Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 04:39:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Bounties
| | |-+  First Bounty for Spycraft Third: Rocket Tech and Telecommunications
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Bounty for Spycraft Third: Rocket Tech and Telecommunications  (Read 1701 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »

I have a theoretical regarding these two topics that I'd like to fling past someone with knowledge of the topics (preferably both, though someone with strong knowledge in one and light knowledge in the other might be able to help). Credit and a free copy of the PDF product when it comes out to anyone who can help. IM me for details. Thanks!

P.S. Apologies if you posted these specialties to the research thread. I skimmed it but didn't see anything along these lines.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:44:19 PM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »

People on Titan by 1975!
for a book like this don't forget the Orion Drive (just thinking about this makes me cry). There is a good insiders view by George Dyson "Project Orion"
you might also check out "The High Frontier" by Gerrard K. O'Neill and A step further out by Pournelle.

Anyways not and expert all I can do is point at a few things Sad

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Goodlun
Operative

Yeah thats me with my Judo Gi and an AK-47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:25:11 AM »

Telecommunications depends on what you want to know.  But I saw a bunch of other IT guys in the research thread I would imagine that most have some form of teleco experience.   I have a fairly good grasp of wireless communication in particular in the area of CDMA.  I have worked for Air Touch Cellular, Kyocera Wireless and Qualcomm.   I have worked with PBXs, VOIP, ISDN lines, ect.  The key thing being if no one else steps up I probably have enough knowledge to know where to go look to find out what exactly it is that you need.
Unfortunately rockets on the other hand not so much. 
Also obviously while I am very bright and a very capable researcher, writing in itself is far from one of my strong points.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 02:19:25 AM »

Rocketry I can do - i'm a science teacher and a total space nerd. Want me to ask my friend Anu who works at NASA? No, really!

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
rgpandrade
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »

It really depends on the type of Telco you are wondering about.  I have worked on Networking using Telecomunications such as attaching a cell phone to a computer and the like I just am not sure this is what you are looking for.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: