Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 08:26:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Mongoose has this listed for a December release, is this realistic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mongoose has this listed for a December release, is this realistic?  (Read 2713 times)
Thuren
Recruit

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 04:16:42 PM »

Mongoose has this listed for a December release, is this realistic?
Aziraphale
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 04:42:05 PM »

I guess that depends what model they decide to take with it's release. If they use the WoF model we might be waiting a few years. God forbid they decide to follow the 10kb model... Tongue

All Joking aside, I think everyone's hope is that the WoF printing experience will help them speed up the whole process and that Fantasycraft will be out then. That said, all that's really known at the moment is that it will be out after 10kb but before Farthest Star. I'd love if it was December, but these guys have lives outside of soothing our cravings so I'm more inclined to guess that we are looking at a release before 4ed.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind if Morg spent more time on spellbound than he did on Fantasycraft despite them being related  Wink I want my reaper... *ducks and runs for the space under his bed*

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
James Nicoll
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 04:43:41 PM »

My money's on First-Quarter 2008.  This is gaming.  Nothing's on time.  Smiley

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Argonnite
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 04:54:45 PM »

I want to spend some action dice on that release date.

ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 05:05:32 PM »

I want to spend some action dice on that release date.

It's certainly a dramatic conflict.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »

Mongoose has this listed for a December release, is this realistic?

No comment.

OK, comment - it's much better for your sanity and our blood pressure if you just plain ignore the Mongoose release dates for now. This, as we all know, has been an ongoing issue and is being settled - hopefully once and for all - right now. Until that time we inform you of the contrary, however, that information should be considered both incorrect and unofficial.

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 06:07:52 PM »

I believe Pat said that Mongoose's internal policies require setting a release date. However, that date is always subject to change dependent upon external factors (and possibly internal ones now that they have their own printer inhouse.)

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 09:48:30 PM »

We're doing our best to get them to dump dates that aren't settled - which at this point would be all of them (we haven't seen the newest galleys on SP and WoF and so even those books' dates aren't set). It's not as easy as just turning them off, though, so please bear with us. 

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Golden Dragon
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »

We're doing our best to get them to dump dates that aren't settled - which at this point would be all of them (we haven't seen the newest galleys on SP and WoF and so even those books' dates aren't set). It's not as easy as just turning them off, though, so please bear with us. 

Now this is real information that we can use: the Crafty Three are waiting on galleys. I thought that had in fact been in production, as we were hoping there would be a small shipment available at GenCon.

I think we would all be happier if we had more information like this. Not that I want to take valuable time from editing, but little snippets like this go a long way towards managing expectations. Let's see, the Crafty Three need to review the galleys, make changes, Mongoose needs to put the corrections into the press, crank out x copies, get them shipped stateside, go through the distribtion chain, etc. Nope, October First is probably not reasonable. See, I fell .... different already.  Wink

Gregory the Golden Dragon
-I'm a child progeny.
-Most children are.
      Calvin & Hobbes
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 05:24:03 PM »

The shipment for Gencon were in fact prior to this galley run, they were done in the hope that there would be no major problems and on the understanding that if there were, they'd be suffering the expense of shipping out replacements to those who had picked them up once the final version was released.  IIRC
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »

Now this is real information that we can use: the Crafty Three are waiting on galleys. I thought that had in fact been in production, as we were hoping there would be a small shipment available at GenCon.

I think we would all be happier if we had more information like this. Not that I want to take valuable time from editing, but little snippets like this go a long way towards managing expectations. Let's see, the Crafty Three need to review the galleys, make changes, Mongoose needs to put the corrections into the press, crank out x copies, get them shipped stateside, go through the distribtion chain, etc. Nope, October First is probably not reasonable. See, I fell .... different already.  Wink

We've mentioned this before, but it might have only been in various board discussions. We'll try to get it funneled to the blogs more often.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Thuren
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »

Thanks for the heads up... and Darn....  Undecided I was hoping to use this as a reason to see if 4th edition was even needed.... Get my group hooked and then just use 4th Ed as a resource.....
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »

This book IS slated to release before 4th (which, IIRC, is set to be out in May 2008), so don't fret on that front.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: