Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 02:13:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Classic Spycraft
| | |-+  So I am trying out some ideas for Shadowforce Archer, critiques welcome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So I am trying out some ideas for Shadowforce Archer, critiques welcome  (Read 1503 times)
rat_bastard
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »

New Departments:
“Silent Knives”
   One of the Main purposes of the Guardians of the Whispering Knife is the removal of people and organizations that use occult powers to recklessly endanger the world.  The Whispering Blades represent the militant side of this purpose, acting as highly skilled and lethal assassins and soldiers these agents train endlessly to use melee weapons to deadly and silent effect.
+2 Strength -2 Charisma
+1 Department bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks.  Silent Knives get a additional +1 department bonus at levels to these checks at 4th level, and every four levels thereafter.
+1 to base attack bonus when wielding any bladed weapon.  Silent Knives get an additional +1 base attack bonus at levels to these checks at 4th level, and every four levels thereafter.  Total Base attack bonus cannot exceed the Agents total level.
Bonus Feat: Blade Master

“Seekers”
   The fact that occult objects are a both a useful tool and a dangerous hazard is well known to the Guardians of the Whispering Knives.  Locating and safeguarding supernatural objects is one of the chief purposes of the Guardians.  The Guardians make it a point to locate and recruit individuals with a natural sensitivity to occult objects to further their goals of acquiring potentially deadly talismans.
+2 Wisdom, -2 Strength
+1 Department bonus to Search, and Knowledge: Occult checks.  Seekers get a additional +1 department bonus at levels to these checks at 4th level, and every four levels thereafter.
When making to check to determine whether or not the Agent can detect a Mystic Object the GM rolls an additional d6 and takes the lowest result.  The GM rolls an additional die when the agent reaches 4th level, and every four levels afterward.  In addition, the range of Agent's detection is doubled.
Bonus Feat: Sixth Sense

Mystic Feats:
Improved Blade Master
Your training with blades furthers your insight into the spiritual world.
Prerequisite: Blade Master
Benefit: You are considered to have Proficiency and the Weapon Focus feat with all bladed weapons, this does not provide an actual skill or attack bonus but counts as the Weapon Focus feat for the perquisites of feats. In addition, all basic and melee combat feats are considered to be mystic feats for you, not including weapon group and armor proficiencies acquired from classes or prestige classes.  Finally any bladed weapon you wield gains the Armor Piercing quality.

New Gadgets:
Bundle of Knives: Once one blade has been customized for you its fairly easy for the agency to copy its design and replicate it.
Gadget Point Cost: 2
Weight: -
Spot DC: 10 (Experts Only)
Mechanics: This is simply three Personalized Fighting Knives (SEH 146), if the agent chooses to purchase further enhancements for the Knives he only needs to pay the price for one.  The blades requisitioned with this gadget are all identical and personalized for the same person.

Ok, the first department is an attempt to make the lethals more Guardian friendly, the specialized weapon ability has been replaced with a broader bonus with some limitations.

The seekers are less an interesting group to play as a specialized group of magic item detectors that the guardians would obviously want to have at their disposal.  I am hoping sixth sense is the mystic item detecting feat, but I am away from books at this point.

The Improved Blade Master feat is about broadening the feat base of mystic characters and giving guardians that extra oomph.  The cold hard fact is that while mystic feats are neat they are just not as cool as traditional feats in most cases, but the amount of mystic feats you possess are important for allot of factors and so expanding that becomes somewhat important, and this feat is my humble attempt to help out mystics.

The Bundle of knives is all about getting personalized throwing knives without breaking your GP budget.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:52:39 PM by rat_bastard » Logged
rat_bastard
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 06:28:53 AM »

OK, another gadget idea

I was watching Golgo 13 for inspiration, I thought it was a series about a spy but its really a series about a sniper written by people who have never handled a firearm in their lives and try to fake it with buzzwords (at least thats what the english dub is like) Roll Eyes.  Every episode appears to be Golgo shooting a guy and a the shot gets broken down by a Greek chorus of characters of the week describing how nobody but Golgo 13 could possibly make the shot and hrgglrbrrrglemrggle...

Anyway, one episode he shoots a presidential hopeful with a plastic zip gun, which is not the interesting part, the interesting part is that he gets rid of the evidence by tying the zip gun to a bundle of balloons and lets it fly in the chaos after the assassination.

So the Idea is for a party balloons gadget that can float away a few pounds of gear as a standard action, say one gadget point for one that can float away 20 lbs of gear and two gadget points for what amounts to the most gaudy sky hook ever.   This does not destroy the evidence, it merely effectively takes it out of most people's hands for a week or so.

Thoughts?  Opinions?  Complaints?
Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »

I can't comment off the top of my head on these, but I'll probably crack out some of my classic books over the weekend to take a look over them. I like the balloon idea, it'll probably just have to be considered against some other gadgets. Also, was it The Shop that had rules for creating new gadgets?
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »

Yes, The Shop is where Gadget construction was located.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
rat_bastard
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »

so, any thoughts beyond what book contains what?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: