Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 08:24:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Lists/Handouts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lists/Handouts?  (Read 2063 times)
4saken
Recruit

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »

Is there someplace where there are lists and handouts that I am just not seeing? There is a Master Index I found but it's in Excell. I also hoped the Wiki would have something similar.

I'm looking for:

Character Creation Handouts - quickie lists for making characters, hopefully with page numbers, too, so players can look up details on things they have questions about

Printer-friendly charts - the main reason I got the .PDF instead of the hardcover was for ease of copy for player stuff (so I don't have 6 people fighting over the same book). But many tables and charts just start and stop wherever. For instance, the Armor and Armor Upgrade charts will both just fit onto a single page, but one is at the top of page 174 and the other on top of page 175. Having a single armor chart page would be nice. Bows and Hurled Weapons will also both fit on a single page.

Some kind of Master Index in HTML or .PDF format - my Excell-fu is weak. But I did actually manage to get it to load (sortof), so that's a start.
ArawnNox
Handler

GM in Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »

Check the downloads page.
There's a step-by-step guide to character creation on there, as well as condition cards and some other GM aids.

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
"A great GM knows how to make sure everyone has fun, and great players know the same." --Patrick Kapera
Arawn's Art: http://arawnnox.deviantart.com
Typhon
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:49:27 PM »

Yep! Some very handy stuff in there.
4saken
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »

Still looking for stuff like this. I can't find what I need so I am very close to making my own lists.

My first step will be a feat list, with page numbers. Does anyone know of such a list or made one already? Should we add this to the Wiki? My list will also have one-line blurbs but that might be too much info to publish in an open forum.

The next step will be a Qualities list, followed by tricks, stances, etc. In the end I want one big list, that has every feat, class ability, NPC quality, etc. There exists something similar on the Wiki but it is in Excell and it's for the first printing, so all the page numbers are wrong.
EloiseCartwright
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »

It should be easy enough to export the data in the Master Index via a quick cut n paste job. As far as I can tell all the info you need is in there.
I have a few handouts I've created for myself, but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting them up on an open forum (I've got races and classes all formatted to nicely fit on 1 sheet each, so when people are creating a character they can just take their sheet and keep it with them for reference, along with various other bits).
LHG
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »

It should be easy enough to export the data in the Master Index via a quick cut n paste job. As far as I can tell all the info you need is in there.
I have a few handouts I've created for myself, but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting them up on an open forum (I've got races and classes all formatted to nicely fit on 1 sheet each, so when people are creating a character they can just take their sheet and keep it with them for reference, along with various other bits).

You know, I would love to see something like this officially from the Crafty folks.  Some of my players can't afford to buy the book, but a quick reference-type pdf for a single class and its abilities for $0.99, for instance, would be within their means.  Likewise, a similar handout for specific types/groups of data might be worthwhile.
corey_s
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »

There's a Class Abilities list here:  http://www.crafty-games.com/files/File/Fantasy_Craft-Class_Abilities.xls

I'm (still) working on the Feats list, I might have it complete by the end of this weekend, assuming $work doesn't interfere.

Cheers
4saken
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:31 AM »

There's a Class Abilities list here:  http://www.crafty-games.com/files/File/Fantasy_Craft-Class_Abilities.xls

I'm (still) working on the Feats list...

Nice. The page numbers match up, too. I'm going to see what I can do to make a simple text file from this with ability and page numbers. Let us know when you get the feat list.
corey_s
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 01:40:28 PM »

I'm (still) working on the Feats list...

Nice. The page numbers match up, too.

I'm going to see what I can do to make a simple text file from this with ability and page numbers.

Cool!

Let us know when you get the feat list.

Definitely - I'm about half way through them as of last night.   Should have them all completed sometime saturday, I'll post here when it's finished.

Cheers!

4saken
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 02:23:09 PM »

Ok, I took the class ability list and have used it as a start for my master list. When I am done, it will have everything. Everything.

My final version will also have a quick blurb on the item in question. For now, page numbers will do.

My format will be:

55   C    1,000 Blades        description and notes goes here, blah blah blah

55 is the page and the C is for Class Ability. I'll use F for Feats, etc. My description might also have cross-reference notes to other pages, as a "see also". For instance Black Cat feat might have a note to see Tough Luck on page 95.

My full list (for now) is at http://4saken404.webs.com/fcbiglist.htm

Remember I am just wanting a simple, easily printable list in the end. Some day all this will surely be available in a spreadsheet, but that's not what I am going after.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »

My final version will also have a quick blurb on the item in question. For now, page numbers will do.

Careful. This can very easily slip over into no-no territory. Something like "Enhances Athletics checks" is fine, while even an abbreviated version of an actual ability is not.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 03:08:12 PM »

Careful. This can very easily slip over into no-no territory. Something like "Enhances Athletics checks" is fine, while even an abbreviated version of an actual ability is not.

For my own curiosity, would a list of conditions that some abilities do be too over the line?  Like.. "Bullrush = <X>" or "Trip = <X>/<Y>", etc.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »

For my own curiosity, would a list of conditions that some abilities do be too over the line?  Like.. "Bullrush = <X>" or "Trip = <X>/<Y>", etc.

I'm not following you. Please spell out a (one) full example.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 03:59:50 PM »

For my own curiosity, would a list of conditions that some abilities do be too over the line?  Like.. "Bullrush = <X>" or "Trip = <X>/<Y>", etc.

I'll use trip as its the most straight forward.

Action:  Trip (Opposed Acrobatics).  Success:  Target Sprawled.  Failure: Flatfooted.

A list of actions and abilities that trigger the various (and awesomely numerous) conditions in FC.  We tend to run into 'trick' bosses.. who are unbeatable unless we expose their weak spot or flaw.. so we're always trying to remember what trick / feat / ability does which condition or 'other than damage effects' to see if we can beat em up.  A master list, I think, would help.  (Still getting adjusted to being a player.)

(Edit to add "other than damage effects".)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:05:20 PM by TheTSKoala » Logged
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 04:33:15 PM »

For my own curiosity, would a list of conditions that some abilities do be too over the line?  Like.. "Bullrush = <X>" or "Trip = <X>/<Y>", etc.

I'll use trip as its the most straight forward.

Action:  Trip (Opposed Acrobatics).  Success:  Target Sprawled.  Failure: Flatfooted.

A list of actions and abilities that trigger the various (and awesomely numerous) conditions in FC.  We tend to run into 'trick' bosses.. who are unbeatable unless we expose their weak spot or flaw.. so we're always trying to remember what trick / feat / ability does which condition or 'other than damage effects' to see if we can beat em up.  A master list, I think, would help.  (Still getting adjusted to being a player.)

(Edit to add "other than damage effects".)

Trip is a bad example as it's already on the character sheet, and therefore not something we would frown on folks distributing. Breaking down, say, feats or class abilities in this fashion would cross the line, however.

On another note, I actively avoid building adversaries with just one weakness, or even a few obscrure weaknesses, because as a player I find them annoying and unfun. YMMV, of course.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: