I've got 1x resistance 5 valued as .5; the resistance essence list making ranged attacks as a valid type is a revelation.
Which list are you drawing from? In my docs .5 for restance 5 is for minor damage types (like, say, 'cold'), not 50% of all possible attacks. I like the mechanic, but there's no way that's a reasonable pricing. It makes the Soldier's 2/11/19 (with a value arguably around 12) look like a fool's errand.
It's just listed as a straight point cost for the ability: .5 for 5, 1 for 2x 5 or 1x 10. If not for the Essence I wouldn't have thought that ranged was a valid type.
Displacer Beast. Type:
I made the bonus insight instead of dodge because it's that bit harder to negate, reflecting the displacement as an innate quality rather than simply being fast. Though now I think of it, diplacement can be something of a two-edged sword.
I'm thinking at +3 to +7 defense for one
feat, you'd better go with the LEAST powerful option. The magnitude is already huge.
Large Hexapod Beast (1x2, Reach 1). Your maximum wounds are equal your Constitution score × 1.5 (rounded up).
- Base Speed: 40 ft.
- Cat Fall: You take 1 less die of damage from falling.
- Enlightened Sneak: Your maximum Sneak rank increases to your Career Level + 5. Only the highest bonus from any single enlightened ability may apply to each skill.
- Light Sensitive: You take 20 points of flash damage when you enter a brighter area. You also suffer a –4 gear penalty with saves made to resist flash damage, though this penalty is negated with eye protection.
- Lowlight vision: You gain the darkvision I quality.
- Natural Attack: You gain the claw I natural attack.
- Reviled: The starting Disposition of non-Displacer Beasts decrease by 10.
- Slippery Devil: You gain a +3 bonus to avoid being grabbed.
- Tentacles: You are considered to be armed with 2 whips at all times. You do not need to hold these weapons in your hands to ready them, but they may not be thrown or disarmed. If broken, they regenerate at the rate of one per day. You gain may purchase upgrades for this weapon for triple the normal price, but you must upgrade both at the same time and in the same manner (for a total of 6× the normal cost).
- Thick Hide (3): You are considered to be wearing partial armour that provides Damage Reduction 2. This damage reduction does not stack with other armour (only the best protection applies while wearing additional armour). If you gain thick hide from multiple sources, your hide offers the highest single DR value + 1 per additional hide benefit (e.g. thick hide 4, thick hide 3, and thick hide 1 offer DR 6).
Your enemies aren't sure where you are. You're not entirely certain yourself. Prerequisites:
Displacer Beast, Sneak 4+ ranks, Parry trick Benefit:
You gain a Dodge bonus to your Defence equal to your starting action dice. However, your error range when attacking increases by 1.Phase Shift [Species]
People just can't seem to connect with you. Prerequisites:
Your Displacement feat's dodge bonus to Defence becomes an insight bonus, and you gain an equal amount of damage resistance against non-adjacent attacks