Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 09:17:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  An old gun...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An old gun...  (Read 990 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »

Something I put together to support a Napoleonic War game I've been weedled into running for my players.  I'd like some feedback and any suggestions.  I have no idea what caliber or cost to stick these at... partly as they'll be used by me in in the 1800s and I wasn't planning on using the Gear system.

Pattern 1800 Infantry Rifle (Baker Rifle)
4d4+2   1-2/19-20 1S60  12  80ft  S/2h  FLK,NUL(0),SLD(6),UPG(Bayonet Lug, Leaf Sight)  9lb   -  15/+0 1800

Land Pattern Musket (Brown Bess)
4d4+2   1-2/19-20 1S60  12  10ft  S/2h  FLK,IMP,INA(4),NUL(0),SLD(5),UPG(Bayonet Lug)  10lb   -  15/+0 1722

Pennsylvania (or Kentucky) Long Rifle
4d4+2   1-2/19-20 1S40  12  80ft  S/2h  FLK,NUL(0),SLD(6)  10lb   -  15/+0 1740s

This is REALLY rough, not much more then what came off the top of my head so I'll take any comments and suggestions.

Fire-lock (FLK)
This weapon does not use modern cased or caseless ammunition, insteady it is loaded with loose powder which is ignited by means of a flame or spark generated by a fuse, match, flint-lock, or percussion cap.  This makes the weapon susceptible to atmospheric moisture.  Note these modifiers by themselves will never allow a level 4 critical miss.
  • Very Humid (also ocean spray and fog): +1 error range,
  • Light Rain: +2 error range
  • Moderate Rain: +3 error range
  • Heavy Rain: +4 error range,
  • Storm: +6 error range
  • Hurricane/Blizzard: +8 error range

The other things I know I need is a way to squeeze longer range out of a round by using measure loose powder and some way of modeling the smoke put out by these things.  The measured powder can probably be replicated by a feat or skill check and an extra action to add a bonus to attack, but I'm not sure about the smoke.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Gentry