Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:46:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  A new Idea for a game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new Idea for a game  (Read 8143 times)
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2011, 03:34:13 AM »

Great stuff!  BTW, I've edited Rollo's sheet slightly after realising I forgot some things.
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2011, 03:49:47 PM »

Aside from a couple of details, like skill focuses and, y'know, an actual background, my picks are ready. Still not sure which one to choose, though. Might end up flipping a coin for it, unless anyone else has a preference, which one would be most useful in the current group and such.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Iprophet
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2011, 07:52:36 PM »

Arg, the internet connection here is terrible.  I won't be able to get anything up til Monday.  However, I did some thinking about the revolver style weapons, perhaps increasing the load time by one for each chamber, as well as load 1 between firing?
How would you guys handle it>
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2011, 11:47:39 PM »

I would consider 4 Load per chamber in the cylinder to be reasonable and no load between shots of a loaded cylinder to be more... appropriate?  (Cocking a hammer really doesn't take noticeable time.)

An easily removed/swapped cylinder, Remington Model 1858, would be an advantage that costs some silver and may not yet exist.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:59:24 AM by MilitiaJim » Logged

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »

Aside from a couple of details, like skill focuses and, y'know, an actual background, my picks are ready. Still not sure which one to choose, though. Might end up flipping a coin for it, unless anyone else has a preference, which one would be most useful in the current group and such.

I favour the Saurian. The pech will be more of a solver type from the spell selection while the saurian will be fun to play in the setting and has a broad range of spells and abilities not covered elsewhere in the group.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »

Cool, saurian it is. Now to make a backstory explaining why he's working for/with the good guys...

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »

Cool, saurian it is. Now to make a backstory explaining why he's working for/with the good guys...
Working for the town council is fairly easy.  You're recently into town and saw a sign advertising work that would pay and earn the favor of the council.  Or at least something good attached to your name.

Kravchinsky expanded his wanderlust to include leaving the areas generally inhabited by winged Saurians entirely after an incident whilst visiting another town's lodge of his battle society.  So he caught a series of thermals and nice trailing winds and headed west towards the coast.

(She was being all Red Sonja, I will sleep with no male who cannot best me, and was winning.  A bit of Impress made it a bet, and the tent was a smoldering wreck in the morning.  Deciding that most would be less than pleased, Kravchinsky left Very Early the next morning.  There may be an egg involved.  How do I make that into a subplot?)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:18:16 AM by MilitiaJim » Logged

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Iprophet
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2011, 07:17:22 PM »

You simply inform your GM and it will eventually come back to haunt you! Evil

But, I digress, I have the world map, a brief description of important cities, a few new drake breeds, where each race fits in within each world power, however, this does not include Chataya in detail, which I feel you folks need.  If you guys want a copy of what I have, PM me.  I'm out of work at present, and am desperately searching for employment, so I'm sorry I'm kind of dragging this on.  However, I do have the first adventure set up, so if you're all willing to start, I can throw up the IC/OOC forums and at least get some momentum behind this.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »

I say we make a start.
Good luck looking for work. I've spent fair amount of time unemployed and It isn't fun. My last stint was 6mo so I know that these things happen and you can bust a gut and it still can take time.
In the end I got my dream job and now my employer is supplimenting my income while I get my next degree.
I suppose I'm trying to say it should work out in the end.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
jameswllorimer
Agent

"Alea iacta est" - The die is cast

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2011, 04:21:19 AM »

If it helps Iprophet I'm in a exactly the same boat, and it's been about 5 months so far. Just stay positive and something will come along Smiley I'll finalise up my character details tonight, and I'm ready to go.
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:07 AM »

Agreed, let's play.  All sympathy and best of luck with the job hunt!

EDIT: Tweaked Iprot slightly (he pretty much does what he did before, but I added in more of the classic unborn features etc.)
EDIT 2: Tweaked the backgrounds to fit the setting, and completed Sir Rollo Whiskyfoot, formerly of Bulwark's interests besides.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:53:41 AM by paddyfool » Logged
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2011, 06:49:50 PM »

Side note for Kravchinsky's background:  I think of the desert mountain Saurians, the winged at least, as being much like the Aiel from the Wheel of Time.

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »

Name: Martika Cayn
              Origin: Hulking Northern Horde Orc-Blooded Mystic
              Class: Captain 1 / Martial Artist 2 / Soldier 1 / Superior 1

(click to show/hide)

Name: Pangur Ban
              Origin: Albino Kitling exile

(click to show/hide)
              « Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:10:13 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Mister Andersen
              Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
              « Reply #103 on: March 10, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »

So, looking through the characters it amuses me no end that the team's tank is also the team's medic -- and surprisingly not as scary as one might expect a half orc well over 7ft high to be. I was -><- close to going with scholar and its Sensational She-Hulk vibe but something about mystic lent itself to a last minute change: importantly they both gave extra studies, allowing her to be a massive polyglot which is again amusingly against type.

Way I see it, Cayn's grown to adulthood out on frontier with her mother's people where if you're not tough then you're dead. Her generation however has largely fallen for the allure of the cities and the tribe fractured as the old ones either stayed to die where they were born or else followed their offspring in search of creature comforts. Far from blind to those advantages, Cayn however never really fit into urban life where everything was just the wrong scale and too fragile. So she takes up a sort of semi-nomadic existance, roving the frontiers of the urban sprawl and eventually making her way into the Elven Nations.

It's here that she meets Pangur Ban, an outcast from his own kind due to his own physical abnormality. The pair bond and adventure together and she develops something of a reputation as a problem solver along the lines of Kwai Chang Caine and the Man With No Name with a touch of the Valkyrie as the pair find themselves drawn to battles -- she to rescue the dying and he to feast on the dead.

It's after once such incident, where after -- much to Pangur's irritation -- returning a body to family for burial that the pair find themselves embroiled in their latest escapade.

---
              If anyone feels inclined to weave themselves into that in some fashion, feel free

MilitiaJim
              Control

View Profile WWW
              « Reply #104 on: March 10, 2011, 09:19:18 PM »

Kravchinsky will be intrigued to meet someone who is as tall as he is when he stands straight.   Cheesy

That said, I went with Survival over Medicine because Medicine is not really something Mikhailovskoe Kravchinsky Kropotkinyvich paid much attention to.  Find the bits for a poultice, but not so much the application thereof.  Should I metagame a bit and give him a rank or two?  (Which would require me to see if that became a class skill, but I can adjust if that would be a good idea.)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
              « previous next »
              Jump to: