chakra that binds no body slot, the Totem chakra.

Table: Essentia Capacity
Career Level   Essentia Capacity
1st – 5th   1
6th – 11th   2
12th – 17th   3
18th – 20th   4

Chakra Binds: Chakras are divided into categories and you may bind chakras to only a certain number of chakras at a time. At Level 2, you may bind up to 2 melds that you shape to the lesser chakras (Totem, Crown, Feet or Hands), granting you new powers. Binding a meld to a chakra closes the body slot associated with the chakra so that you cannot also benefit from a magic item worn on the body slot associated with that chakra. At the same time that you choose which melds to shape you must also choose which melds to bind to your chakras. No chakra may have more than 1 meld bound to it and chakra binds last until the meld is re-shaped.
   The Totem chakra works slightly different than other chakras. This chakra is not associated with any location on the body, but rather represents your connection to the wild soul energy of nature, embodied in the magical beasts of the world. When you bind a meld to your totem chakra, you take on characteristics of the creature represented by the meld, usually including a limited physical transformation. Any meld bound to your totem chakra has an essentia capacity 1 higher than the normal capacity for other melds.
   At Level 11, you may bind up to 4 melds that you shape to the intermediate chakras (Arms, Brow, Shoulders, and Throat) as well as the lesser chakras.
   At Level 19, you may bind up to 6 melds that you shape to the greater chakras (Waist, Heart, and Soul) as well as the lesser and intermediate chakras.

Additional Melds: At Levels 3, 7, 11, 15, and 19, you can shape 2 additional melds. No two melds may occupy the same chakra.

Totemic Empowerment: At Levels 4, 12, and 20, you choose one of the following abilities. You may only choose each selection once unless otherwise noted.
•   Bonus Essentia: You gain 2 extra points of essentia.
•   Double Bind: You gain the ability to bind a single meld to your totem chakra and to another chakra at the same time, gaining the special benefit of both chakra binds.
•   Double Chakra: When you choose this ability, choose 1 chakra to which you can bind melds. This chakra can now have 2 of your shaped melds occupy and be bound to it simultaneously, but still counts as 2 chakra binds.
•   Empowered Intermediate Chakra: When you bind a meld to one the lesser chakras (Crown, Feet or Hands) you gain the following minor benefit.
o   Crown: +1 bonus to Will saves.
o   Feet: +1 bonus to Acrobatics/Balance and Sneak checks.
o   Hands: +1 bonus to Athletics checks.
•   Empowered Lesser Chakra: When you bind a meld to one the lesser chakras (Arms, Brow, Shoulders, and Throat) you gain the following minor benefit.
o   Arms: +2 bonus to Grapple checks.
o   Brow: +1 bonus to Notice and Search checks.
o   Shoulders: +1 bonus to Reflex saves.
o   Throat +1 bonus to Bluff and Impress checks.
•   Expanded Capacity: When you shape your melds, you may choose 1 of those meld and increase its essentia capacity by 1. Each time you shape melds you can change which meld gains this bonus. You may take this ability multiple times, each time effecting 1 additional meld while shaping.
•   Improved Invested Power: The essentia capacity of your invested powers improves by 1.

Bonus Feat: At Levels 5, 9, 13 and 17, you gain 1 additional Unarmed Combat or Terrain feat.

Invested Powers: At Levels 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18, you choose one of these abilities. If the ability can have essentia invested into it, once the amount of essentia invested is chosen, it cannot be altered and remains invested for the day.
•   Invested Dodge: You gain 1 point of essentia, and once per day, you can invest essentia into this ability, gaining a +1 dodge bonus to Defense per essentia invested.
•   Invested Fortitude: You gain 1 point of essentia, and once per day, you can invest essentia into this ability, gaining a +1 bonus to Fortitude saves per essentia invested.
•   Invested Meldshape: You gain 1 point of essentia, and once per day, you can invest essentia into this ability, increasing the DC of any meldshaped ability that grants a saving throw by +1 per essentia invested.
•   Invested Reflex: You gain 1 point of essentia, and once per day, you can invest essentia into this ability, gaining a +1 bonus to Reflex saves per essentia invested.
•   Invested Speed: You gain 1 point of essentia, and once per day, you can invest essentia into this ability, gaining a +5 ft. bonus to speed per essentia invested.
•   Invested Toughness: You gain 1 point of essentia, and once per day, you can invest essentia into this ability, gaining 1 Vitality per Career Level per essentia invested.
•   Invested Will: You gain 1 point of essentia, and once per day, you can invest essentia into this ability, gaining a +1 bonus to Will saves per essentia invested.

Rebind Totem Meld: At Level 8, twice per session, you can unbind a meld from your totem chakra and bind a different meld to that chakra, as long as the new meld is one you already have shaped. This requires a full round action and you are flat-footed until the start of your next initiative count.
   At Level 16 you can use this ability 4 times per session.

Empowered Meld: At Levels 10 and 20, the essentia capacity of any meld bound to your totem chakra increases by an additional 1.

Totem Embodiment: At Level 14, once per session as a free action, you gain the ability to greatly enhance the power of your totem chakra, doubling the normal essentia capacity for the totem chakra for a number of minutes equal to your Constitution bonus (minimum 1).

Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:26:02 AM »

TOTEMIST MELDS
•   Crown: Beast Tamer Circlet, Frost Helm, Hunter’s Circlet, Shedu Crown, Threefold Mask of the Chimera
•   Feet:  Dread Carapace, Landshark Boots, Totem Avatar, Urskan Greaves, Worg Pelt
•   Hands: Bloodtalons, Kruthik Claws, Rageclaws, Sphinx Claws, Worg Pelt
•   Arms: Dread Carapace, Girallon Arms, Kraken Mantle, Lammasu Mantle, Riding Bracers, Totem Avatar
•   Brow: Basilisk Mask, Disenchanter Mask, Great Raptor Mask, Krenshar Mask, Unicorn Horn, Yrthak Mask
•   Shoulders: Displacer Mantle, Kruthik Claws, Lammasu Mantle, Pegasus Cloak, Phase Cloak, Shadow Mantle, Totem Avatar
•   Throat: Ankheg Breastplate, Behir Gorget, Brass Mane, Gorgon Mask, Winter Mask
•   Waist: Heart of Fire, Lamia Belt, Manticore Belt, Phoenix Belt, Wormtail Belt
•   Heart: Blink Shirt, Dread Carapace, Shedu Crown, Totem Avatar
•   Soul: Threefold Mask of the Chimera

Reminder: All totemist melds can be bound to the totem chakra, but the meld must occupy a different chakra, so they are not listed by totem chakra on this table.

Note: All natural attack stats assume Medium size. Adjust as normal for variations in size.

ANKHEG BREASTPLATE
   Chakra: Throat, Totem
Shaped: A thick, glittering, greenish, chitinous breastplate forms around your torso held together by soft tissue and muscle where leather and chain would be in conventional armor.
Shaped Effect: You gain benefits as if wearing the following partial armor: Ankheg Breastplate (DR 3 / Resistances: Edged 2 / DP: -0 / ACP: -0 / Speed: --- / Disguise: -8 / Const: Hard 3 / Weight: 0 lbs.).
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, the DR and Edged Resistance provided by this armor increases by 1.
Throat Bound: The greenish chitin of your armor spreads up your neck and blending into your skin.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may spit acid in a line 5 ft. long plus 5 ft. per point of essentia invested line, inflicting 2d6 plus 1d6 per point of essentia invested + your Con modifier acid damage. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).
Totem Bound: The greenish chitin of your armor spreads up your neck to your face, forming serrated mandibles like those of a giant insect.
Bind Effect: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20). For each point of essentia invested, your bite also deals 1d4 acid damage.

BASILISK MASK
   Chakra: Brow, Totem
Shaped: A hideous, reptilian mask with red-brown scales, a protruding lower jaw with teeth jutting up from it and bony spines sticking up from the top of the mask, forms around or over your face
   Shaped Effect: You gain the Darkvision I NPC quality.
Essentia: The first point of essentia invested grants you Darkvision II, and each additional point of essentia invested increases your visual range increments by +30 ft.
Brow Bound: The mask merges with your face and your eyes appear to become those of a basilisk.
   Bind Effect: While this meld is bound, you gain Night Fighting as a temporary feat.
Totem Bound: Your eyes glow with a pale green radiance.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a half action you may make a gaze attack (see FC p223): Petrifying Gaze (Fort DC or be turned to stone for 1d6 rounds). For each point of essentia invested, the duration increases by +1d6.

BEAST TAMER CIRCLET
   Chakra: Crown, Totem
Shaped: A gleaming silver band encircles your forehead.
Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus to Survival/Breed Animal and Train Animal skill checks and the disposition of non-adversary animals increases by 5.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, the bonus to Survival/Breed Animal and Train Animal skill checks increases by +2 and the disposition of non-adversary animals increases by another 5.
Crown Bound: The circlet fuses with your skin forming small silver-blue tendrils like tiny veins under your skin.
Bind Effect: You gain the ability to communicate with any animal at-will, as if using the Tongues I spell. You may also communicate with beasts in any round in which you invested essentia in this meld.
Totem Bound: You manifest long silvery hair reminiscent of a beast’s mane instead of the normal circlet.
   Bind Effect: You may cast Calm Emotion once per scene per point of essentia invested

BEHIR GORGET
Shaped: You form a large, softly blue glowing gorget around your neck and that tapers to a point above your breastbone, which fades from dark blue at the back to light blue in the front.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus to skill checks made to resist being Bull Rushed or Tripped.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain Electricity Resistance 5.
Throat Bound: The forget merges with your skin and elongates your neck to appear blue-scaled and reptilian.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may breathe electricity in a 5 ft. long plus 5 ft. per point of essentia invested line, inflicting 2d6 plus 1d6 per point of essentia invested + your Con modifier electricity damage. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).
Totem Bound: The plate-like appearance of your gorget spreads to incorporate your whole head and your face lengthens and your jaw grows monstrous and sprouting sharp teeth in your mouth.
Bind Effect: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20). For each point of essentia invested, your bite also deals 1d4 electricity damage.

BLINK SHIRT
   Chakra: Heart, Totem
Shaped: You form a rough-looking garment of coarse-brown fur and feathers over your armor and clothing.
   Shaped Effect: You may cast Dimension Door once per scene.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you may cast Dimension Door once more per scene.
Heart Bound: The blink shirt now seems immaterial and ghostly.
Bind Effect: You may as a full action, become incorporeal for a total number of rounds per session equal to your meldshaper level, or until you spend a full action to consciously become corporeal. You instantly become corporeal if you fall unconscious or die.
Totem Bound: You retain the blink shirt and also take on a hunched somewhat canine appearance.
   Bind Effect: When you cast the Dimension Door spell granted by this meld, you may do so as a half action.

BLOODTALONS
   Chakra: Hands, Totem
Shaped: You form a pair of ghostly, violet, glowing, three-toed talons with sharp claws around your hands.
Shaped Effect: You gain the Ferocity NPC Quality, allowing you to act normally even when dying. You still die if you have less than –9 wounds.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain a +2 insight bonus to Notice checks.
Hands Bound: Instead of ghostly talons, your hands turn violet.
   Bind Effect: Your unarmed weapons gain the finesse quality.
Totem Bound: Your hands become red-orange and scaly like the talons of a blood hawk.
Bind Effect: You gain a Claw natural attack (Claw I x2: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 20; upgrades: bleed). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack rolls with this attack.

BRASS MANE
Shaped: You form a feral leonine mask that includes a coarse mane of thick, brass-colored hair.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 bonus on Intimidate checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain an additional +2 insight bonus to Intimidate checks.
Throat Bound: The hair of your mask’s mane extends down your neck and acquire brassy scales that cover your throat and reach down to your breastbone.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may make a Fatiguing Roar attack (10 ft. cone; Fortitude save or become fatigued). For every point of essentia invested, the range of the cone increases by 10 ft.
Totem Bound: Your face blends into the mask, your jaws growing longer and sprouting huge fangs.
Bind Effect: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack.

DISENCHANTER MASK
Shaped: You form a ghostly mask of silvery scales with a long snout, clubbed protrusions at the crown and a long forked tongue.
   Shaped Effect: You may cast Detect Magic at will.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain a +2 insight bonus to Knowledge checks to learn the Discipline of spells you sense with Detect Magic.
Brow Bound: Your mask binds to your face and your eyes become solid black.
   Bind Effect: You may cast Identify I at will.
Totem Bound: Your face lengthens and shapes into the mask you wear, and the dangling tongue of the mask becomes your own.
   Bind Effect: You may cast Counter Magic I once per scene.

DISPLACER MANTLE
   Chakra: Shoulder, Totem
Shaped: You form a cloak of blue-black fur that wraps around your shoulders and hangs down your back to the waist.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 bonus to Sneak checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain an additional +2 insight bonus to Sneak checks.
Shoulder Bound: The midnight hue of the mantle spreads into the skin of your shoulders and upper arms.
   Bind Effect: You may cast Blur once per scene.
Totem Bound: A pair of tentacles extends from your shoulder blades that end in pads ridged with sharp horns.
Bind Effect: You gain a Tentacle natural attack (Tentacle Slap I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20; upgrades: reach +1). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to damage rolls with this attack.

DREAD CARAPACE
   Chakra: Arms, Feet, Heart, Totem
Shaped: You form a heavy, lightly gleaming, caramel-brown carapace covering your back that has short spines protruding from the shell.
Shaped Effect: While this meld is bound, you gain All-Out Attack as a temporary feat, but you may use this feat only for unarmed attacks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you may increase the penalty range of All-Out Attack by 1.
Arms Bound: In addition to the standard carapace, your arms also manifest scaly plates with spikes emerging from your elbows.
Bind Effect: The threat range of your unarmed attacks is doubled. This effect does not stack with any other effect that increases the threat range of your unarmed attacks.
Feet Bound: In addition to the standard carapace, your legs become increasingly muscular and their shape alters slightly so that you more naturally move on just your toes and the balls of your feet.
Bind Effect: Once per scene, you gain a +60 ft. magic bonus to your speed for 1 round. This bonus increases by +10 ft. per point of essentia invested.
Heart Bound: Your carapace takes on a highly reflective sheen.
   Bind Effect: You gain Spell Defense equal to your meldshaper level +5 per point of essentia invested.
Totem Bound: In addition to the standard carapace, two mighty and fearsome horns jut from your head.
Bind Effect: While this meld is bound, you gain Charging Basics as a temporary feat. Additionally, when you use the Charge trick, all enemies within 60 ft. and that can see you must make a Will save or become shaken.

FROST HELM
Shaped: You form a blue-white helm resembling the head of a frost worm, with its strange lumpy shape rising to a tall nodule at the front and top.
Shaped Effect: You and your carried gear suffer no harm from hot and cold environments. This effect offers no protection against fire damage or temperature-based attacks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain Cold Resistance 5.
Crown Bound: The helm fuses to your head, opening a breathing channel in the strange nodule at the helm’s crown.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may breathe a cone of cold in a 5 ft. long plus 5 ft. per point of essentia invested cone, inflicting 2d6 plus 1d6 per point of essentia invested + your Con modifier cold damage. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).
Totem Bound: The helm fuses to your head and seems to spread downward, changing the appearance of your upper face to resemble the head of a frost worm, your eyes meld into the helm’s strange nodule, your cheeks twist into lumpy protrusions and the skin of your face grows thick and blue-white.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a half action you may make a Stunning Trill attack (20 ft. ray [1 target]; Will save or become stunned for 1d6 rounds). For every point of essentia invested, you may affect 1 more target.

GIRALLON ARMS
   Chakra: Arms, Totem
Shaped: You coalesce ghostly, blue-white, fur-covered arms around your own arms and upper torso that seem to enhance your arm and chest muscles and also form ghostly claws over your fingers.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus on Athletics/Climb and checks and Grapple checks.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain an additional +2 insight bonus to Athletics/Climb and checks and Grapple checks.
Arms Bound: The fur of your arms grows longer at your forearms, forming tufts of hair near your elbows.
   Bind Effect: You gain the Rend NPC quality.
Totem Bound: In addition to the normal arms, you also coalesce an extra pair of girallon arms from your mid-torso.
Bind Effect: You gain a Claw natural attack (Claw I: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 20). You also gain Warrior’s Grace as a temporary feat. For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack.

GORGON MASK
Shaped: You form a ghostly-blue mask resembling the head of a steel-plated bull, complete with long, arcing silvery horns and black pits for eyes.
Shaped Effect: You gain a +1 bonus to Fortitude saves and a +2 to all checks to resist being Bull Rushed, Tripped, Overrun or Trampled.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your bonus to Fortitude saves and to resist being Bull Rushed, Tripped, Overrun or Trampled improve by 1.
Throat Bound: The dusky, metallic scales of your mask extend down your neck forming a sharp ridge along your spine.
Bind Effect: Once per scene as a full action you may make a Petrifying Breath attack (Fort DC or be turned to stone) against a single adjacent target. For each point of essentia invested, the save DC increases by 1.
Totem Bound: The metallic scales of your mask extend down over your shoulders, lending bulk and solidity to your frame.
Bind Effect: You gain a Trample natural attack (Trample I: dmg 1d8 lethal; threat 20; notes: 2 sizes smaller only, Fort (DC equal to damage) or become sprawled - see FC p.223). For each point of essentia invested, you are considered 1 size larger for this attack.

GREAT RAPTOR MASK
Shaped: You form a large ghostly-blue mask that surrounds your whole head, resembling the head of a giant eagle or owl with brown and white feathery plumage that has the faintest purple-blue tinge, and with glassy sky blue eyes.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus on all Notice checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain an additional +2 insight bonus to Notice checks.
Brow Bound: Your mask has large eyes that glow a pale, blue-green glow and the mask fuses to your head.
Bind Effect: You gain the Darkvision II NPC quality. Additionally your visual range increments become equal to your Wisdom score x 50ft.
Totem Bound: Your mask fuses with and transforms your entire head to take on the appearance of a giant eagle.
   Bind Effect: You gain Evasion I.

HEART OF FIRE
   Chakra: Waist, Totem
Shaped: You form a ghostly, loose-fitting belt around your waist with a rough stone of blazing red at the center.
Shaped Effect: You gain a +1 insight bonus on attack and damage rolls against 1 type of creature chosen at the time you shape this meld.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to attack and damage rolls increases by 1.
Waist Bound: Instead of forming a belt with a red stone, a red glow infuses your body, concentrated in your abdomen.
Bind Effect: You gain the Natural Defense (Fire: dmg 1d6 fire per point of essentia invested in this meld, Reflex save for half damage) NPC quality. However, this damage does not stack with any fire damage provided by this meld bound to the totem chakra.
Totem Bound: Instead of forming a belt with a red stone, a fierce red glow infuses your entire body.
Bind Effect: Your unarmed attacks deal an additional 1d4 points of fire damage per point of essentia invested in this meld. Additionally, any character involved in a Grapple with you also automatically takes this damage each round at the end of your turn.

HUNTER’S CIRCLET
Shaped: You form a ghostly, sky-blue headband that resembles a wreath of twining ivory.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus on Medicine and Survival checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Medicine and Survival checks increases by 2.
Crown Bound: Your circlet weaves into your hair and winds down to your shoulders.
   Bind Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus and a threat range of 17-20 with Survival/Track checks.
Totem Bound: Your circlet takes on the appearance of real twining ivory.
   Bind Effect: You gain the Improved Sense (Scent) NPC Quality, as well as a +4 bonus to scent related Survival/Track checks.

KRAKEN MANTLE
Shaped: You form a ghostly, kraken-like triangular, mantle around your shoulders and torso that is smooth and sleek to the touch.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +8 insight bonus to Athletics/Swim checks, as well as gaining the Superior Swimmer I NPC quality.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain an additional grade of Superior Swimmer.
Arms Bound: Your mantle spreads down to your upper arms and fuses with your flesh, making your arms grow slightly more flexible.
Bind Effect: You gain a bonus on all Grapple checks equal to the number of essentia invested in this meld. Additionally, you deal 1d8 points of bludgeoning damage plus your Strength modifier when using the Injure Grapple Benefit.
Totem Bound: Your eyes grow large with enormous pupils ringed with red, resembling the eyes of a kraken.
   Bind Effect: You gain the Aquatic II NPC quality.

KRENSHAR MASK
Shaped: You form a snarling, bestial mask of exposed bone and muscle with a basic form somewhere between that of a large cat and a wolf with sharp teeth.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus on Acrobatics/Jump and Sneak checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Acrobatics/Jump and Sneak checks increases by 2.
Brow Bound: Your eyes take on a green-blue color through your mask.
Bind Effect: You gain a bonus to Intimidate checks equal to the insight bonus you receive to Acrobatics/Jump and Sneak checks from this meld.
Totem Bound: Your mask melds with your face and you gain a feral growling tone to your voice.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a half action you may make a Sonic Shriek attack against an opponent that can see and hear you (30 ft. ray [1 target]; Will save or become frightened for 1d6 rounds). For every point of essentia invested, the duration of the effect increases by +1d6 rounds.

KRUTHIC CLAWS
   Chakra: Hands, Shoulders, Totem
Shaped: You form chitinous plates that hover over your shoulders and down your arms to your hands where they end in the form of long, triangular, scythe-like claws just longer than your fingers.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus to Sneak checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Sneak checks increases by 2.
Hands Bound: Your chitinous plates merge into the backs of your hands and sprout numerous sharp spines near your wrists.
   Bind Effect: Your unarmed weapons gain the finesse quality.
Shoulder Bound: Your chitinous plates merge with your shoulders and grow thick and hard, with more plates spreading across your back and rising in a crest over your shoulders.
   Bind Effect: You gain Acid Resistance 10, which increases by 5 for every point of essentia invested in this meld.
Totem Bound: Your chitinous plates form enormous, serrated, scythe-like claws extending from your wrists and covering your hands, and have vicious spikes emerging from the base of the blades.
Bind Effect: You gain a Claw natural attack (Claw I: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 20). For each point of essentia invested, your claws also deal 1d4 acid damage.

LAMIA BELT
Shaped: You form a belt of golden-brown fur at your waist.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus on Bluff and Sneak checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Bluff and Sneak checks increases by 2.
Waist Bound: Instead of a physical belt, you manifest fur sprouting from your skin, from wait to knees, and your legs become slightly more muscular.
Bind Effect: You gain a +10 ft. magic bonus to your Speed, and while this meld is bound, you gain Charging Basics as a temporary feat.
Totem Bound: Your lower body from waist down takes on the form of a lion, with four legs ending in sharp claws, a long tufted tail and coarse golden-brown fur.
   Bind Effect: You gain a Claw natural attack (Claw I x2: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 20).

LAMMASU MANTLE
   Chakra: Arms, Shoulders, Totem
Shaped: You form a mantle of fur and feathers, shining golden brown around your shoulders and back, that hangs down to your knees in back and wraps around your body to close in the front if you wish.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 magic bonus to Defense.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 magic bonus with saves vs. spells.
Arms Bound: Your mantle spreads down to your upper arms.
   Bind Effect: The Defense and save bonus of this meld apply to all allies within 10 ft.
Shoulder Bound: Your mantle melds with your shoulders and its feathers separate from its fur to form small, nonfunctional wings that spread behind you.
   Bind Effect: You may cast Protection from Alignment and Resilient Sphere I once per scene.
Totem Bound: You mantle extends upward into an impressive mane around your head.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may breathe a cone of fire in a 5 ft. long plus 5 ft. per point of essentia invested cone, inflicting 2d6 plus 1d6 per point of essentia invested + your Con modifier fire damage. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).

LANDSHARK BOOTS
   Chakra: Feet, Totem
Shaped: You form a pair of leathery boots that resemble the heavy clawed feet of a bulette and encase your legs up to the knees, tipped in enormous claws.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus on Acrobatics/Jump checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus on Acrobatics/Jump checks increases by 2.
Feet Bound: Your boots extend up to the middle of your thighs and your legs thicken with muscle.
Bind Effect: So long as you’re standing firmly on the ground and not climbing, flying, or riding, you gain the Blindsight NPC quality. For each point of essentia invested, you consider your Wisdom score 1 point higher for this ability.
Totem Bound: Your hands as well as your feet gain the heavy claws of a bulette, including a prominent central claw and two smaller claws on the side, which emerge from the back of your hands and feet.
Bind Effect: You gain a Claw natural attack (Claw I: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 20). You may not use a shield while this meld is bound. You also gain the Charging Mastery feat as a Temporary feat. For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack.

MANTICORE BELT
Shaped: You form a belt of spotted fur around your waist, and at your back, short spines emerge from the belt.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus on Acrobatics/Jump and Notice checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Acrobatics/Jump and Notice checks increases by 2.
Waist Bound: Your belt sprouts a pair of large, leathery wings.
Bind Effect: You gain Winged Flight (see FC p227) with a speed of 10 ft. per point of essentia invested in this meld. Additionally, you gain the Charging Basics feat as a temporary feat.
Totem Bound: Your belt sprouts a large, thick tail in the back, its tip covered in a cluster of spikes.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may fire a volley of Tail Spikes (Tail Slap I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20; upgrades: AP 2), but with an area of a 50 ft. beam. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down). For each point of essentia invested in this meld, the save DC increases by 1.

PEGASUS CLOAK
Shaped: You form an elegant cloak of blue-white feathers and radiance.
   Shaped Effect: You may cast Feather Fall at will, and you gain a +2 insight bonus on Acrobatics/Jump checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Acrobatics/Jump checks increases by 2.
Shoulder Bound: Your cloak melds with your shoulders and splits to form two distinct feathery wings.
Bind Effect: You gain Winged Flight (see FC p227) with a speed of 10 ft. per point of essentia invested in this meld. Additionally, you don’t suffer the typical error range penalties associated with flying.
Totem Bound: The feathers of your cloak extend up the back your neck and head to form a feathery mane and also splits to form two distinct wings.
Bind Effect: You gain Winged Flight (see FC p227) with a speed of 10 ft. per point of essentia invested in this meld. Additionally, you don’t suffer the typical error range penalties associated with flying. However, you may only fly as  standard move action and must begin and end each such move on a solid surface or you will fall.

PHASE CLOAK
Shaped: You form a gray and white cloak with mottled blue markings that seems to shift and flow over your back like liquid.
Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus on Athletics/Climb checks, are always considered to have climber’s gear, and gain the Superior Climber I NPC quality.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Acrobatics/Jump checks increases by 2.
Shoulder Bound: Your cloak extends across your shoulders and upper torso, and becoming more like a silvery-gray liquid, seeming to flow like a stream even when motionless.
   Bind Effect: When you take a Standard Move action, you can become incorporeal during the movement.
Totem Bound: The cloak extends upward over your head and face, forming a hood that resembles a terrible spider’s head with eight silver-white eyes set in dark blue chitin covering your own eyes, and a huge pair of fang-like mandibles covering your mouth.
Bind Effect: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal + fast-acting debilitating poison; threat 20; upgrades: venomous). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack rolls with this attack.

PHOENIX BELT
Shaped: You shape a belt of feathers the color of flame in various shades of red, orange and yellow, which seem to shift in color, pulsing softly like the embers of a dying fire.
Shaped Effect: You and your carried gear suffer no harm from hot and cold environments. This effect offers no protection against fire damage or temperature-based attacks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain Fire Resistance 5.
Waist Bound: Your belt actually takes on a more flame-like appearance.
Bind Effect: Each time your Fire Resistance (from any source) reduces fire damage dealt to you, you gain the Regeneration NPC Quality for a number of rounds equal to the amount of damage negated. This regeneration doesn’t stack. In the case of multiple triggers of regeneration, use the longest duration.
Totem Bound: Your belt, skin and eyes seem to glow like hot coals.
Bind Effect: You gain the Natural Defense (Fire: dmg 1d6 fire per point of essentia invested in this meld, Reflex save for half damage) NPC quality.

RAGECLAWS
Shaped: You form a pair of furred gloves tipped with short claws, that float over your hands and any gear worn.
Shaped Effect: You gain the Ferocity NPC Quality, allowing you to act normally even when dying. You still die if you have less than –9 wounds.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you increase your death threshold beyond -10 by 2.
Hands Bound: Your gloves merge into your hands and your fingers become tipped with small, dark claws.
Bind Effect: While your wounds are below 0, you gain a +2 morale bonus to melee and unarmed attack and damage rolls, as well as Fortitude saves.
Totem Bound: Your gloves merge into your hands and your fingers become tipped with long, sharp claws.
Bind Effect: You gain a Claw natural attack (Claw I: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 20). Additionally when you Grapple an opponent you inflict your unarmed attack damage twice. For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack.

RIDING BRACERS
Shaped: You form a pair of hard leathery bracers that encircle your wrists that smell of horses and hay.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus to Ride and Survival/Breed Animal and Train Animal checks.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Ride and Survival/Breed Animal and Train Animal checks increases by 2.
Arms Bound: Your bracers clench tightly to your wrists, seeming to meld to the flesh.
   Bind Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus to melee damage rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to Defense.
Totem Bound: Your bracers meld with your arms and grow a small mane of hair around them.
   Bind Effect: You may make Ride/Maneuver checks as a free action and your mount gains Evasion I.

SHADOW MANTLE
Shaped: You form a rough cloak of stony gray around your shoulders and back, that moves like tentacles and always appears darker than the surrounding area.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus on Notice checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Notice checks increases by 2.
Shoulder Bound: Your cloak’s shadowy nature deepens making its coloration darken.
Bind Effect: You may cast Darkness I once per scene on yourself only, and when under the effect of the spell, you gain the Blindsight NPC quality.
Totem Bound: Your cloak becomes shadowy in nature and changes to match your surroundings.
   Bind Effect: You gain an insight bonus on Blend and Sneak checks equal to the bonus the meld grants to Notice checks.

SHEDU CROWN
   Chakra: Crown, Heart, Totem
Shaped: You form a shining, argent crown that hovers above your head.
   Shaped Effect: You are immune to any push or knockback effect.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 magic bonus with saves vs. spells.
Crown Bound: Your crown settles firmly on your head.
   Bind Effect: You gain the Telepathic NPC Quality up to a 100 ft. range.
Heart Bound: Your crown shines with a brilliant silver light.
Bind Effect: You may as a full action, become incorporeal for a total number of rounds per session equal to your meldshaper level, or until you spend a full action to consciously become corporeal. You instantly become corporeal if you fall unconscious or die.
Totem Bound: Your hair grows into a bushy mane beneath your crown and your body appears more muscular.
Bind Effect: You gain a Trample natural attack (Trample I: dmg 1d8 lethal; threat 20; notes: 2 sizes smaller only, Fort (DC equal to damage) or become sprawled - see FC p.223). For each point of essentia invested, you are considered 1 size larger for this attack.

SPHINX CLAWS
Shaped: You form a powerful set of retractable, cat-like claws over your hands.
Shaped Effect: You gain a +1 insight bonus to Strength checks, Strength-based skill checks, Bull Rush attempts and to any check made to break scenery.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Strength checks, Strength-based skill checks, Bull Rush attempts and to any check made to break scenery, increases by 1.
Hands Bound: Your hands become one with the claws, which seem oversized for you.
Bind Effect: While this meld is bound, you gain Charging Basics and Charging Mastery as temporary feats, but may only be utilized with unarmed attacks.
Totem Bound: Your hands become one with the claws that surround them and seem oversized for your size.
Bind Effect: You gain a Claw natural attack (Claw I: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 20). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack.

THREEFOLD MASK OF THE CHIMERA
   Chakra: Crown, Soul, Totem
Shaped: You form a three-faced mask depicting the three heads of a chimera (dragon, lion and goat) which hovers in front of your face but that doesn’t move as your head moves, allowing you to see through each mask.
   Shaped Effect: You gain Uncanny Dodge II.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to Notice and Search checks.
Crown Bound: Your mask attaches to your forehead and now moves with you as you turn.
Bind Effect: At the start of your Initiative Count, you may accept a -5 penalty with your attack checks and Defense until the start of your next Initiative count. Once, at the end of the round, you may take an extra half action to make a Standard Move Action.  For each point of essentia invested in this meld, the penalty to attack checks and Defense decreases by 1.
Soul Bound: Your mask remains floating but now moves with you as you turn.
Bind Effect: At the start of your Initiative Count, you may accept a -5 penalty with your attack checks and Defense until the start of your next Initiative count. Once during this round, you may take an extra half action to make any Standard Action.  For each point of essentia invested in this meld, the penalty to attack checks and Defense decreases by 1.
Totem Bound: Your mask melds with your body, your head branching into the three monstrous heads of the chimera.
Bind Effect: You gain 3 natural attacks. Further, at the start of your Initiative Count you may accept a –3 penalty with your attack and skill checks until the start of your next Initiative Count. Once during that round you may take a half action to make 3 unarmed Standard Attacks, but each attack must use a different unarmed attack than the last.
•   Dragon Head: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20).
•   Lion Head: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20).
•   Goat Head:  You gain a Gore natural attack (Gore I: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 19-20; upgrades: bleed).

TOTEM AVATAR
   Chakra: Arms, Feet, Heart, Shoulders, Totem
Shaped: You shape an imposing, ghostly-gray avatar of bestial power which surrounds you and gives the impression of a hulking gray render in outline and features.
   Shaped Effect: You gain 1 additional vitality point per Meldshaper Level.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to Defense.
Arms Bound: Instead of a gray render, the shape of your totem avatar appears as an owlbear covered in a coat of shaggy fur and feathers.
   Bind Effect: You gain a +4 bonus with Athletics checks made during a Grapple.
Feet Bound: Instead of a gray render, the shape of your totem avatar appears as a rampager, with four elephantine legs, two muscular arms with hooked claws, a headless body with a gaping maw planted on the forward part of the torso, and a thick tail dragging behind.
   Bind Effect: You gain Improved Stability.
Heart Bound: Instead of a gray render, the shape of your totem avatar appears as a smaller version of a tarrasque, with its hulking form leaning forward over your own, its back covered with a think, spiny carapace; two mighty horns sprouting from its head; and its gaping jaws revealing dozens of knifelike teeth.
Bind Effect: You gain Damage Reduction 5. For every point of essentia invested, you gain +1 DR.
Shoulders Bound: Instead of a gray render, the shape of your totem avatar appears as a blood ape, a red-furred gorilla.
   Bind Effect: Your natural weapons deal damage as if you were one size category larger.
Totem Bound: You become more like a gray render, your muscles growing to fill out the musculature of the beast.
Bind Effect: You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls made with unarmed attacks per point of essentia you have invested in this meld.

UNICORN HORN
Shaped: You form a pure white-ivory horn that seems to sprout from your forehead and glows with a soft blue-white radiance.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus to Sneak and Survival skill checks.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you insight bonus to Sneak and Survival skill checks increases by 2.
Brow Bound: A streak of white appears in your hair near the unicorn horn and your eyes change color to deep sea-blue, violet or fiery gold.
   Bind Effect: You may cast Detect Alignment and Touch of Light at will.
Totem Bound: A tuft of white hair hangs down from your forehead around your unicorn horn, while your forehead itself thickens and the rest of your hair transforms into a cascading white mane.
Bind Effect: You gain a Gore natural attack (Gore I: dmg 1d6+STR lethal; threat 19-20). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack. If you damage an undead with this attack, you deal an additional 1d6 damage.

URSKAN GREAVES
   Chakra: Feet, Totem
Shaped: You form a pair of steel-plates backed with white fur that fit over your shins, covering any other gear you wear.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +5 insight bonus on Acrobatics/Balance checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you gain Cold Resistance 5.
Feet Bound: White fur covers your legs where the greaves merge into your flesh.
Bind Effect: While this meld is bound, you gain Charging Basics feat as a temporary feat. Additionally, when using the Charge trick and you hit with a melee or unarmed attack you deal +1d4 bonus damage per point of essentia invested in this meld.
Totem Bound: You form a stout, silver-blue, metallic belt of plates and chain that girds your waist.
Bind Effect: You gain a Trample natural attack (Trample I: dmg 1d8 lethal; threat 20; notes: 2 sizes smaller only, Fort (DC equal to damage) or become sprawled - see FC p.223). For each point of essentia invested, you are considered 1 size larger for this attack and the save DC increases by 1.

WINTER MASK
Shaped: You shape a snow-white mask resembling the head of a wolf with a snarling muzzle filled with sharp teeth protruding from the front of the mask, and eyes like blue ice crystals.
Shaped Effect: You may convert your unarmed damage to cold damage without suffering the normal –4 attack penalty, and your cold unarmed attacks cause the target to make a Fortitude save or become fatigued.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your unarmed attacks deal an additional +1d4 cold damage.
Throat Bound: White fur spreads down from your mask to cover your throat.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may breathe a cone of cold in a 5 ft. long plus 5 ft. per point of essentia invested cone, inflicting 2d6 plus 1d6 per point of essentia invested + your Con modifier cold damage. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).
Totem Bound: Your mask melds with your face, giving you the head of a white wolf with ice-blue eyes.
Bind Effect: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20). For each point of essentia invested, your bite also deals 1d4 cold damage.

WORG PELT
   Chakra: Feet, Hands, Totem
Shaped: You form a cloak-like garment that resembles the dark and thick furry pelt of a worg, from the head perched atop your own with its glassy red eyes, to the forelegs extending down your arms and rear legs hanging behind you.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 insight bonus to Sneak checks.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your insight bonus to Sneak checks increases by +2.
Feet Bound: The hind legs of your pelt fuse to your legs, lengthening your feet and shins while shortening your thighs and encompassing your legs and feet in dark gray fur.
   Bind Effect: Your base speed increases by 5ft. plus an additional 5ft. per point of essentia invested in this meld.
Hands Bound: The forelegs of your pelt fuse to your arms, adding weight and bulk to your hands and encompassing your arms and hands in dark gray fur.
   Bind Effect: When you hit with a Bite attack, you may immediately Trip him as a free action.
Totem Bound: The head of your pelt fuse to your own, giving you the appearance of a wolf’s head with glowing red eyes and a muzzle full of sharp teeth.
Bind Effect: You gain a Bite natural attack (Bite I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal; threat 20). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack.

WORMTAIL BELT
Shaped: You form a wide belt of thick purple scales around your waist.
Shaped Effect: You gain a +2 magic bonus to Defense.
   Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, your magic bonus to Defense increases by 1.
Waist Bound: Rather than forming a belt, you form a bulky scaled plating on your torso and legs, dark purple in the back and lighter in front.
Bind Effect: You gain the Knockback NPC quality.
Totem Bound: A thick, purple-scaled tail emerges from the back of your belt and is long enough that you can reach it around you to attack foes with the stinger at the end.
Bind Effect: You gain a Tail Sting natural attack (Tail Slap I: dmg 1d8+STR lethal + fast-acting weakening poison; threat 20; upgrade: venomous). For each point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage rolls with this attack as well as increasing the save DC by 1.

YRTHAK MASK
Shaped: You form a bizarre mask, basically crocodilian in form that lacks eyes entirely and with weird hornlike protrutions jutting from the top and front.
   Shaped Effect: You gain a +4 insight bonus to Notice skill checks.
Essentia: For every point of essentia invested, you insight bonus to Notice skill checks increases by 2.
Brow Bound: Your mask fuses to your forehead, though your mouth still speaks inside the mask.
   Bind Effect: You gain the Blindsight NPC quality.
Totem Bound: Your mask becomes your actual face and your jaws lengthen into the crocodilian may of a yrthak.
Bind Effect: Once per round as a full action you may make an ear-splitting screech in a line 5 ft. long plus 5 ft. per point of essentia invested line, inflicting 2d6 plus 1d6 per point of essentia invested + your Con modifier sonic damage. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:28:35 AM »

Haven't delved into it too deep yet (that's a lot of text Smiley) I have three suggestions for condensing the text.

You could probably eliminate the essential capacity table by having the level 1 ability grant a capacity of 1, and having the 2/11/19 ability increase capacity by 1 each time - it's nearly the same progression and means less rechecking the level 1 ability each time a character levels.

You could combine and/or simplify the empowered chakras selectable ability (4/12/20). this does reduce the bonus to grappling, but I think that's probably a plenty useful skill in Fantasycraft that it doesn't need to be the only one getting a +2 Tongue.

•   Empowered Chakra: When you bind a meld to a chakra you gain a +1 bonus to the following checks or rolls.
o   Crown: Will saves
o   Feet: Acrobatics/Balance and Sneak checks
o   Hands: Athletics checks
o   Arms: Grapple checks
o   Brow: Notice and Search checks
o   Shoulders: Reflex saves
o   Throat: Bluff and Impress checks.

You could simplify the invested powers by moving the +1 essentia into the shared text and taking it out of the individual entries since they all seem to have it. I was a little unclear on the intended restriction and took a wild swing at re-scripting what I thought you were wanting to happen.

Invested Powers: At Levels 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18, you gain 1 essentia and may choose one of the following abilities. Once per day you may invest essentia into each ability, the benefits lasting for 24 hours. You cannot add to or recover essentia from these abilites.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »

Excellent notes. Thanks!  Look forward to anything else you might notice or have ideas on. As I said, this was a pretty tough one to convert and I'm not certain it translated so well on the first draft.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: