Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 08:55:57 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  What kind of books would you like to see for 3.0?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What kind of books would you like to see for 3.0?  (Read 6732 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »

They were calling it the "Archer Serial" in the GenCon video, so there might be some problems there. Since I think Pat mentioned wanting to go back to the original name, which was that.

Almost. The original name was Series Archer, which is currently what we're planning to use. May change, maybe even because of the FX series (though I doubt it - if it were to change, it would more likely have to do with decisions we make between now and release).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pegasus3c
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2011, 06:37:02 AM »

Oh I know Coyote, I just am not a fan of the system that it uses and I do like crafty games. Just a wish  Smiley
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »

Oh I know Coyote, I just am not a fan of the system that it uses and I do like crafty games. Just a wish  Smiley
'

Dresden should be easy to do.  Spellbound + 10KB + Fringe(IIRC)

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2011, 08:22:12 PM »

Good coverage of current, past and very near future realistic space travel, no reactionless thrusters for this one please.

Good coverage of biotechnology including medical scanning, genetic engineering, and tissue engineering. Spycraft 2 is very out of date in this area

Both of these areas have lots of hooks for spy games

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Goodlun
Operative

Yeah thats me with my Judo Gi and an AK-47

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »

I actually would like to see a small supplement on Corporate Espionage maybe as a precursor for cyberpunk
Sketchpad
Recruit

Taking on the Bad Guys Since 1980

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »

If it's a dream list, I'd like to vote for a Fringe Campaign Setting Wink 

In all honesty, though ... so long as I can do some fun espionage, I'll be happy Wink  Though the thought of SFA coming back would be pretty schway Wink 

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer | Sketchpad Studios
DeviantART Portfolio
snake
Handler

Its all in the reflexes !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2011, 06:48:33 AM »

I think, with a new edition, it might get boring to see too much re-hashing of old books. I prefer the idea that there are plug-and-play supplements, sort-of worldbooks that present a different idea.

For example. Maybe one whole supplement that was sort of a psychic agents? Nothing like superheroes in capes (that would be lame), but a government branch that specializes in those with extra traits. Imagine it.
  • Instead of sneaking in a wiretap or a bug, working to sneak in a telepath to pick up what the team needs.
  • Being pinned down, and able to use that psychokinesis to create a distraction or open a door you're pinned in front of.
And et cetera. In the last 2.0 game I ran, I was tying some of these abilities into my main villains, mostly just to give it that "larger than life" feeling. It was also because we all were big fans of Espionage such as Metal Gear Solid, and it added that air of mystery to the campaign to have those main baddies with unpredictable moves. It kept my PCs from planting in cover for entire battles, to say the least.

What you're describing sounds like the SyFy upcoming series Alphas... kind of a Alias meets Heroes thing. Shadowforce Archer had the Psion Formula recipients; perhaps a more natural occurring phenomenon as opposed to chemically induced psionics? That does sound like it'd be a nice portion in an Adventure Companion type book or even a setting writeup in the core book.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

I'd agree totally with an Alphas type setting.

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sister and my brother
Lo, there do I see the line of my people Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla Where the brave may live forever !!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: