Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 09:29:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  What kind of books would you like to see for 3.0?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What kind of books would you like to see for 3.0?  (Read 6297 times)
Tegyrius
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Agent

Somebody Else's Problem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »

Oh? Because I remember Clayton and Alex back on the AEG boards mentioning that even though they dropped the standard D&D damage code into 2.0, they at some point intended to run the formula on them

I'm not sure that would generate the most accurate or satisfying outcomes.  Arrows are too slow to generate a temporary wound cavity; I believe almost all your trauma there is generated from permanent crush/cutting of tissue.

(This is the kind of thing I say to ensure that eight self-appointed archery experts will come out of the woodwork to refute me.)

ETA: Going by the raw formula, a 400gr arrow at 450fps does 1d8.  Those numbers are straight off Google's cuff.  If anyone has numbers more accurate for actual hunting or combat arrows, please share.

- C.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:57:08 PM by Tegyrius » Logged

Clayton A. Oliver Writer of Fortune

And in this moment/I will not run, it is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope/Within our bloodied hands

- The Cruxshadows, Winter Born
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »

My 2c worth baring in mind that I haven't even read the Spycraft book. Two things.

Firstly, given the Fallout and now Terminator pbp a post-apocolyse mini-setting or source book might be well recieved.

Second, for me a gear book covering near-future stuff is a must. This book would not just be good for near future settings but also support 70's James bond style spy-fi. When puttting together such a book it isn't just guns. Computers and robotics are obvious but you should also consider biotech, as an insider in that field it is my professional view that currently biotech is developing as fast as computing technology but the public is largely unaware of what is 'just around the corner' in biological technology.

Been making my first spycraft character. I've noted your Science Genetics focus is cutting edge...about circa 1978.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »

I don't think the "Spycraft Weapon Damage Formula" will be made available.
Don't think it should, either.
It is not necessary to make it available.  Gun bunnies can look at the long list of firearms, build their dream gun, and stat it reasonably already.

I was suggesting it be included if (and only if) the ruleset is reduced to the sort of thing what it was in the SEH (which seems like a real possibility, just from what I've seen Pat and Alex say on the subject - that they have largely heard back that the gun list is too long, and players don't want pages and pages of kit).

If we get a 3.0 Modern Arms Guide (which I would very happily buy), it won't be an issue.  But if we get a single page of guns, rather then having guns of virtually every caliber and design to reverse engineer from, the gear heads out there will need some way to figure out rules for their weapon of choice (importantly including the gear head GMs who want accurate stats for the weapons an organisation use in real life).
Prophetsteve
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »

I want to see a Shadowforce Archer book.  Don't need a huge amount of supplements nor do I need the whole metaplot.  Just give me enough info to run the Archer conspiracy and the enemies (Hand of Glory, Shop, PERIL, etc).

Since SFA was the reason I got into Spycraft, I have missed it since Spycraft first edition ended.
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

I want to see a Shadowforce Archer book.  Don't need a huge amount of supplements nor do I need the whole metaplot.  Just give me enough info to run the Archer conspiracy and the enemies (Hand of Glory, Shop, PERIL, etc).

Since SFA was the reason I got into Spycraft, I have missed it since Spycraft first edition ended.

Doing the Archer series again was mentioned during GenCon as "in the works".
Prophetsteve
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »

Quote from: Coyote0273
Doing the Archer series again was mentioned during GenCon as "in the works".

Awesome!
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »

Of course, one wonders if Crafty are going to run into problems with the makers of the Archer cartoon over the name

VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2011, 08:54:06 PM »

Of course, one wonders if Crafty are going to run into problems with the makers of the Archer cartoon over the name

It shouldn't since the full name is Shadowforce Archer, plus prior art since SFA was around before the Archer comic.  If anything Crafty(or AEG depending on who still owns the SFA rights) more claim than the cartoon.

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »

But sadly these sorts of things tend to be decided by who has the most money, not the besr claim.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »

SG-1
Yeh, I know isn't going to happen but if we are talking a wishlist...

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2011, 06:08:13 AM »

SG-1
Yeh, I know isn't going to happen but if we are talking a wishlist...

On the upside - if you have all the books still (like me), it's super easy to convert to 2.0, and as such should be all but trivial to convert to SC3.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »

Yep, got all the books. So maybe.

"I just do eyes"
Pegasus3c
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2011, 07:49:13 AM »

I would second SG-1, if it would cover the rest of the franchise. I am not so sure about other stuff, but the Dresden Files comes to mind off the top of my head.
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »

I would second SG-1, if it would cover the rest of the franchise. I am not so sure about other stuff, but the Dresden Files comes to mind off the top of my head.

Dresden Files are already its own RPG line. I doubt it would be worth the cost to get it.

I would enjoy Stargate quite a bit, however. Especially official stats for things like those nasty Wraith dudes.
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »

It shouldn't since the full name is Shadowforce Archer, plus prior art since SFA was around before the Archer comic.  If anything Crafty(or AEG depending on who still owns the SFA rights) more claim than the cartoon.

They were calling it the "Archer Serial" in the GenCon video, so there might be some problems there. Since I think Pat mentioned wanting to go back to the original name, which was that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: