Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 06:15:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Feedback on Paths: Runes, Time, Undeath and Mind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feedback on Paths: Runes, Time, Undeath and Mind  (Read 1086 times)
royalfa
Agent

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »

PATH OF RUNES
Runes I:  You may inscribe your Ritual Weapon with 2 runes (as per Rune Knight; pag. 58).
Thereafter, as a free action when you hit with your Ritual Weapon but before rolling damage,
you may activate 1 inscribed runeís benefit to the attack twice your Rune Step per scene.
Runes II:  You may cast Entropic Shield and Resist Energy once per scene.
Runes III:  You may cast Glyph of Protection I and Mark of Justice once per scene
Runes IV: You may inscribe your Ritual Weapon with 2 more runes (total 4)
Runes V:  You may cast Glyph of Protection II and Protection from Spells once per scene.

PATH OF TIME
Time I:  You gain the Lightning Reflexes feat.
Time II:  You may cast True Strike I and Freedom of Movement once per scene
Time III:  You may cast Haste and Slow once per scene
Time IV: You may cast True Strike II and Permanency once per scene
Time V:  You may cast Time Stop once and (A foresight spell) once per scene.

PATH OF UNDEATH
Undeath I:  Once per combat you may Turn Undead. You may also cast Deathwatch at will.
Undeath II:  You may cast Consecrate and Animate Dead II once per scene.
Undeath III:   You may cast Cause Wounds II  and Animate Dead III once per scene
Undeath IV: You gain the Personal Lieutenant feat (see page 108) The NPC must have Type: Undead with up to 80 XP value and you not lose Reputation if destroyed.
Undeath V:  You may cast Cause Wounds II, Mass and Animate Dead IV once per scene

PATH OF MIND
Mind I:  You gain a bonus to Knowledge checks equal to your Mind step and +2 bonus to all saving throws.
Mind II:  You gain +1 threat range with skills and attacks that you have a forte. Also, you may choose Intelligence or Wisdom, substituting that attributeís modifier in place of Dexterity when calculating Defense, and in place of Strength when making unarmed attack checks.
Mind III:  Until the end of the combat you gain have an extra half action against one character with lower Intelligence than you if the character dies you can choose a new one.
Mind IV: You are immune to spell and psychic illusions and gain +2 bonus to resist charms.
Mind V:  Once per combat you can make one non attack action affect ALL the characters that can see you or hear you with lower Intelligence than you or make a melee attack against all your adjacent opponents (roll damage separately)

Notes:
The first 3 are from the D&D Forgotten Realms setting.
Runes at first think in something like a "scribe master" or "charm/binding" but like a lot a seals/warding caster
Undeath path I want a sort of "undeath commander".
Time Initially I put Teleport I and II as cast spells but don't like "the once per scene aspect", like the idea of one or two foresight spells but don't exist yet!! lol (I realize that until now)

Mind I want to do a path without spells and like the idea of something based on Intellect with traces of Wisdom....

Please give me some feedback and need suggestions for a Path of Creation I already have a Path of Craft and want it different.

PATH OF CRAFT
Craft I:  You gain the Crafting Basics feat.
Craft II: You may cast Identify I and Repair II once per scene.
Craft III: You gain the Crafting Mastery feat.
Craft IV: You may roll twice when making Crafting checks, keeping the result you prefer
Craft V:  You gain the Crafting Supremacy feat

Thanks
Roy 
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »

PATH OF RUNES
Runes I:  You may inscribe your Ritual Weapon with 2 runes (as per Rune Knight; pag. 58).
Thereafter, as a free action when you hit with your Ritual Weapon but before rolling damage,
you may activate 1 inscribed runeís benefit to the attack twice your Rune Step per scene.

This should be no earlier than Rune III. It's the Rune Knight's signature ability and they dont get it until career level 5.

Time I:  You gain the Lightning Reflexes feat.

I would make this +5 to Initiative instead. I'm not sure Time would necessarily make you better at dodging area effects. Plus, consider someone who already has Lighting Reflexes and takes Time I; they now get a Basic Combat feat which doens't seem time-like at all.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:56:35 PM by pawsplay » Logged
royalfa
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 07:06:34 PM »

I really think about making new runes but I use the one in hand...
I will check this.
Suggestions??

I really like the dodging bonus thinking as a "precognition" (a jedi like dodge "he seems to be good reflexes but really he knows what will happen") and this look well combined with the foresight spell missing in step V.

I don't consider about the feat staking and I agree with you that is not time related.

royalfa
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 07:56:40 AM »

One more path

Comments??

PATH OF THE GODS
Gods I:   You gain the Ritual Weapon of any non opposing alignment in the campaign and a trick:
Aligned Bane (Ritual Weapon or Unarmed Attack Trick): The threat range of your attack increase by 1 for each step you have along this path, against any creature with different alignment than yor self.
You may use this trick a number of times per combat equal to your Gods Step.
Gods II:  Choose another path step II benefit that you donít have access or already a step.
Gods III:  Choose another path step III benefit that you donít have access or already a step.
Gods IV: Choose another path step IV benefit that you donít have access or already a step.
Gods V:  You gain the visitation (see pag 46) if you have this by other means gain a new use but with  an avatar of a non opposing alignment, Other way do not have any affect.
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »

One more path

Comments??

PATH OF THE GODS
Gods I:   You gain the Ritual Weapon of any non opposing alignment in the campaign and a trick:
Aligned Bane (Ritual Weapon or Unarmed Attack Trick): The threat range of your attack increase by 1 for each step you have along this path, against any creature with different alignment than yor self.
Gods II:  Choose another path step II benefit that you donít have access or already a step.
Gods III:  Choose another path step III benefit that you donít have access or already a step.
Gods IV: Choose another path step IV benefit that you donít have access or already a step.
Gods V:  You gain the visitation (see pag 46) if you have this by other means gain a new use but with  an avatar of a non opposing alignment, Other way do not have any affect.

It's too modular. Also, for a step 1 ability, I'm thinking the bane should only affect opposing alignments. II-IV are just not going to work; pick-n-mix is giong to juke the Path system badly which is predicated on the steps accourring in order.
royalfa
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28:40 PM »

I was thinking only in my campaign that have few PCs with alignment (2 of 6) and up to now only 1 NPC have an opposed align to 1 of them.

Yes I know I am responsible of that.

But yes is a great advantage to those with this then this must say

Aligned Bane (Ritual Weapon or Unarmed Attack Trick): The threat range of your attack increase by 1 for each step you have along this path, against any creature with opposing alignment than your self.

Now I think in this as  a Path to "mettle" with other path than your own, yes this will be a chaos but not all the steps will be useful...

The ones that say "you gain a bonus equal to your Fortune step" You can gain this because you don't have Fortune you  have Gods. Then that will be useless; I put the restriction "or already a step" because if I select Fire II as my Gods II then I can't select Fire III neither Fires IV.
This path will be only available to those with ONE alignment the SUN GOD. He's the "father" of all gods, then you can have some access to others paths/believes/abilities.

I don't understand why this wont work Or is some way to make it work??

I am creating a "complex" alignment system but need to work it out this new paths to get going.

For the SUN GOD I already have  Light and Life as granted paths and I'm working on Gods and Power paths.
Some suggestions? (Not Fire)

I will change the RUNE path (yes is overpower grant access to Rune Mage abilities) and will be based on Seal and Warding school of magic, hope found what I'm looking for in the Spellbound book.

Finally

Time I:  You gain the Lightning Reflexes feat if you already have this feat you gain a +2 insight bonus to Initiative instead

Thanks all for the feedback and hope have more help.
Roy

pawsplay