Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 08:21:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  A new Idea for a game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new Idea for a game  (Read 7706 times)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:38 PM »

Updated The Box with Steamtalk as his native language.
where are we setting up a storage space for the character sheets? Page 1 of the IC thread or do we want to use the wiki?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:05:16 PM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »

where are we setting up a storage space for the character sheets? Page 1 of the IC thread or do we want to use the wiki?
I suspect it will be page 1 of the OCC thread.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »

The Box's tale
(how's this)
For several months The Box wandered Chataya day and night reading everything (signs, pamphlets, invoices, etc.), handling whatever piqued its curiosity (flowers, small children, jewellery etc.), going everywhere (alleys, bedrooms, garbage dumps etc) and ceaselessly asking questions (Why are children small?, why are you all dressed the same?, what is a city guard? Etc.). Eventually, irate shopkeepers, fathers, and others demanded an end to this public nuisance.
After several attempts the city guard managed to capture and detain The Box by baiting a trap with a musical alarm clock then putting it into an iron-bound chest and burying it. Still many in the guard and the council are nagged by guilt for treating an innocent so poorly.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2011, 01:08:34 AM »

Kravchinsky will be intrigued to meet someone who is as tall as he is when he stands straight.   Cheesy

That said, I went with Survival over Medicine because Medicine is not really something Mikhailovskoe Kravchinsky Kropotkinyvich paid much attention to.  Find the bits for a poultice, but not so much the application thereof.  Should I metagame a bit and give him a rank or two?  (Which would require me to see if that became a class skill, but I can adjust if that would be a good idea.)

Eh, we've got that particular base covered now, so don't go bending your build out of shape over it because we still need trackers

Iprophet
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2011, 01:14:26 AM »

Just waiting on an o.k. to shanghai an OOC style, then we'll get up and running.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2011, 03:46:44 AM »

Just switched out the Carpentry kit for thieves kit on The Box's tool hand. It matches the little extra bit of background submitted today.

"I just do eyes"
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2011, 01:58:43 PM »

And now I'm tempted to tweak Rollo's armament, proficiencies, and title (he doesn't really have any justification for the "Sir" whatsoever, and a sabre would make much more thematic sense as primary melee option for a military cavalric type of this era, or a monster slayer, for that matter, than a flail...)  Sooner we start, the better.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »

I've got a justifications for the "Sir":  It sounds good.   Grin

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »

Thank you!  I'll leave it in, for now (although there is a temptation to justify it with a "Hero of" feat...)

EDIT: And now he has the sabre, and "Sir" is officially an old nickname.  Proper job.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:57:33 PM by paddyfool » Logged
Iprophet
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »

OOC thread is up!
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »

Couldn't find any good pictures, and the background's a bit short, but can't really put it off any longer, now can I? Oh, and the name was generated using the random name generator in the book Smiley

(click to show/hide)

Tlatoss has been roaming the Steam Kingdom for the last ten years, seemingly looking to escape something in his past. He has never spoken to anyone about his past, but perceptive individuals have picked up certain clues, noticed certain treasured items, that would indicate he was once an military officer in the draconic kingdom, and when in dire straits have been known to mumble a name under his breath, followed by several vile curses about his character, hygiene, preferred sexual partners and heritage.

He has traveled from town to town, performing small jobs for coin. He presents himself as a knife-fighter, preferring to keep his magic as a surprise for when it is most needed, or will do the most damage. He is friendly and seemingly easy-going, but he rarely lets anyone get close to him, preferring to slip away in the darkness.

Jobs have been scarce lately, and his purse is almost empty, so his hopes are high for the town coming up on the horizon.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: